⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

^ I've been looking forward to that one too..."Black Mirror" is a great show

I watched "The Sinner", that was the last one I watched. It was meh. Had its moments but wasn't great. Before that was "Maniac", which I enjoyed immensely.

Anyone who has checked out Bandersnatch I want to hear what you think. I won't have time until after the weekend. And yeah Maniac was awesomely original.

^^ Saw parts of the Black Mirror series ( Fond of C. Brookers work; if I get his New Years swipe critique ill post it on here - he's hilarious and so, so relatable ;)), always puts me in mind of the oldl Twilight Zone series - apparently,Jordan Peele is rehashing it - loved Atlanta, so rekon he is going to re-invent some good stuff - woop! ;)

The entire old TZ is on the Daily Motion for anyone interested. The great social commentary of the day and the processing of things that were to come were scarily accurate. Goes to show the perceptive smarts and necessity for the Arts, as a medium.

Last edited:
^ I remember loving Twilight Zone episodes when I was a munchkin. haha It's worth watching again.

Speaking of Jordan Peele, have you seen the trailer for his new film coming out in March called "Us"? It looks awesome.

Haven't gotten around to the Black Mirror movie as planned, but I'll report back.

If anyone else has seen it, let us know what you think! I didn't realize it's interactive, you have to choose the ending or something like that.

^Oh totally. No I did not see that, will check out.;)

Thanks for the Bird Box recommend, my buddy liked Under The Dome and (I think is partial to Ms. Bullock) so this will be a good 'un, to watch when Im doing my visiting rounds! :D

I didn't really like Bandersnatch much, but there's some really polarised views on it, and lots of alternative scenarios and endings that didn't come up on the choices I made during viewing.

Bird Box was good though, Sandra Bullock was very impressive.

^ and Sandra was hot, even preggers.

I appreciate Bandersnatch because it's something new and creative, to let us choose as we go along.
I think I went through all the different endings. It gets repetitive, but it's interesting. I won't give anything away.

I will say that of course I chose Thompson Twins "Hold Me Now", that's my song. :)

Yeah she's still got it ;)

I may do bandersnatch again at some point, see if I can get some of the other outcomes.

Yeah, I watched it with my granny. She was like "Can we watch something that's not crazy now?" Haha

I will say that of course I chose Thompson Twins "Hold Me Now", that's my song. :)

Heh, no contest really was it? Which album did you choose later on? (I went for Tangerine Dream)

I loved the whole thing myself. I've got to watch it again and make some different choices.

I thought the acid trip was brilliant, especially the main character - he really looked like he was tripping.

Heh, no contest really was it? Which album did you choose later on? (I went for Tangerine Dream)

I loved the whole thing myself. I've got to watch it again and make some different choices.

I thought the acid trip was brilliant, especially the main character - he really looked like he was tripping.

I chose the blue album, but the name slips my mind.

I honestly have never heard of either of those, but the blue one looked cool. haha
Do you remember the name?

Colin was right about some of those government conspiracies during that acid trip, but if you think about it too much, you'll lose it. Best not to dwell on that stuff.

I chose the blue album, but the name slips my mind.

I honestly have never heard of either of those, but the blue one looked cool. haha
Do you remember the name?

Colin was right about some of those government conspiracies during that acid trip, but if you think about it too much, you'll lose it. Best not to dwell on that stuff.

Yeh, that was Phaedra by Tangerine Dream. I'm not familiar with the other one tbh, but I'm gonna check it out then choose that one next time around...

For anyone interested, here's a couple efforts that have been made at building a full map of all the Bandersnatch options you can take, and all the ones you missed.

The version of the episode I saw lasted just under an hour. Apparently the average viewer's episode lasts 90 mins, and I read there are over 300+ mins of footage in total that can be seen.

Enjoy!

d0bpn1v1g6721.png

Bandersnatch_Map_2.png

Currently watching 'The Haunting of Hill House' on Netflix. Starring Michiel Huisman. I've seen him in Game of Thrones and love him.

I'm completely enthralled so far. This show looks like a video game.

I really like it so far. My favorite sibling would be Luke and I think a lot of us can relate to him.

I really like it so far. My favorite sibling would be Luke and I think a lot of us can relate to him.

Absolutely. Luke is a good guy. The other siblings look down on him (except his twin), but I think he's more genuine with a bigger heart, in spite of his struggles.

Tomorrow, I'm going to get Netflix on my phone so I can finish the series. 4 more episodes left.

I watched Chasing Amy last night. I really enjoyed it. Not usually a big Kevin Smith fan but it was well done. I was really caught off guard by the ending. It turned the Romantic Comedy formula on its head for sure.

Spoiler.
I really enjoy how by the end the audience can't help but despise Ben Afflecks character. I wanted to scream at the TV during the scene outside the hockey game. The cinematography was really good during that scene as well. I like Dogma but I think this was the best Kevin Smith movie I've seen

Absolutely. Luke is a good guy. The other siblings look down on him (except his twin), but I think he's more genuine with a bigger heart, in spite of his struggles.

Tomorrow, I'm going to get Netflix on my phone so I can finish the series. 4 more episodes left.

I hated it when Shirley handed Luke cash to leave because she thought his presence would ruin Nell's wedding. That was fucked because he really did want to be there for her and they let her think he didn't show up.

I only have one episode to go and will probably watch it over the weekend.

Hell or High Water

Now that's a good movie.
More of a mans movie, but there is nothing wrong w that.