• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Most Visual Psychedelic Thread

In my personal experience, smoked DMT, by far. However, I don't think I have tried enough psychedelics in enough doses/settings to give a definitive answer, and I doubt a lot of people have done it, either.

In any case I always found this a interesting question, even though is somewhat ill-defined, but that is what makes it fun too, ahahha. I have read quite a lot about it and according not only to my experience but also to what I have read and figured out (some of this compounds I haven't tried!) I would classify them by levels similar to this:

Sorry for the long text!

1)IV DMT>smoked DMT>other psychs works explosively in the IV or smoked route.
You can perfectly replace the ">" symbols by equalities as all the compounds of this category can produce top visual experiences (so the comparision there is pretty subjective/anecdotal). The only reason I put the ">" is because IV DMT is a bit more efficient than smoked (quite a bit at high doses) and because I think DMT probably produces less side mental and physical effects than the others, i.e. it could be a bit more clear-headed, so you can be a bit less distressed to focus on the visuals. However this again is a bit speculative as there is not enough statistical sample, and all the compounds are around the same visual level.

Anyway my point is that I think the ROA has been overlooked in the discussion quite a bit. As an example I don't think DMT to be so visually intense by anything intrinsic to it, but I assign 80% of its visual power to the ROA. I think when people compare it to acid or shrooms, and talk about doses, they are somewhat missing the shot, as the character of the experience is different. Think about stims: can you reallly compare oral amphetamine against IV coke, or smoked meth against insufflated coke? The ROA can even affect different compounds in different ways, foer example IV coke is said to be equally of even more intense than IV meth according to some people, even though meth is considered generally a much stronger stiumlant.

This first category is somewhat conditioned by my personal experience because I disagree with this (IME)
Many psychedelics replace 100% of your visual field with their own visuals after a certain dose.
-If we are talking of OEVs, this is not a generic effect of psychedelics for me, even in very high doses. For me the visual of psychs are not like this cliche psychedelic filter that increases linearly with the dose, as they are A HUGE quantity of other perceptive and MENTAL effects going along, and most high doses of oral psychs become very mental in character as those doses. I consider myself to have a mid or even mid-high quantity of visuals relative to the dose, so I am not an extreme case or rarity, I think. The only psych which I tried that does this with a certain frequency with open eyes is smoked DMT and even with it, is not the generic outcome. So, reading lots of reports I have assumed most of this has to do with the ROA.

-If we talk about CEVs the thing changes completely. IME most psychs in medium to high doses generates very intense and pretty encompassing CEVs and visions as the visuals don't have to "compete/modify" the external word. The content and themes sometimes vary.

-

-With "compounds that works explosively" I mean ones that delivery very strong and fast experiences comparatively to the oral route. In the IV route there are a good number of tryps (4-ACO-X, base tryps etc ) and some PEAs (2C-B, 2C-E, 2C-P etc). Smoked/vapourised there fewer, I think, maybe a small group of tryps and PEAs (like bufotenin or maybe NBOMes). AFAIK lysergamides don't work explosively in these routes.

2)Psychs that work well in the IM/rectal/insufflated route. I haven't read enough (cause is not a common route) to compare it systematically. But I expect them to work stronger than oral but not so much as IV/smoked. I am unsure about this level, though.

3a)The NBOMes, (25-I, 25-B, 25-D, 25-D) Among the oral psychs I would put the NBOMes at first place. It is true that they are (were) usually dosed pretty high (1mg is a higher dose than the average hit of LSD for example) as they are pretty clear-headed at lower and mid doses, but even considering that they produce very strong visuals for many people. It's a pitty that they are so unhealthy/dangerous cause they are pretty visual psychs

3b) 2C-P/2C-E /2C-T-7 Here we enter in a way more debatable territory but I would say that this two compounds stand out usually as more visual than most of the others. .

3c) Many oral psychedelics Again this is even more debatable and many people could put some compounds of this group as more visual than the ones above as there are many more aspects (the headspace/the dose/the themes of the visuals/CEVs or OEVs). For example I always thought than very high doses of lysergamides would be on top (as they have no extreme physical side effects) but my limited trials of this has given to me extremely mentally intense experiences without an spectacular increase of visuals, so I am not exploring this direction any more. Other people could name ETH-LAD, 4-HO-MET, MET, 2C-T-2, I don't see clear standouts.

4) Not very visual oral psychedelics I am unsure about very high doses but there are some psychs like DiPT, AMT, 2C-C etc which don't seem very visual at low-medium doses.

Last edited:
i think if a person takes enough of any psychedelic then mostly the same experience is going to happen.. it's like being so far gone that you are trapped in a dream.

i think smoking drugs like salvia or dmt let you go into this dream space one time during a trip and it's easier to deal with.. if you start to take acid or shrooms to get ego loss and dreaming when you are awake, it's going to last a while and you are going to be in and out of the dream going back and forth from reality to the dream. this can get confusing and can potentially lead to irresponsible behavior for a lot of people.

i think if a person takes enough of any psychedelic then mostly the same experience is going to happen.. it's like being so far gone that you are trapped in a dream.
Very true. For example, 2C-D is often described as not particularly visual, but pushed into very high dosage realms, the visuals are basically everywhere ime. Which leads me down the rabbit hole of wondering whether we truly understand how psychedelics 'should' be dosed. Especially when it comes to 'reality replacers' like smoked DMT or salvia.

