• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc The Next Big Drug....What is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

discoburger88

Greenlighter
What does the future hold, Bluelighters?

Where are the LSDs of the 2000s, where are the fucking Ludes, man?

I feel like the 2000s has been largely the era of the Opiate...well and MDMA, I guess, but neither of which are new. Oxy and Suboxone are both fairly new drugs, but America has had its heroin problems before, and these are pretty much the same.

What's next though? Does anyone know of any new drugs that are going to actually be good? Not Methadrone, the 2-Cs, 35i-NBOMe, not stuff like that, but actual good drugs? Will the next 20 years all be about natural alternatives like Kratom? I don't know, but I am curious what you gals/guys think.

^ for the first time in history those that are not rich had been given relief for their pain. China ships fent to the US....take away medicine from those in pain. This shit is going to get more and more insane until the streets are filled with soccermoms trying to score heroin for their herniated disc

^ for the first time in history those that are not rich had been given relief for their pain. China ships fent to the US....take away medicine from those in pain. This shit is going to get more and more insane until the streets are filled with soccermoms trying to score heroin for their herniated disc

Yup, things are pretty crazy now. :/ A friend of mine who used heroin and other opiates since the early 90s, as well as lots of other drugs had enough with the dope game and the dangerous bags of laced fent, and finally got sober again, and I hope they stay this way for the rest of their life.

I would speculate that drugs in the future will be more research chemicals that get copied changed, and sold to the public.

My guess would be that we are entering the era of the research chemical (assuming the first world doesn't see the sort of blanket bans the UK imposed.)
Imo, our generation has it's own 'Ludes; pregabalin, for one. Gabapentin to a much lesser extent. While they don't have the same cultural connotations, they're both intoxicating and readily available without undue effort.
I think we are going to also be entering an era of difficult to abuse pharmaceuticals (not even close to 'impossible', just 'difficult'), tbqh... through either specific mechanisms or prescription restrictions. Good luck obtaining a benzodiazepine prescription beyond lorazepam in most parts of Canada, for example. This, I believe, is going to contribute to the further popularity of RCs (hopefully never mainstream popularity??)

My guess is that the highs one obtains from the prescription drugs of the future will be milder/more subtle than those of the past (again, say, pregabalin v. barbiturates), but that abuse is something that is (and will stay) inexorably connected to psychoactive drugs for many years to come.

Research chems and heroin. I live around Chicago, and Heroin has always been somewhat of a problem but its much worse now. RC's. I know people who sell U4470 as heroin. Research chems are getting more popular and so are Dark net merchants. Why cop off some shady guy if you can order it to your house.

New drugs will be old drugs in new schisms. Medicinal LSD etc. And when yer doctor is dosing you nobody will do that shit. Imagine a world with no 20-30-40 somethings doing cuddle puddles in their teens and whatnot.

Obviously people will carry on and eat dope food and get drunk.

Just my two cents.

What I do think is more likely is people exploring jungles and oceans and finding more drugs.

But not to troll, lets say everything we learn from drugs seems to be us in the future sending clues to the past, uummm I dunno star wars?

Well I typed out my opinion twice and lost it both times due to server overload. Anyways, this thread doesn't really belong in OD since it doesn't serve an HR purpose

IMO, it's the time of the botanical/alternative medicine. Cannabis and kratom

I think the best example as to why that is not the case is john frusicante. He had all the money to support any tolerance but he still needed teeth and bones replaced etc eventually. Seems that the drug in optimal settings still overuns the body.

Id like to think that society develops into a place where a warm blanket isnt needed.

Newer styles of parenting or antidepressants or disability percentages could always be created.

Opiate epidemic,people don't even want to try psychedelics when they are brain dead and it's so easy to get, sad situation. I still do psychedelics but am a warrior of the space tribe. Been doing thumb prints since 90 smoke dmt once a month and always have boomers on hand. I am a junkie as well. Sucks but heroin is coming hard.

I logged out, then checked over what you said..and it changed!!! lol, guess I do need some heroin.

Opiate epidemic,people don't even want to try psychedelics when they are brain dead and it's so easy to get, sad situation. I still do psychedelics but am a warrior of the space tribe. Been doing thumb prints since 90 smoke dmt once a month and always have boomers on hand. I am a junkie as well. Sucks but heroin is coming hard.

I had two friends OD. How do you manage to avoid it???

Heroin. It sounds cliché since everybody's been saying it for at least 12 years but I live in a town where I used to have to drive hour to find anything and it was not plentiful by any means. About two years ago pills became impossible to obtain and two years later it's easier to get dope than it ever was to get pills. Then again it could be meth. Or NboMe...
Or acetylfentanyl.... Yeah! Hella cut china white acetyl fentanyl=future...

Status
Not open for further replies.