The official 2003 UK+Europe Bl meetup, bham, fri 24th oct

^^^ Well fine then. I'm going to arrange my own party at the end of september, will be hosted in my sisters bedroom... she has a torch and tape player! wooo

I wouldn't be able to make september either, So we would be minus about 12 people in Sept.

Raas.. you could have a lightswitch rave! (tm Strongbad).. damn that sounds good! Still, if things don't work out there, you should really try to make it in October;).

Do we have any updates on the venue? hijinx has been trying to get a tan and haven't had time to check. 8o

You live in the royal fish and chips eating queens England, you've got no sun. :\

a venue is being scoped out tonight.

Its a new place but judging by the bar these guys already own it should be nice :)

def 25th. It's about 300+ capacity, square room with a bar on the side.

Last edited by a moderator:
a thousand apologies

I deleted all the last lot of posts as we don't really want to give away the location of the event, partly for security and peace of mind and partly because we don't want to jinx it since we haven't got the official nod from the final guy we have to talk to.
For those who wanted a bit of info about the place we've found, as Medi says, we saw it on Saturday and it's two room plus an outdoor space, the dancefloor has only just been opened so all the eq is brand new. It's possible that our event might be run in conjunction with what is happening at the adjacent bar (who will be supplying our bar). It is also likely that it will be able to start mid afternoon, which would mean we could have a bbq and chill out period to start things off, which I think would be rather nice:)

It is all within walking distance of New Street train station and Digbeth coach station (the main stations in town).

So, once again apologies for deleting everything, but feel free to blame Medi since he was the one who gave it all away to begin with;) Hope I haven't offended anyone.
hijinx

I'd love to come to this but I'm back in Uni as of the 4th of October :( Lectures and sometimes supervisions (though they can be moved usually) are on Saturdays, which makes it harder to do anything.

I'll have to think about it some more. Whats the latest you have to make a descision?

you don't have to let us know you're comnig at all- just turn up on the day if you like, it's just that we'll need to pm you the address, and it's good for us to know approximate numbers.

Yay for Androo and Alan:)

hm.. unless we decide to make it guest list only.. but as lnog as you pm us the ngiht before no worries:)

Cheers.
Its not too bad for me to get to Birmingham from Cambridge, there are direct trains, but I wouldn't know my plans for that week until about 2 weeks before.
Depends on level of work due in too. Trying to do Vector Calculus on the train Sunday afternoon for Monday morning wouldn't be the nicest of things :p
If I have little work I'll be there :)