DMT at breaktrough dose is kinda beyond visual, in a sense as K is at hole dose
In a “human eyes specter” 2c-e at dose about 30mg is really up there in a way of 3D visuals
Few hundred mics of acid is up there in a top as fractal visuals go
4-aco-DMT is unique as so are shrooms at 10g level, again of totally different flavor
5-meo-DMT isn’t really visual in richness to me as in brightens
I could go on and on. Hell even 2c-b at high dose is insanely visual, really candy visual

DMT is a cheat answer, the real question is what is the most visual drug compared to the intensity of other effects. I'd wager NBOMEs for that. With the reality channel switch that is DMT, the visuals are not even the primary point of focus.

for me nbome’s come with more mindfuck at a much lower dose compared to 2c’s which can get insanely visual before almost any mindfuck

al-lad is good example, it was insanely visual at about 400µ but mindfuck was at level of maybe 150µ of acid

i think smoking drugs like salvia or dmt let you go into this dream space one time during a trip and it's easier to deal with.. if you start to take acid or shrooms to get ego loss and dreaming when you are awake, it's going to last a while and you are going to be in and out of the dream going back and forth from reality to the dream. this can get confusing and can potentially lead to irresponsible behavior for a lot of people.

Kind of agree, although some psychedelics are inherently more visual than others. Like LSD to me has never been the most visual psychedelic.. I’ve had some crazy visuals but overall not as much compare to others.

DMT and Mushrooms have given me the strongest open eye visuals. DMT and Mescaline is probably king though for reliably inducing a state where one can actually appreciate and explore the open eye visuals. DMT and Mush alone, by time you get up there you’re so gone it’s hard to navigate.

-GC

I hardly get any visuals from ayahuasca, especially open eyed. I haven't done a full dose tho, but it seems that for me, effects manifest in the form of kinesthetic changes, feeling like my body is spinning or rolling. I have gotten "HPPD" in which it feels like my body is twisting. It's not particularly unpleasant but is somewhat couchlocking. My single experience with LSA was more visual however, I'm thinking of doing LSD soon, let's see how visual lysergamides can be :Bart:

I used to get very prominent CEVs on DMT, I think I probably still would if I'd remember how to close my eyes. Everything just pops out and distorts so wildly and out of control that it's basically more interesting to look at everything, plus the total shock over all of it makes me basically unable to even control my eyes. I was in this state the other week, and somehow I managed to take more drags off my pen, broke through and experienced an ego death so severe it took an entire hour to remember who I was. Before those last pulls I remember thinking something like "this is punishment for all your negative thinking" which... is kind of strange, but in that state somehow I felt it was appropriate. Probably by 30 minutes I was getting there, recognizing myself but I was in so much shock over what happened.

That whole experience would have to be a written a long trip report but even then, it's so hard to describe a DMT breakthrough, it's like too much to even think about, it's so heavy. If you know you know I suppose. The total and utter wide eyed shock and repeated "what the fuck just happened???" for awhile doesn't go away for a bit. My last trip I nearly broke through, it was pretty terrifying actually. My leg hairs looked like a million spiders and my feet were melting, then after like 10 minutes, I began laughing so uncontrollably hard, more than I've ever laughed in my life. Just thinking about it makes me want to laugh.

I'd definitely put DMT on top out of all the hallucinogens I've tried (LSD, psilocybin, DXM, salvia). You just see and feel the psychedelic patterns flowing throughout your body and mind. The visuals become you and sometimes just this strange alien manifestation of you. I've never done 5-MeO, I can imagine it must be so extreme you'd just break through every time. About to do some now, albeit reluctantly because I'm exhausted but I haven't tripped since Friday night. No idea how far I'll go, sometimes I'll do the same amount and not get as far, other times I'm completely fucked.

Update: MY GOD what just happened. My vision was BOUNCING uncontrollably. I don't know why DMT can be so different each time. What the fuck was that.

Last edited:
Ah yes,
I used to get very prominent CEVs on DMT, I think I probably still would if I'd remember how to close my eyes. Everything just pops out and distorts so wildly and out of control that it's basically more interesting to look at everything, plus the total shock over all of it makes me basically unable to even control my eyes. I was in this state the other week, and somehow I managed to take more drags off my pen, broke through and experienced an ego death so severe it took an entire hour to remember who I was. Before those last pulls I remember thinking something like "this is punishment for all your negative thinking" which... is kind of strange, but in that state somehow I felt it was appropriate. Probably by 30 minutes I was getting there, recognizing myself but I was in so much shock over what happened.

