• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 10-11 NBA thread ver. LIKE A BOSH

total points in the fourth quarter accumulated through the 4 games in this series so far.

lebron:9pts with 7reb
Dirk: 44pts with 14reb

Someone tell LeBron the Finals have started.

Seriously, why was this guy nicknamed "King James"? Oh yeah, Nike wanted the next Jordan so bad they hyped this kid to death. Mavs in 7 and Dirk holds up the MVP trophy. You read it here first!

Juwan Howard on Brian Cardinal is as good as it gets!

Yeah.. In six. And by me. =P inverted stick tongue out

you really think they can beat miami another 2 in a row. that would make 3 wins in a row against them. doesnt seem likely with dirk sick

game 4 is the most crucial game of the series at least for the mavs. they have to go into the last two games at miami with a one win cushion imo

I predicted Mavs in six when the series started. I have also predicted every win since the LA series correctly. If you look at posts on here, you see I said game 1,3 to Miami, 2,4,5,6 Dallas. Haven't been wrong yet. Don't fuck me now destiny.

Crimson, Have you not learned bottom talk trash before the game is over? Both of these teams can make huge comebacks. Every person keeps thinking that Dallas is simply getting lucky. Well, we shut Lebron down completely. We clamped down and played sick defense in the 4th. And we had clutch shooting. Thus wasn't miami shooting poorly. This was Dallas playing great defense.

I wasnt really trying to talk trash I root for atlanta so I dont really have a dog in the fight. As a spots fan I would love to see the series go 7 games props to Dallas for fighting back this is the most interesting final for me since the 76ers vs Lakers series years ago.

I thought last years finals was really cool. I loved watching Shrek and Donkey take over game 4. That was a highly interesting series to watch.
That being said, I'm actually really glad we're not seeing Kobe's face at the moment. Especially that stupid under-bite jaw clenching face he makes when he means "srs bzness." I'm kinda sick of him tbh. Yes he's undoubtedly a top 10 player of all time, but the West is so talented you almost forgot that fact seeing the Lakers in there every year.
But my prediction came true, I knew it!
Codones congratulations.
I think Dallas is playing like a team that really needs to win this Finals. The Heat are playing like they deserve to win the Finals.
Win one for the Kidd!

Juwan Howard on Brian Cardinal is as good as it gets!

lol. This.

"We're gonna shock the world!"

damn I hate the Heat, but I've always liked Dwayne Wade

his intensity level has been on all playoffs, but it reached a plateau last night! D-Wade was blocking shots left and right, ferociously attacking the basket, hard-fouling easy buckets, and slamming down a couple of jams. he might be the best shot-blocking guard in the business today

it's great hearing LBJ admit that he is playing second-fiddle to the Heat's franchise player, but seeing LBJ take a few steps back last night to Wade's dominance is even better!

isolating just D-Wade proves me my entire argument on how much more intense and fun the NBA is in the playoffs. Wade is good during the regular season, but the extra gear he kicks on during the playoffs is very noticeable

that being said, the Heat lost and I was ecstatic. this is proving to be a great series, especially defensively. as a fan of pro-basketball; I would love to see a Game 7 (and even better would be a Miami home-court loss)

how tired did Dirk look last night? he must have played the entire game with very little breaks on bench. plus, whenever Dirk is in the game, he has to take control on the offensive side of the game to keep Dallas in it

before the game last night slowed down (when the Heat basically had to give Dallas foul shots in the penalty); I thought Dirk to be out of the game entirely due to exhaustion. yet, he still digs in deep and finds a way to hit his patented-fade away jump shot - or even worst, when he would drive to the basket late in the game and essentially prepare to get a hard foul and make his baskets at the line

but Dirk showed that it always is a huge mistake when he is at the free-throw line. dude only missed about one shot on the line a game

it has been a true treat as an NBA fan seeing the above two players, Dirk and D-Wade, battle it out on the court

cryinglebron.jpg

fun fact: LeBron has scored approximately 9 points in the summation of all the 4th quarters in the NBA Finals

Meh...peeps taking up the Kobe debate against LL makes me

male29-male-theater-cinema-smiley-emoticon-000071-large.gif

Mostly because my weak efforts were just trolling for the joy of it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Missed game 4, but my impression thus far is that LBJ is very much Wade's bitch. So's Bosh, just further down the pecking order (I still don't get what was special about him being the third...and he is THIRD). Anyway, it is always Wades game - he sits back and lets LBJ do some stuff, or decides to turn it on and be the guy for a bit. It's good to have a strong supporting cast like LBJ, UD, and the rest....but it is, and will remain, Wade's team. As such, where I used to entertain Kobe <> LBJ, again more in a trolling and half hearted way; I firmly believe Wade > LBJ. I'm not ready to entertain either side of a Kobe <> Wade discussion, though.....however if pressed, I'd give Kobe more than a few ranks higher at this point in the NBA world.

Wade > LBJ

this is becoming much more apparent

I admitted to myself that when LBJ left the Cavaliers to play second-fiddle to D-Wade in Miami, that he was largely out of the LBJ = MJ debate

how gross would it all seem to us, to see Jordan call up some of his fiercely rivaled NBA opponents (Isiah Thomas or Karl Malone, let's say) and ask for a super-duper friendly team up?? so whack, that's why Miami sux butts

this is becoming much more apparent

I admitted to myself that when LBJ left the Cavaliers to play second-fiddle to D-Wade in Miami, that he was largely out of the LBJ = MJ debate

how gross would it all seem to us, to see Jordan call up some of his fiercely rivaled NBA opponents (Isiah Thomas or Karl Malone, let's say) and ask for a super-duper friendly team up?? so whack, that's why Miami sux butts

or how about jordan teaming up with one of those rivals, have his team win and him not get the finals mvp or league mvp or all star mvp all while he averaged only 17 points per game and scored a total of 9 combined fourth quarter points for the series and this guy on the other team named dirk has 44 fourth quarter points along with 7 more rebounds...

no doubt the stuff of legend...

