• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The NEW reformulated round Opana ER Mega Thread v.1 really? again??

Hey everyone this is my first post, but I have been messing with the new Intac Opanas and think I have found a good strategy for breaking them, if you have patience. Note that this method is to produce something snortable, not for injection (which is a stupid idea with these anyway).

First I wanted to go into some information about them. After some heavy research and some personal testing I have come to the conclusion that these pills are almost exclusively made out of a high molecular weight Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) (also known as Polyethylene Oxide (PEO)).

As such, these pills are 100% soluble in water. I found mixed information about PEG water solubility but it seems to be fairly accurate that you can dissolve about 50mg of PEG in 1ml of water. The pills (in this case Opana 20mg ER) weigh about 230mg, so you will need just over 4.5ml of water in order to completely dissolve them. The less water you can use the better because I am currently stuck on a problem (which I will cover later). PEG is actually nice for this method because although it is completely soluble in water, it become completely INSOLUBLE when water reaches about 98 Celcius. This temperature is known as the cloud point and is critical for this method.

You will need the following:

1 * 20mg Opana (can use whatever you have)
4 - 5 ml of water
100 - 200mg Kosher Salt (pure NaCl, no Iodine) (This may be something different in the future after further research)
A container to dissolve pill in (used pill bottle seemed to work great.)
An electric heating pad --Optional (aids in dissolving the pill, matching body temperature helps tremendously because the optimal temps for dissolving PEG are between 25C and 50C)
A microwave.

First, put the pill and the water in your container. Use warm water so it doesn't waste time coming to temperature. After 12-24 hours (or whenever the pill is dissolved, not just a blob of gel, but fully dissolved into the water) stir very well and add about 100mg of the salt. Heat in microwave until it starts boiling (10-20 seconds). When you remove the container from the microwave you should see a lot of gel suspended in the fluid, and the fluid should be close to the viscosity of water and clear, if it isn't continue microwaving in 5 second increments until it is.

Dump mixture through a strainer (just a fine mesh screen) into a flat glass baking dish and spread out until a very thin. You can now let it evaporate, or put it in the oven at 250 degrees until it is dry, or use a hair dryer until dry.

Use a razor blade to scrape the thin film off the dish, it will still hold together but it will not be extremely gummy (sort of a paper consistency). You should be able to chop it into a powder.

Note: when you snort this it is going to burn like hell. This is because of the salt, it is needed to raise the boiling point of water past 100 celcius to completely take the PEG out of solution. Unfortunately were I live water boils at 199 degrees Farenheit instead of 212, so this was a necessary step. I thought about using baking soda, but after 50C it become Sodium Carbonate which is a very basic compound and I am unsure of the effects on the sinuses.

Further notes : I am going to try this without salt in a pressure cooker soon, and maybe adding salt won't be required. This would be optimal, but you will always ALWAYS have a small amount of PEG left in the final product, unless you can afford some extremely expensive lab equipment, or have a revolutionary way of destroying PEG. (Oxydation seems to be an option, but the by products may be harmful to humans).

If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them, but I hope this helps you start exploring on your own on how to defeat this. It works, as is, pretty well, and I think this is the first step to developing a full on crack in this Intac technology.

Good luck.

--depressed

Breaking extended release may not be worth it IMO.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any idea as to how BA is affected when Opana ER is chewed, completely to the point of a globular mess without any discernable firmness of its original form?

I chewed my 20 mg ER Opanas and after 30 minutes there is a definite euphoric rush as oposed to swallowing whole.

I know the TimeRX allows a whole tablet to dissolve slowly. But once chewed, it is defeated and the increase surface area of the pill and the uniform gelatinous state of the pill will allow the oxymorphone to escape the TimeRX binder much faster. I believe chewing a tablet completely has to raise the bioavailability of the ER tablets from 10 percent to about 20-30 percent. This is just based on the effects of my personal experience of chewing or swallowing whole.

How about if one were to dissolve a tablet completely? How would a liquified Opana ER tablet be affect in its absorption and BA rate?

