• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Most Safe Psychedelic

I personally can't stand LSD and shrooms - mescaline is the most easily available from the availability of cacti online and I feel its a far smoother trip than LSD and shrooms. My personal opinion is to get either san pedro or t. bridgesii outer flesh powder or chips and do a mesc extraction or at least get some t. bridgesii or t. peruvianus cuttings and cook them down... I've put some decent work into trips with other substances before and the experience always seems more rewarding when you DIY anyway. Or you could attempt to grow your own shrooms - if I wasn't in an apartment I'd consider that, just an amount for personal use - as I think the respect you give to the life you are growing would effect the experience.

Well yes, i know that. Obviously any Psychedelic has the potential to induce a bad trip and/or frightening psychosis. I'm trying to find out which would be the least dangerous besides that factor.
Again, physiologically speaking, most (assuming we are talking just psychedelics and not hallucinogens as a whole) generally carry the same weight in "physiological danger", which isn't very much at all. There are some exceptions, such as bufotenin, Bromo-DragonFLY, 5-MeO-DMT to a degree, etc. Also, the "research chemicals", which includes the aforementioned Bromo-DragonFLY and 4-AcO-DMT, don't have nearly the same proven track record as other psychedelics that have been established for much longer such as psilocin (shrooms), mescaline, and LSD. In fact, some of these have been proven to be pretty sketchy, especially the ultra potent ones like, again, Bromo-DragonFLY. 4-AcO-DMT so far appears to be safe, but it's also too recent to have had much in-depth study made on it, but as no serious side effects of its use have been reported so far after being around for a few years, it would seem logical to conclude that it at least isn't as dangerous as, for example, mephedrone (which isn't a psychedelic by the way, just another RC), which had serious adverse effects stemming from its use reported soon after it hit the market.

However, as most/many psychedelics have vasoconstrictive properties, they could be a bad idea if you have high blood pressure. Some psychedelics such as LSA (from Morning Glory seeds or Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds) can be far more potent vasoconstrictors than others, including the related chemical LSD.

As far as physical discomfort, mushrooms have a tendency to cause significant nausea. This can also be the case with mescaline. LSD is likely one of the most gentle psychedelics on the stomach there is. They can cause muscle tension though, and sometimes this factor bothers me a bit with LSD in particular.

Mescaline is generally cited as being one of the best choices for a beginner psychedelic due to its relative ease to handle. It's also not nearly as available as mushrooms or LSD, which is why people often start with one of those two.

Last edited:
However, as pretty much all psychedelics have vasoconstrictive properties, they could be a bad idea if you have high blood pressure.

Once again, not true with mescaline. It is a natural beta blocker. No tachycardia and no high bp with this one. In fact, they tend to drop below baseline when the peak hits.

Once again, not true with mescaline. It is a natural beta blocker. No tachycardia and no high bp with this one. In fact, they tend to drop below baseline when the peak hits.
Which is why I threw the "pretty much" in there, though now that you called attention to it I should replace that with "most" or "many" or something. Though this also brings up that mescaline + hypotension could = bad.

Anything can be an indirect cause of injury or death whether it’s eating a banana, walking through a park, or taking some classically safe psychedelic like lsd or mushrooms. I don’t mean to sound like a ridiculous anti-drug commercial….. I’m just saying.

bananas, kiwis, shellfish - and I am dead.

Anything can be an indirect cause of injury or death whether it’s eating a banana, walking through a park, or taking some classically safe psychedelic like lsd or mushrooms. I don’t mean to sound like a ridiculous anti-drug commercial….. I’m just saying.

what about ketamine? considering it is a psychedelic as well as a dissociative. just from personal experience at low doses it seems pretty safe compared to RCs

Ketamine is an irritant, the kidney and bladder damage when Ketamine is used long-term is pretty severe, it is most definitely not the safest hallucinogen, by far. In relation to stimulants and many other drugs, when used responsibly, I'd say it's very safe though. I do love Ketamine, but it's not without it's downsides.