Last edited:
Dirk was fighting a sinus infection with a pretty high fever. I've heard between 101 and 103. That's why he looked so dead. Still came through in the clutch.

Jason Terry has also come up with some big shots. Chicago really didn't have options outside of Rose; the Mavs definitely have that going for them.

I guess everyone forgot how not-so-great D Wade played against the Bulls while LBJ played lights out at both ends (picking up D Wade's slack)? I'm not pro-LBJ by any means but give me a break with all these ridiculous assertions about him and Kobe and MJ. I just dont understand why he is hated so much for trying to win something none of us have no chance whatsoever to even come close to winning. He is an excellent player at this point in his career but he does not have enough body of work completed to garner comparisons to any of the all-time greats yet.

A little perspective:

MJ's first NBA title age was 28, Kobe's 1st was when he was 22 but both experienced playoff failures (like LBJ) until they were in the right situation. And who can really blame LBJ for leaving Cleveland when no one else wanted to go there?

If he does win it this year.....then the debate can begin. Outside of that, we are just feeding on the media hype machine that is being made of him.

I think LeBron is the more effective player against certain teams, and Wade is the more effective player against other teams, and when Bosh gets going they're hard to beat.
I don't understand how LeBron was SO bad last night though....
Wade is reminding me of a bigger, stronger, Derrick Rose with his ability to cut through multiple defenders and drive to the rim or get fouled. His mellow personality and unwillingness to give up is also similar. His defense is much better.

They still have lots of years ahead of them to perfect their chemistry though.

Lol

219xycx.jpg

One of the most ridiculous flops I've seen and the fact that it was called a foul is hilarious. He has to be one of the most frustrating players at times. So much physical potential, so much skill, but makes sad plays like that and leaves so much on the table.

edit: LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihuOrQHSjWQ

I just have to rant a little bit sorry guys.
reasons why wade will never be considered better than what kobe was (aside from the hardware)

• number of career 50 point games - kobe bryant(25 times) MJ(25 times) wade(3 times)

• only two players not named wilt have ever scored 40 points in a game consecutively for 9 games in a row - kobe Bryant, MJ

• only two players in nba history have ever scored 50 points or more for FOUR consecutive games in a row - Kobe Bryant, Wilt (no not even MJ)

• only one player has ever outscored a team by himself through three quarters of play since the shot clock era - Kobe Bryant (no not even wilt or MJ)

• only 3 players in nba history have ever scored 60 or more points over 4 times - Kobe Bryant(5), MJ(5), wilt(32) (wade/lebron both have 0 games of this magnitude)

Dude, no one is arguing that Wade is better all time lol. He's just better right now.

he might be the best shot-blocking guard in the business today
\

I've said it before in the previous threads, Wade is the greatest shot blocking guard OF ALL TIME. Yes, even a bit better than MJ.
Wade is reminding me of a bigger, stronger, Derrick Rose with his ability to cut through multiple defenders and drive to the rim or get fouled.
Wade reminds me of young Jordan. :)

I just wanna know what people think of this blog.
http://community.foxsports.com/dust...TRUTH_ABOUT_WILT_CHAMBERLAIN_AND_IT_AINT_GOOD

I never follow this blogger, just reading the stats grimble posted I was wondering how Wilt was SO dominant. He says he saw Wilt play enough to have a solid opinion of him.
In these days where most sportscasters seem to say more or less same thing, it's sure easy to fall into groupthink and just take someone else's opinion as my own. I don't think I've ever heard anyone on ESPN dis Wilt the way this article does. Then again I never hear anyone really talk his game on a specific level, not just simply throwing up his stats and accolades and let that speak for itself.

I particularly think this is interesting
As for his scoring what a joke. He took balls off the rim, he intercepted fellow players shots, all for dunks. For you stat hounds compare this one.

Chamberlain 48 minutes 36 of 63 field goals, 28 of 32 free throws.(that season Chamberlain was allowed to leap from the free throw line and dunk free throws.The rule ws changed the following season and he quickly became one of the worst free throwers in history)

That's either true or not, being allowed to dunk free throws, you can't just make that up....wtf...lol

That's either true or not, being allowed to dunk free throws, you can't just make that up....wtf...lol

^^ that guy sounds a bit like a hater but the stuff he says is actually is true(with exception to some of the gruesome dirtyness i would think). took this from the NBA's official online encyclopedia with player bios. heres a quote from wilts page

"During his career, his dominance precipitated many rules changes. These rules changed included widening the lane, instituting offensive goaltending and revising rules governing inbounding the ball and shooting free throws (Chamberlain would leap with the ball from behind the foul line to deposit the ball in the basket).

its in the 7th pragraph of this link
http://www.nba.com/history/players/chamberlain_bio.html

its widely known that wilt had advantages no center before him had, the size of the players was smaller then, the number of players in the league was smaller, so you saw the same teams over and over again. the lane was MUCH thinner so wilt could sit under the basket for as long as he wanted waiting for the ball.

its also widely known that players on wilts team would practice missing free throws on purpose because wilt would just rebound and dunk them in.(this is also on nba's encyclopedia)

in his 100 point game people who witnessed it said near the end players on wilts team were fouling the other team so wilt could get more posessions despite the game not being close. (this is also on nba's encyclopedia)

this is why MJ is considered best all time and not wilt

Last edited: