• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the NBA playoffs

Goooooooooo Magic!!!!! Great series cleveland, you"ve brought the very best out of my beloved hometown team.....

im going to the finals for one of the games at the staples center!!! =D

lakers in 7

lakers definetily need production from odom. Its a good sign the last two games hes really started to play the way hes capable with 20 points and 14 rebounds. I think that back injury affected him a little more then he let on.

also bynum really needs to stay out of foul trouble so he can be a presence on defence, and help with howard and rebounds.

the magic cant play kobe the way they defended lebron because kobe has a team around him that will score if hes doubled.

but I think the Lakers can play a fast paced ball and lose them in the transition much like they started doing to Houston till Yao got hurt.

Without getting any of you lakers fans all riled up and hating on me, I dont think that this series will be so cut and dry..... Does anyone else feel that Lebron James showed unsportsmanlike conduct when he walked off the court saturday night, didnt shake any of the magics hands, say congratualtions, or even attend the post game press conference? The guys on Pardon The Interuption were just debating it, was wondering how everyone felt about it.....

^ not the most classy move for LeBron James, but hey, at least he didn't rape anybody.

he was probably raging, his Cavs were easily the favorite and they got up-ended by what was a vastly inferior opponent (according to the experts before the series). he just wants to win a title so hard. also, I think it's hilarious coming from a Magic/Dwight Howard fan. how many Ts does Superman have? how many Ts has LBJ EVER had?

I suspect that he can pay the fine the NBA will drop on him :D

It really wasnt about the technical foul, it was more of being a bad sport..... I still like the guy though. Anyone else notice when he was interviewed today he had a NY hat on?

^ not the most classy move for LeBron James, but hey, at least he didn't rape anybody.

Kobe Bryant has been convicted of rape AT MOST the exact same amount of times as you have.

On the bright side, LeBron James has won EXACTLY as many GAMES in The NBA Finals in his entire career as you have.

You're in good company, Sir.

^ hehe - I was half-joking, but in all seriousness how do you know if I have been convicted of rape or not?

It really wasnt about the technical foul, it was more of being a bad sport..... I still like the guy though. Anyone else notice when he was interviewed today he had a NY hat on?

it's no secret that LBJ loves the Yankees. in fact, while attending an Indians/Yanks game he sported a NY hat (which I'm sure most of you know of), much to the dismay of Cleveland fans everywhere. the only thing that I do not like about LBJ, is much like LL, he is the premier bandwagon sports fan.

example, his favorite teams in all sports are the Chicago Bulls, the Dallas Cowboys, and the New York Yankees. all of these teams were balls-deep in dynasty mode in the 90s when an aspiring LBJ was growing up. at least pick your favorite sports teams on what colors look the best, at least that adds some idiosyncracy to it.

I have no respect for LeBron James.

no surprise here. a true lover and scholar of the game of basketball undeniably is compelled to love LBJ on the court. his off-court presence truly does not ignite any disrespect, so I am assuming you are talking about his on-court prowess.

eh, I am being kinda mean. I just wrote a five page paper and I am still disgusted over the Cavs loss. I still think you all are a-okay, I promise.

Without getting any of you lakers fans all riled up and hating on me, I dont think that this series will be so cut and dry..... Does anyone else feel that Lebron James showed unsportsmanlike conduct when he walked off the court saturday night, didnt shake any of the magics hands, say congratualtions, or even attend the post game press conference? The guys on Pardon The Interuption were just debating it, was wondering how everyone felt about it.....

He was mad, so what. I would have been pissed to losing my chance at the title this year and being so close.

When you're Lebron, of course you can't pick your nose outside of your house. If fucking Vladimir Radmanovich stormed off the court and ditched the media after a loss, not a soul would notice. Does that make it ok, though? Up for debate, but it's the very same action. When you're paid superspacebucks, you just can't do shit like that. He's supposed to be the babyface. Not shaking a dude's hand after losing, meh, whatever. But not having the business-sense to own up to it the morning after? He's gotta get a new PR guy. But who give's a shit anyway about "class" or "respect" or the guy's personality? If he keeps making shots, everyone gets paid. He's a basketball player.

Last edited:

^ hehe - I was half-joking, but in all seriousness how do you know if I have been convicted of rape or not?

You're right.

Since I don't know you personally, I can't be 100 percent certain that you haven't been convicted of rape negative one times.

no surprise here. a true lover and scholar of the game of basketball undeniably is compelled to love LBJ on the court. his off-court presence truly does not ignite any disrespect, so I am assuming you are talking about his on-court prowess.

eh, I am being kinda mean. I just wrote a five page paper and I am still disgusted over the Cavs loss. I still think you all are a-okay, I promise.

Actually, to be honest, I do respect his game. He's a good player.

He's severely overrated and his off court attitude is disgusting though.

I would have been pissed to losing my chance at the title this year and being so close.

They had a great season, sure.

But "so close" to winning the Title?

They got DOMINATED for six games by the same team who's an almost 3 to 1 underdog to lose to the Lakers.

The Cavs were a paper tiger.

LeBron's great - there's no denying it.

But he's NOT Super-clutch YET, and his teammates suck my balls.

2 0 1 0 I N M A D I S O N S Q U A R E G A R D E N ! ! ! <3

Actually, to be honest, I do respect his game. He's a good player.

He's severely overrated and his off court attitude is disgusting though.

how do you come to that conclusion? he got pissed off after a series where he got little to no help from his teammates and walked off the court ONE time, he was clearly frustrated and had every right to be, not necessarily at the magic, but at his team and even at himself. i'll not deny that he didn't make any friends or gain any fans during this whole thing and it certainly wasn't good sportsmanship, but the dude's 24 years old. i'm 26 and i'm only STARTING to come into my perfection. he's done so much right in his time in the NBA already, but you can't expect him to do everything right.

that said, we all know he acted like a baby and BELIEVE ME, the cleveland sports media is all over it. there will be enough backlash from this that if he doesn't learn anything from it THEN i'll be fine with you saying his off court attitude is disgusting, but until now, what's he done to make you feel so harshly about him?

His head has gotten too big. If you pay attention to his interviews he's beginning to act as if he's bigger than the game of basketball.

I don't blame him. The media talks about him as if he's the offspring of Jordan and Jesus.

They had a great season, sure.

But "so close" to winning the Title?

They got DOMINATED for six games by the same team who's an almost 3 to 1 underdog to lose to the Lakers.

The Cavs were a paper tiger.

LeBron's great - there's no denying it.

But he's NOT Super-clutch YET, and his teammates suck my balls.

2 0 1 0 I N M A D I S O N S Q U A R E G A R D E N ! ! ! <3

yes so close.

There is only one team in their conference who is getting closer, and 2 frome the West. It was the Conference Finals, all you can get to closer IS the finals!

And I am gonna be hesitant at that 3:1 things. I think it's 2:1