• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 10-11 NBA thread ver. LIKE A BOSH

Is Lebron human? He barely sweats even though he plays 45 minutes a night. Does he get tired?

No. He is a cybernetic organism sent from the future designed to terminate the NBA by his utter dominance of the game. He is a LeTerminator, unit T-100.

Somebody please make a meme out of this.

Anyone think picking up Boozer might have been a really dumb move by The Bulls?

Seriously, guy does not fit on that team. He has nice stats in these playoffs, but does not match the defensive intensity expected of a Thibs team. I think they got caught up so much in all of the bullshit surrounding big name free agents that they just signed somebody for the fuck of it, forgetting the identity they were aiming for.

Well he seemed like a good idea. A good rebounder going into that year: he accounted for about 60% of Utah's defensive rebounds and 32% of their offensive rebounds. Plus he fit in well at Utah with Deron Williams, they figured he works well with an athletic point guard, plus with Noah's intensity he'd be bound to be motivated to play D like a mad-man. Too bad he got into foul trouble and had some bad calls that limited his aggressiveness and playing time in some key situations last series. Less than 10 rebounds a game in the playoffs though...idk what's up with him this year
Of course hindsight is 20/20, but he definitely seemed like he'd make significant contributions to the Bulls, and they did make it a lot farther, and had an impressive regular season, so he wasn't a total failure.

WOW what a comeback by dallas, Dirk just put them up by 3 with 25 seconds to go. The chalmers ties it with another 3. Incredible.

What a game! Dallas going home 1-1, we got us a series.

Great game. This is going to end up being the best finals since Magic/Bird. Dirk doing what a superstar needs to. He put the team on his back and and scored the last 9 of the game for Dallas. What's scary about Dirk right now is that he is playing average. Well, Average for him. I still have Dallas in 6, but this is going to be fun.

Great game. This is going to end up being the best finals since Magic/Bird.

easy there my man, magic and bird was a bonified rivalry that spanned more than just one other finals. but it was a great game. me man my brother were freaking out when dirk hit that 3, then chalmers made that wide open one and all the heat fans in the room were talking shit. then boom, dirk burns bosh for a layup. good stuff.

total break down by miami

Oh no Grimble, you got me wrong there. I'm not saying this rivalry is anything like Magic and Bird, I'm saying the quality of the series. This series is going to be the best since those days. Not the rivalry.

Eh, for me, for a rivalry to be great both sides need their shots and their wins. If Malone would have won even a single ring, it would have been a different story. It's like in college football, Texas A&M and Baylor consider UT their main Rival, but Texas doesn't think of those teams as a Rival at all. It consider OU a rival because OU beats them and can win. Same thing with Malone and Jordan. Jordan was too dominate. Magic was dominate, but Bird got his shots in and came away with Three rings.

The man cannot be stopped. He has a fucking aura around him.
dirk+nowitzki+May+5%252C+2011.jpg

Epic chokejob by the Heat, offense looked worse than the Bulls and Thunder in the last few minutes. Had a bunch of breakdowns defensively too. And why the fuck was Bosh on Dirk? lmao

253411910.jpg

Game one went just as I thought. Lebron being lebron and Dallas trying to keep up.
Fast forward to game 2 and BAM...we have a series. I am a massive Dallas fan(since the Rockets started sucking) so my dream has been kept alive. If Dallas takes game 3 this could be very interesting.

I love how the announcers were praising the heats 4th quarter prowess. Then Dallas goes on an insane run to finish the game.

I got a lot of love for shaq, he said some fucked up things about the laker orginization after he left, but deep down you know he feels like a laker when its all said and done. he wants to be entered into the hall as a laker and he wants to be in the rafters at staples

him and kobe were amazing together. if only they would have stayed. the best one two punch to play the game

I couldn't hate Shaq if he raped my mom, truth

I'm getting excited for the game tonight, we all know how big Game 3s are. I really want Dirk and Co to stomp on them. surely, Wade and LeBron are destined to get their 7 championship rings at some time... it would just be nice to see that process delayed a year :)

haha true that shaq is too fucking hilarious even when hes dissing you

this game is huge. dallas leaving this home stretch 3-2 headed back to miami i think would have plenty of their fans happy. but this game one is what it takes for that to happen. Im hoping the home court makes some of their shooters get more comfertable.. peja has been complete garbage and a liability when hes in the game for the mavs, but he was a real weapon against LA/OKC

maybe the home court will help him and terry.

totally disagree with miami and multiple ring thing though. the way I see it this team is a 2-ring max for potential. think about it, they are the best they will ever be imo with the way they are constructed. wade-bron-bosh are all in there primes and miami wont be getting any other players who are above anything other than a role player due to how much the big three suck out of the salary. meanwhile you have all these young teams (bulls/okc) who will continue to get better, or teams with maybe a bit more room to add pieces (NYK).

miami has a chance to be in it every season or every other season. but I dont see them winning more than 2. loosing this year would be crushing if they want to win multiple rings

totally disagree with miami and multiple ring thing though. the way I see it this team is a 2-ring max for potential. think about it, they are the best they will ever be imo with the way they are constructed... meanwhile you have all these young teams (bulls/okc) who will continue to get better, or teams with maybe a bit more room to add pieces (NYK).

you know I most certainly hope you are right on the Miami front, and only time will tell obviously. they might not win all those rings, but they do have the capacity to win them all - which is troubling

I'm a big fan of Chicago and OKC, but sometimes I get a little nervous rooting for them. I know what it's like rooting for a team with a fantastic lead scorer, only to see the number 2 and 3 scoring slots drop considerably. while OKC doesn't have as much as a problem with this as Chi, it's still a problem for them

I dislike the Knicks entirely, but they are posed and prime to go on a rampage if they can get one or two more players (and the scary thing is I see them getting them, and even Dwight Howard)

but this is all thinking ahead. all I want tonight is for DIRK TO STOMP THEM