Last edited:
Got my hands on 3 of the 20's. Currently on a 30MG methadone a day regiment (giving up heroin). Couldn't make my dose. Was pretty Ill. Had been 36 hours since my last dose. I chewed 2 of the 20's and can say I'm not way sick, but not impressed with these either.

You don´t think 30 MG of methadone is helping you? Maybe you need to build up your ways to a dose where you´ll fell comfortable.
Welcome to BL!!

Idk if we are all talking bout the same opanas. But I get scripted the new round generic 20mg (imprint G73) and these are snortable! Cant be shot with just adding water. Maybe there is another way of prepping for shot but im content with snorting them bcuz I get same results as snorting the original stop sign opanas. U get a lil bit of a clumpy drip but its like the old snortable stop sign opana. So anyone scripted opana should def be asking their Dr for the Generics. They are made by Global pharm. And all u have to say is that generics are cheaper on ur insurance plan. Simple as that. Idk why anyone would want the Bullshit reformulated opana when u could get these. ( even if u take them as prescribed ) They are available in 10,20,30 & 40s. So whoever doesn't know must be living under a rock!

I been reading the posts on this thread & just do not understand why NONE OF YOU ARE GETTING THE NEW GENERIC OXYMORPHONE ER!!!! ANYONE WHO GETS EM SCRIPTED JUST HAS TO TELL THEIR DOC THAT GENERICS ARE CHEAPER ON UR INSURANCE PLAN. 2NDLY TELL UR PHARM TO ORDER U THE GENERICS FROM GLOBAL PHARMACEUTICALS. IF THEY WONTFIND A PHARMACY THAT WILL!!!!! AND THATS IT. U NO LONGER HAVE TO ENDURE THOSE BULLSHIT REFORMULATED OPANA FROM ENDO!!!!! I JUST CANT BELIEVE THERE ARE PPL WHO STILL DONT KNOW BOUT THESE!!!!! I THINK THE MODERATOR NEEDS TO TAKE MY POSTS AND PUT EM INTO AN OPANA MEGATHREAD OR PUT THEM @ THE TOP OF ALL OPANA THREADS OR WHATEVER. IDK HOW THAT WORKS. BUT PPL SHOULDNT HAVE TO ENDURE THE NEW NAME BRAND REFORMULATED OPANA ANY LONGER!!!!! THESE ARE THE GENERICS AND CAN BE SNORTED & CHEWED WITHOUT ANY MICROWAVING OR BOILING OR OTHER CRAZY NONSENSE.....THEY CANT BE SHOT BY JUST ADDING WATER BCUZ THEY WILL GEL UP. I DO KNOW THAT. BUT CAN. YES CAN BE CHEWED OR SNORTED.. ALTHOUGH I PERSONALLY WOULDNT CHEW THEM BCUZ THE BIOAVAILABILITY IS MUCH TOO LOW!!!!! SNORTING PROVIDES A MUCH MUCH HIGHER BA..... AS FAR AS SHOOTING THERE MAY BE SOMETYPE OF WAY TO PREP THEM FOR THIS BUT I DO NOT SHOOT THEM SO I DO NOT KNOW. SNORTING THEM WORKS FINE FOR ME & I HAVE A HIGH TOLERANCE!!!! IM ACTUALLY HAVING MY DOC BUMP ME TO THE 30MG NEXT VISIT. HE HAS ALALREADY TOLD ME HE WILL. BUT BOTTOM LINE ANYONE SCRIPTED OPANA ER NEEDS TO HAVE THEIR DOC SWITCH THEM TO THE GENERIC OPANA ER or OXYMORPHONE ER MADE BY GLOBAL PHARMACEUTICALS...... ENJOY PPL!!!!!