Personally I'd have to say mushrooms.

Mescaline *is* a vasoconstrictor. In fact, beta blockers are known to produce vasoconstriction, while they may lower overall blood pressure, vasoconstriction is still a concern, and most people taking Mescaline do experience a raise in blood pressure and heart rate - though a far lesser increase than with many other psychedelics. While I think there's no real concern there with Mescaline, I just thought that was worth mentioning, as blood pressure definitely sees an increase in most users. Last I checked there are studies that suggest Mescaline is a beta-blocker, but in comparison to other beta-blockers its effects are minimal, and the vasoconstriction etc still outweigh it. Definitely a bonus though.

I would definitely say Mescaline is one of, if not the safest phenethylamine psychedelic we know of at the moment, however I would also definitely say that phenethylamines in general carry more (though still very few) risks than tryptamines.

Edit: Actually, I seem to be mistaken, looking deeper into the studies it seems that Mescaline was found to be a adrenergic agonist, rather than an antagonist, meaning it actually exerts the opposite effect to that of a beta-blocker. If someone can confirm what I've read, or prove that I'm mistaken, with sources, please reply. It would make sense though, since other phenethylamines are adrenergic agonists. (if you're wondering, beta blockers = adrenergic antagonists)

Last edited:
I agree that LSD, Psilocybin, and Mescaline are all very safe from a toxicology perspective. However, I would say that mescaline causes far less psychological trauma on average. Of couse this last part is purely subjective, but I always feel safe on mescaline. I have felt quite the opposite of safe numerous times on shrooms and the only time I took acid.

usually lsd.. and shroomz.... but you need to be aware that if you dont know who made it then anything could be in it.

A close friend of me got a bad hits = bad trip experience as it was dirty. Has you heard about dirty sid?

I did approx 30-40 total lsd trips and we could all definitely distinguish if they were clean or not. You could feel it.

Believe it.

Thank you. We need to have a poll on this, in order to show that those in another thread insisting you and I and the rest of us are just hyper-suggestible ninnies and do not KNOW what we are feeling, are like the 0.0001% of "scientists" who insist Global Warming is all some big delusion being had by everyone else.

How about this- pretty much every psychedelic has risks. Be informed about the potential risks with whatever substance you choose. It's the best you can do, there's no magic "safe drug".

Exactly. This is another one of those "unanswerable questions". But what better place to discuss Unanswerable Questions than in the worldwide Psychedelic Drugs meeting-ground! =D

And whoever said 4-AcO-DMT is an idiot. There haven't been enough long term usage studies to find out the safety profile of 4-AcO-DMT. It is not known whether the drug is active on its own or if it has to be turned into 4-HO-DMT to become active, nor is it known whether there are any other metabolites which may be toxic/carcinogenic from its consumption.

And I've seen people (and personally have done this myself) vomit violently from shrooms, go into shudders, and just feel utterly poisoned. As for the LSD suggestion - you never even know if its LSD or not unless you get it right from the chemist.

4 aco dmt has proven to be pretty safe.
there have been a few reports of people eating 100's of milligrams and coming out fine.
If it converts to 4 ho dmt it just confirms even more that it is safe because psilocin has been studied for decades.
And there is no reason to suggest the acetoxy to be more dangerous that psilocin.

Last edited:
Now it seems that we are expanding safe as not only safe for your body, but safe due to how mentally impaired the user is and unable to realize they are conflicting harm upon themselves. I think Mescaline is a wonder guide. I really don't want to sound as if I'm taking a stand against it. Mescaline can make you feel as if everything that moves in your eyesight or talks, its as if they did or said what ever it was just to amuse you(the tripper). So I don't consider it a dangerous drug.

