Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The OFFICAL Anime Appreciation Megathread! vers Moshi Moshi

fanservice is kind of a misnomer, because it's not much of a service to force unengaging characters into awkward erotic situations. that said, tongue-in-cheek plots can get away with a shitload of fanservice and be alright

Fanservice.... sounds really good to me at a glance.

But I'm not huge into anime, so the mention of hentai had me look up what fanservice in anime typically entails-- which is that borderline hentai, sexually overcharged kind of stuff that, fair enough, I'm sure there's a huge demographic of anime fans that love that shit.

I'm not big into erotic cartoons, though, lol. Fanservice in an anime for me, would be to give me incredibly long, intricate arcs and... well.... a touch of fantasy.

It may be mainstream anime, I don't know or really care.... but the kinds of anime I'd be into would resemble One Piece, Dragonball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, Bleach, and mayyyyyyybe, just MAYBE Fairy Tale (I still haven't gotten through that one but I tend to have enjoyed what I've seen thus far.)

I like getting caught up in hundreds upon hundreds of episodes full of good storylines and plenty of superhuman-kind of action.

I tried getting into stuff like Katekyo Hitman Reborn! but..... it just didn't hold my interest after a couple dozen episodes.

I don't mind love interests and a little bit of romance, I guess, but those are two things I really don't watch anime for. If I want to see something like that I'd probably go with a live-action movie or television.

Favorite animes on drugs?

I don't watch anime very much but recently i tried watching high school of the dead again but this time stoned and it was fucking awesome! It was too scary when i was really really really high, but unless I'm on mars i love it lol. can you guys give me a list of your favorite animes to watch while high and a summary of them? Also include how scary it is(if it's scary while high) so i don't watch something horrifying and get traumatized. I'm on adderall and a little stoned so sorry if there's run on sentenses and parts of it don't make sense. Thanks :)

its probably pretty subjective, i kind of think you could watch any anime and it would be awesome on dxm.

u probably saw the south park episode where everyone at the school gets hooked on a tv show where its just dogs or something because everyone is drinking dxm.

i think serial experiments lain could be good because i always found sci-fi, somewhat abstract plots to be a fertile ground for imagination and interpretation to come into play, which is what i have fun with on dxm.

I never liked watching TV on DXM. But a good rule of thumb with drugs is to do/watch whatever you would normally do/watch if you were sober, and with drugs it'll just be better.

But a good rule of thumb with drugs is to do/watch whatever you would normally do/watch if you were sober, and with drugs it'll just be better.

that usually seems true but sometimes breaking the mould can also be a cool experience.

I'm not experienced with DXM but could probably make some good recommendations if I knew what sort of experience is desired..

List your obscure anime gems

I'm trying to add to my list of rare, obscure and underrated anime.
I'm looking for random stuff that probably only you know about
Let me list some

Mermaid Forest
Seraphim Call
Popotan
Please Teacher
Wandaba Style
Papillon Rose
Sola
Doki Doki School Hours
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran
NieA Under 7
Bartender
W: Wish
Sentimental Journey
Steel Angel Kurumi 2
Rec
Red Data Girl
Sentimental Journey
Boogiepop Phantom
Ginban Kaleidoscope
Kurau Phantom Memories
Area 88
I My Me Strawberry Eggs
Nightwalker
Figure 17
Silent Mobius
Najica Blitz Tactics
Shadow Star narutaru
Mokke
Miami Guns
Ramen Fighter Miki
Piano
Kokoro Library
Wind: A Breath of Heart
Telepathy Shoujo Ran
Wanpaku Oomukashi Kum Kum
And many others...

Share your obscure anime favorites... whether they be good, bad or mediocre.

kemonozume

nobody ever seems to bring it up, i liked it and it had a really unique art style.

Any anime fans on here? Suggestions welcome, currently watching some old studio deen stuff. Just finished Kyou kara maou and now watching Groove Adventure Rave

I'm watching Robotech right now, a bit fantastical but isn't it all? I recommend it, it's on Netflix at the moment.

My absolute favorite anime of all time is Inital D, hands down. Only 90s car geeks would like it though.

One Punch Man and One Piece.

giphy.gif

I've been looking forward to season 2 of One Punch Man for what feels like forever now. Love that shit.

And One Piece is just fun as hell to watch when I'm super stoned, but it always ends with me wanting to play Assassin's Creed: Black Flag.

I never got into the more obscure stuff... I think the only anime I've watched without an English-translated title was Yu Yu Hakusho, but DUDE that was a pretty dope show too.

Season 2 of one punch can't come quickly enough! One piece is taking too long to release I'm maybe 20 episodes behind but i like to watch 50 eps of something in a row to really get into it. Never even heard of redline or robotech but there's no such thing as a too fantastical anime! Netflix doesn't have too big a selection but most of the animes they have are usually well worth a watch. Season 2 of ajin was just released and seven deadly sins is out soon and both of them are solid!

I want to start watching a new anime, so I thought why not pick some ideas here?
So...what's your favourite anime and why?
Mine would be ATLA, great character development, awesome writing, amazing action, various life lessons and motivation to be active in your life. If it doesn't count as an anime just cause it's american production I would say YUGIOH season0.