I been reading the posts on this thread & just do not understand why NONE OF YOU ARE GETTING THE NEW GENERIC OXYMORPHONE ER!!!! ANYONE WHO GETS EM SCRIPTED JUST HAS TO TELL THEIR DOC THAT GENERICS ARE CHEAPER ON UR INSURANCE PLAN. 2NDLY TELL UR PHARM TO ORDER U THE GENERICS FROM GLOBAL PHARMACEUTICALS. IF THEY WONTFIND A PHARMACY THAT WILL!!!!! AND THATS IT. U NO LONGER HAVE TO ENDURE THOSE BULLSHIT REFORMULATED OPANA FROM ENDO!!!!! I JUST CANT BELIEVE THERE ARE PPL WHO STILL DONT KNOW BOUT THESE!!!!! I THINK THE MODERATOR NEEDS TO TAKE MY POSTS AND PUT EM INTO AN OPANA MEGATHREAD OR PUT THEM @ THE TOP OF ALL OPANA THREADS OR WHATEVER. IDK HOW THAT WORKS. BUT PPL SHOULDNT HAVE TO ENDURE THE NEW NAME BRAND REFORMULATED OPANA ANY LONGER!!!!! THESE ARE THE GENERICS AND CAN BE SNORTED & CHEWED WITHOUT ANY MICROWAVING OR BOILING OR OTHER CRAZY NONSENSE.....THEY CANT BE SHOT BY JUST ADDING WATER BCUZ THEY WILL GEL UP. I DO KNOW THAT. BUT CAN. YES CAN BE CHEWED OR SNORTED.. ALTHOUGH I PERSONALLY WOULDNT CHEW THEM BCUZ THE BIOAVAILABILITY IS MUCH TOO LOW!!!!! SNORTING PROVIDES A MUCH MUCH HIGHER BA..... AS FAR AS SHOOTING THERE MAY BE SOMETYPE OF WAY TO PREP THEM FOR THIS BUT I DO NOT SHOOT THEM SO I DO NOT KNOW. SNORTING THEM WORKS FINE FOR ME & I HAVE A HIGH TOLERANCE!!!! IM ACTUALLY HAVING MY DOC BUMP ME TO THE 30MG NEXT VISIT. HE HAS ALALREADY TOLD ME HE WILL. BUT BOTTOM LINE ANYONE SCRIPTED OPANA ER NEEDS TO HAVE THEIR DOC SWITCH THEM TO THE GENERIC OPANA ER or OXYMORPHONE ER MADE BY GLOBAL PHARMACEUTICALS...... ENJOY PPL!!!!!

No need to yell.

I actually get the Actavis generic (the half moons), which I hear are the better of the two, though I've never personally tried the Global's so I can't say for sure. They are both far better than the new formulation from Endo. Having said that, for me at least daily use of snorting these for a few days leads to coughing, wheezing, and somewhat difficult breathing when I lay down at night - so I know they are doing some very bad things to my lungs. Usually things clear up though after 3 or so days off of them. If I was actually able to stretch them through the whole month, I think my lungs would be destroyed by now. Be safe people.

i miss the white 10's. To me, those were far better than the pinks. And as far as the er/tr, it's like baking a cake...the wrong method can ruin the whole thing.