If we take into consideration how mentally impaired you are, then It would seem that the safest trip would be one that consisted of very little trip, and a very small dose of a non toxic Trypt. LOL I know I'm caring this way to far, but it seems with each new perspective of the question of the thread, I come up with contradictory Ideas. So I will just say that 4-AcO-DMT is not as intense as mushrooms, you can weight your own dose accurately, And as far as I know this compound is extremely non toxic. I will look into this, and if I find evidence that I'm wrong with my assumption about 4-AcO-DMT's toxicity I will immediately edit this post. So in my opinion you would be best starting off with a 5mg test, just to make sure you don't react weirdly to it. Do this the day before you want to trip. It shouldn't have any tolerance effects.

Mescaline, LSD and psilocin have all been studied extensively and there is no evidence that they are at all neurotoxic. There are only a handful of psychedelics that *are* known to have any neurotoxicity issues, but most synthetics other than LSD haven't been studied very thoroughly yet.

Thc ;)

and I doubt there will be any in-depth studies done on 4-aco-dmt anytime soon, theres no need to at this point, who would fund that research? And when they start (if they do) it will be at least a year before we hear anything regarding results. meh

When I made my statement about the how toxic 4-aco-dmt is, I was making that assumption with the point of view that It is almost immediately metabolized into Psilocin. If Psilocin is non toxic, which I know for a fact it is not, then you'd believe that 4-aco-dmt would be no more dangerous in comparison. Another factor that weights heavy on me is its listing as far as being singly listed on the scheduled drugs list with the DEA. You cannot legally buy or pick mushrooms, but you can work within a gray area of the internet and obtain 4-AcO-DMT. So not being illegal, and it being a pro-drug of psilocin is why I prefer this compound to others.

MagickalKat777,

I wanted to apologize to you about my suggestion of psychedelics. You clearly state that you can't stand lsd or shrooms. 4-aco-dmt is like a completely steady mushroom trip, but I doubt this would be appealing to you due to your likes and dislikes between the different compounds.

I read that you were planning on doing an extraction. This would make it a more controlled ingestion, therefore decreasing my concerns of it as a semi possibly maybe a tad bit dangerous :)

I was actually suggesting an extraction for anyone who wishes to do cactus. I have access to synthetic HCl so I don't need to worry about such things.

In any case, different strokes for different folks, you know? And there is so much conflicting information about mescaline's effects its not even funny. I definitely experienced the beta-blocker effect, even when it was in combination with high doses of MDMA. Heart rate never went over 90. BP even the next day was like 98/80 (this was at the doctor's office).

As for 4-AcO-DMT - I am questioning if the product I had previously was in fact 4-AcO-DMT because I just got a new batch from the same place and everything is different about it - the color, the consistency, and the small taste test (2.1mg) produced a very slight and PLEASANT tryptamine buzz that reminded me of my first time on mushrooms so I will hold out my judgment on it until I get around to trying this batch (which will be awhile - 5-Me-MDA testing comes first).

Anyway, when it comes to choosing the psychedelic, it really should come down to your intuition. If shrooms or known LSD comes your way, its an obvious sign, as these tend to only pop up in your life when you need them in some way (unless you have steady access to a dealer, which is fairly rare) - otherwise, do your research and make a decision.

No I don't believe that 4-AcO-DMT can kill you but the response to it seems to be rather mixed. People either love or hate it. Doesn't seem to be much of an inbetween with that one.

No I don't believe that 4-AcO-DMT can kill you but the response to it seems to be rather mixed. People either love or hate it. Doesn't seem to be much of an inbetween with that one.

While this is getting off-topic, I feel the love/hate relationship with 4-AcO-DMT is more to do with the psychological effects, rather than the physical, like mushrooms it can be a real rough anxiety-filled ride if you have problems in your life that it brings up. I personally see that as a benefit because it forces you to face these problems - but it is a shame when you just want a nice chill trip and you end up curled in the foetal position for 6 hours crying your eyes out haha.

LSD, shrooms, mescaline.

For shroomz make sure they are legit and not random mushrooms of course. For blotter try to find out how strong the tabs are

Don't know how much I trust RC's...being manufactered in Chineese factories with probably minimal regulations