That whole experience would have to be a written a long trip report but even then, it's so hard to describe a DMT breakthrough, it's like too much to even think about, it's so heavy. If you know you know I suppose. The total and utter wide eyed shock and repeated "what the fuck just happened???" for awhile doesn't go away for a bit. My last trip I nearly broke through, it was pretty terrifying actually. My leg hairs looked like a million spiders and my feet were melting, then after like 10 minutes, I began laughing so uncontrollably hard, more than I've ever laughed in my life. Just thinking about it makes me want to laugh.
Oh yeah, the laughter on DMT is utterly amazing. Pure insanity to witness (ive seen people literally piss themselves) but such a joyful thing to go through.

I'd still say salvia has the most overwhelming visuals. They're almost not visuals though, its just a complete replacement of external reality with something else. I remember flying into the desert once and sort of squatting in the sunset with this small, black skinned elf-guy and we seemed to be worshipping an enormous multicoloured wheel just hovering on the sands before us. Then I was just in my room again. Nothing I've ever experienced had been that intense. It actually scared the living shit out of me. Salvia was always impossible to control.

For me, the top 3 visual drugs- that absolutely shove reality to the side and completely immerse you- are salvia, DPT, and DMT. A runner up with great potential that I've never fully tapped would probably be smoked MET. I sense that it would also replace the world entirely at a high enough dose.

I personally only had around 20x salvia, I know it can go very high. I had no idea about this psychedelic DPT, I doubt I'd ever know anyone who has it, I'm very interested. It sounds like a moderate DMT experience that's long and drawn out.

For me the laughter doesn't always happen, sometimes I'm just like, completely unable to move or think because the trip was so extreme. For me, usually more freaky trips I end up laughing at the end, it's like some kind of nervous energy release. I think I just go too far usually in general to laugh on it, if I did less I know i'd be laughing like a drooling idiot which is how it was when I got some last month (not going as far as I've been lately, break through or near. I kind of like the right before breakthrough). I almost wonder if my bouncing vision simulated an REM cycle or something. Maybe DMT really is related to dreaming, who knows. It's not like they can exactly study that given it's horribly illegal right?

DMT was administered and studied in the early 90s. The Spirit Molecule is an interesting book reporting some of the findings of the study.

IME with DPT, its only vaguely similar to DMT. It seemed to consist of more complete visions of people and places but with a certain cold, dark edge to it. That said, it's been years since I took it and my memory of it has largely gone fuzzy. I do recall having a vision of my own apparently crucified body which was disturbing. It has the same ability to completely transport one into a whole new setting like DMT can. But was somewhat scarier and not as aesthetically pleasant.

Physically, it feels pretty horrendous too. Pins and needles everywhere. The sick part of my mind almost wants to try it again.

For me Salvia body load is really different than just about any drug as it feels it’s almost completely produced by mind, unlike with many other things where you can feel vasoconstriction, nausea, hypertension, heart racing or whatever.

The popularity of DMT in this thread and the availability of DMT vape pens (if I ordered one, would it be confiscated by canada customs like so many of my other attempted on line purchases???) really makes me want to try it, however, I have a great personal supply of saliva which keeps forever (Salvinorin-a has an extremely stable hard waxy consistency).

except for the occasional pins and needles (1/2 of the time I get this) and other unpredictable physical dysphorias, when dosed moderately it is so good and reliable in so far as providing a brief excursion to a substantially different kind of consciousness experience. The experience has all the features of the other psychedelics rolled into a timeless 6-10 minutes.

after the testamonials of @swilow and @BourbonMac and others, I can probably just carry on with my current collection of salvia, 1p-lsd, sativa vape, h2o-soluble TCH drops, and ephedrine to cover all my bases.

Yeah I can't speak for web bought DMT pens. A friend of mine in Canada bought one offline but he found it too harsh to really use, plus it was like $100 for 0.25g or something. Actually I haven't heard from him in months, he'd had some mental health struggles and I worry... I would highly doubt using this had anything to do with it, he hardly did in the first place because he couldn't hold it in. He can barely hold in dab pens let alone weed smoke much.

My friend made me my pens out of his crystal, it was really simple. He just put it into a shot glass over an oven pan until it melted enough to dump into the cartridge. Pens do seem harsher than if I just do all the crystal on a dabber but I've gotten used to the harshness. He's out of crystal now but I have like 2 full pens still. Knowing me it'll probably only last until June though. I could use this stuff for the rest of my life, it's too incredible.

I had 60x but it doesn’t really matter if it’s 5x or 100x if you smoke enough. Intensity of Salvia mindfuck is otherworldly. For me it produced kind of caroonishy visuals but mental experience was intense as it gets.
The mental experience of salvia is something else!! I smoked 60x too and I forgot that I was a human being and I thought I was an object, it's like I had a full blown ego death that no other drug has ever given me. I felt like I was just there like no heartbeat or anything.TBH it scared the crap out of me