I prefer to take my rx the right way, it just seems more effective to orally administer the 40's. Don't get me wrong, a 10 nasally gives you that added boost, but the 40's seem to give a migraine when trying that route. Opana, by far, has been the best drug for me but like any other, you can become immune to the effects after so long. That's why i alternate between opanas and oxycodone every few months. A nice break from the morphine.
attn: All opana users. Im new to bl and im scripted opana er & ive been reading the opana threads that i found and just do not understand how nobody on here knows about the new generic opana er made by global pharmaceuticals!!!!! They have been out for over 2 years!!!!! Smdh..... But since nobody seems to know i will tell yall everything i know..... I know they come in @ least 10mg, 20mg, 30mg, & 40mg..... Im not sure if they come in 5mg. And im not sure about the ir 10mg but it is definitely available in 10,20,30 & 40mg er.....these generics are made by global pharmaceuticals...... And as for ppl that are scripted these, all u need to say to ur doc is that ur insurance plan had some changes for the new year & that generics are much cheaper & you found out there are generics available now!!! Then go to ur pharmacy & tell them u want them to order the generics from global pharmaceuticals... And if ur pharmacy wont order them for any reason, find another pharmacy that will..... I know where im located near philly, rite aid will not order the generics. .... They only carry the brand name.... So i just went to my local mom & pop pharmacy & had them order them for me with no problems @ all!!!!! And now they stock them for me & carry them for everyone in all dosages. ....the crazy thing is i have been getting these for over 2 years & was shocked that nobody on here knows about them!!!!! And if i haven't said it yet in this thread, these generics are like the old stop sign formula and can be snorted by simply crushing or grinding with hose clamp or ped egg etc., they can also be chewed without plastic nonsense just like old stop sign formula ifvthats ur preferred roa..... The only problem with these is for those who wish to shoot them as they do gel up when added to water... But i believe the old stop sign formula was the same way. I believe this formula is the same bcuz the old stop sign formula had timerx that gave u a clumpy drip bust still worked fine. These generics are exactly the same... U still get a lil clumpy type drip but it works perfectly fine.... Now i do believe there is a way to prep them for shooting but idk the method exactly bcuz im perfectly content snorting them as it works perfectly!!!!! My guess is these can be prepped to shoot the same way as the old stop sign formula but im not 100% on that. .. But i am 100% certain that they can be chewed & snorted just like the old stop sign formula bcuz i have been getting these for the last 2 years!!! And again they are made by global pharmaceuticals and are available in 10,20,30 & 40mg and they are er. (extended release) formula. .... Idk if this formula made by global is available in other strengths than i have listed and not sure if it is available in the immediate release type either..... But anyone who takes opana ir can just call global themselves and find out... Hopefully they do.... But if they dont i would just switch 10mg er... Bcuz u know u can still chew or snort them & break the time release anyway.... But i hope everyone on here who takes opana & doesn't like the reformulation, reads this & makes the switch to these generics. ... Trust me, u will not be sorry!!!!! Hopefully a moderator sees this & reacts accordingly... Making this avaiavailable to all where it can help as many as possible..... And i hope everyone switches & enjoys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe hlobal will take care of me bciz their stock is about to rise..........

Generic Opana Er by Global Pharm...

Check my other posts but there is & has been a New Generic Opana ER made by Global Pharmaceuticals that is the same as the Old Stop Sign Formula Opana ER. This is def available in 10,20,30 & 40mg of the ER version. Im not sure about other strengths or the IR version but anyone who takes those should call Global themselves & find out! I Hope this helps Everyone. Which im sure it will! Just ask ur pharm to make sure they order it from Global. And if they wont bcuz some pharms only choose to carry Brand of certain drugs, just call around until u find a pharmacy that will. In My case Rite Aid would not order it here in Philly but I just went to My local Mom & Pop pharmacy & they had no problem ordering it for Me! And I have been getting it ever since. (Over 2 years) But anyway ENJOY EVERYONE........

^ so your saying there are generics out for opana! Thanks for letting us know 6 times over and over... Global are ok but the activis or whatever are the better of the bunch

Ryno, idk what u mean in regards to Actavis. As far as I know Global is the ONLY company that has a Generic for Opana right now! Maybe im wrong. Idk. But im almost positive im right... anyway yes I probably did post it 6 times. But after lookin @ like 200 posts & all of them were talkin bout the new Reformulated Opana from Endo, I pretty much realized that nobody on this site knew bout the Global Generics. So I was eager to let ppl knpw bcuz thats the kinda Dude I am! I wanna help ppl out bcuz I know how it is!!! Sp I dont have a problem sharing the info or Sharing the wealth so to speak. So Ryno if u get em scripted make sure u tell ur Doc that u need him or her to erite the script for Oxymorphone ER . That is the Generic way to write it. With the Dosage in front obviously. And tell them u just found out & Generics are alot cheaper with ur insurance to assure they write it that way. And Enjoy Homie... and spread the word to ur ppl!!!

I'm new to this, sorry if I'm wasting all your time....
So I have beaten terminal cancer twice, have 3 prosthetic ribs on each side and am missing half my left lung. So my medicine just got switched to taking 30 mg oxymorophone er twice a day. Am I better off getting the actavis or global brand? I have no experience with Opana, only old OC Oxycontin and IR30 oxycodone. I take 80% of my medicine as perscribed, but will occasionally blow one down when my chest hurts uncontrollably. Is there a coating on these that you have to lick off like the old OCs? Or do you just crush them like the ir30s?

I have till Monday to fig out which ones to get when I receive my script

Thanks for your help
Tommy

I never seen the Actavis Brand. But the Global remind Me of OC bcuz I get a similar feeling from them. And they do have a coating which can be removed but I personally just grind them with a hose clamp coating & all. The coating is very thin.The round ones with a coating are made by Endo correct?

Ya, endo global same shIt. I'm fine with getting the old hose clamp outta storage lol, just wanna get which ever brand is bether and thought yall would know.
Thx for the response

Ryno, idk what u mean in regards to Actavis. As far as I know Global is the ONLY company that has a Generic for Opana right now! Maybe im wrong. Idk. But im almost positive im right... anyway yes I probably did post it 6 times. But after lookin @ like 200 posts & all of them were talkin bout the new Reformulated Opana from Endo, I pretty much realized that nobody on this site knew bout the Global Generics. So I was eager to let ppl knpw bcuz thats the kinda Dude I am! I wanna help ppl out bcuz I know how it is!!! Sp I dont have a problem sharing the info or Sharing the wealth so to speak. So Ryno if u get em scripted make sure u tell ur Doc that u need him or her to erite the script for Oxymorphone ER . That is the Generic way to write it. With the Dosage in front obviously. And tell them u just found out & Generics are alot cheaper with ur insurance to assure they write it that way. And Enjoy Homie... and spread the word to ur ppl!!!

Yeah, you're wrong. Both Global and Actavis are now making generic Opana (Oxymorphone) ER's, which are both similar to the old stop signs. Initially I believe Actavis was only making the 7.5 and 15mg varieties, but now they make all strengths I believe - I've had their 7.5, 15, 20, and 40mg at various times over the past year.

Here is a pic of the Actavis 15mg Oxymorphone ER:
oxymorphone-hydrochloride-extended-release.jpg

I've only had the Actavis...never tried the Global's, but I have heard from others that they prefer the Actavis if given the choice. Both are a better choice than the brand name Endos, obviously.

I just use a cheap pill crusher that you can get from any drug store. With the Actavis at least there is no need to take the coating off. Just throw them in there and they crush pretty easily. As I mentioned previously though, they do reek havoc on my lungs after a few days of insufflation, so take it easy (which is pretty much impossible to do with Opana, I've found).

Last edited:
Me & my gf split several G74's.......the high is very string, but once you get use to it, its awesome.

Snorting is the only way to go with these but since I read about all the horrible things that can happen to the lungs & by the 2nd day of snorting, my nose was stuffed up & I couldn't breathe like I had a terrible cold, screw that shit!

The terrible lung problem that could arise from abusing these plus the stuffed up nose & I can't sleep cause of it & the great high & great pain relief doesn't outweigh the problems its can cause..........no thanks, will never do Opana again!

lung problems with oxymorophone

Like I said in my first post, I have 2 sets of three prosthetic ribs on each side of my chest + am missing half of my left lung. I have been on opiates for about a decade. This week will b My first prescription of oxymorophone instead of some form of oxycodone. What is the deal with lung problems with oxymorophone? I never heard of any lung problems with OC or immediate release oxycodone.....

Thanks
Tommy

I wasnt wrong about anything. Ive tried both when the Actavis was only in 7.5, 15 & 30 and hands down, nite & day Global is way Better! So get ur facts straight Jr. And Global & Endo are diff companies.Anyway the Actavis is chalky & will clump in ur nosr much worse than the Global. Global is more powdery & reminds me of an oc as to how it crushes up.. Both will give u same effect tho and Both are 10 times better than the Reformulated Bullshit! So choose 1 & enjoy... Nobody should be dealing with those horrible Endo Brand...