• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Most Music Enhancing Psychedelic

LSD has always given me that "classic" music festival experience, complete with all the requisite joy and paranoia. :)

Yea, I think that LSD is the perfect hallucinogen for being out and about and dancing (MDMA might be better for specifically dancing). The combination of depth, duration, relatively preserved cognition, and transparency in the body make it really special for this situation.

"Which psychedelics are best for music appreciation?" would be a good question, as would "Which psychedelics are the most social and recreational?" - but just asking which to take is not allowed.

I'll leave this open for now, since we don't have a "Which psychedelics are best for music appreciation?" thread as far as I'm aware, however please guys stick to discussing that - don't just list substances, give your preferred substances for listening to music, and explain why you like them, pros and cons, etc :)

Glad to see a moderator's view on the subject at hand, with that in mind, I'll go into more detail on my original suggestions.

The consensus among my friends and I, is that mushrooms are ideal in a natural setting with music highly targeted towards psychedelic responses or nature. Ambient music, down tempo, psychill, and whatever genre of music Shpongle type music would qualify as.

LSD seems to be a lot more... civilized, as far as good music/settings. I would never consider any time of "rock" music on shrooms. Psychedelic Rock though... on acid... was amazing. Acid doesn't also seem to feel as blissful in comparison to shrooms when you get the whole nature aspect into it. However psytrance which is amazing on on shrooms, is equally amazing on acid. At that point, you've only got to consider physical setting.

Also, shrooms seem to be far more appealing to me in low light settings. Acid seems far more appealing in daylight type settings. My personal policy has been: Night time or Nature = shrooms. Daylight or "festival" setting = acid.

I honestly feel like taking acid at night without much lights is a waste. Taking shrooms in daylight has never felt like a waste, but in low light settings it's always been absolutely magical, especially when the light is natural sourced (stars/moon/camp fires). Acid doesn't give me the same bliss from those light sources.

Another interesting aspect on the whole "natural vs civilized" aspects of the primary two, on mushrooms, I want to sit down under a tree, I'll get dirt all over me, and not care, see a tiny insect on the apple I'm eating and eat it with it. I feel a part of nature. On Acid, I'm the opposite. I want to maintain regular everyday hygiene.

from what i have experienced LSD is he best for a music festival. Not over powering when dancing, lasts long, gives you great body rushes, and it just keeping you going and excited!! :D

I like to do LSD on the first day of the festival since it's my favorite, and I like to take it without any tolerance to psyches. Then on subsequent days, really high doses of mushrooms (7-10 grams - to help blast through tolerance). Also, AMT seems to work okay on day number 2.

For day three, 2C-E in the 30-40mg range seems to be able to blast through tolerance pretty good. That's for oral dosing.

I've never been able to find an DOx drugs, i'm sure they're AWESOME for festivals though. 2C-T-7 would be a cool festival drug, but I don't really trust that drug to not interact with other drugs, like aMT and MDMA. Something about mixing in 2C-T-7 with a days long psychedelic binge just seems to be askin' for trouble. I'm sure it's doable/has been done, I just always like to err on the side of caution.

2ce is a research chemical and i stay away from RC's as meph almost ruined my life as well as experimenting with nrg2 and all this other stuff. It made me ill running psychotic thoughts in my mind. Thats why its best to stick to things that are known. Like 2cb is fun. -snip-

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing inherently wrong with substances commonly referred to as RCs that make them more risky/harmful than any other known drugs. The only difference is that their effects/dosage/risks etc are not as well known or completely unknown.

If you had a negative response to an RC, it's not because it was an RC. Negative responses can happen with anything.

2CE I actually like a lot, especially since it is more visual than LSD per dollar spent, more easily confirmed as what it is said to be, and more easily measured for dosage.

The biggest problem with RCs and the only reason they have such a huge negative stigma, is people taking an RC when they think they're getting something else.

Someone gives you some "K" and you lay out a line the size you'd typically do for K, and are sent into a massive m-hole for 4 to 6 hours.

You don't want to take mushrooms at a festival.
I know that.

I don't know what you do want to take around a bunch of people. I guess ecstasy. lol
Even that shit hits too hard sometimes but it's usually all good after it does.

if you know the dose of the L and you are experienced it should be fine. and rcs are fine given you measure dose properly and know for sure what you have is legit :)

I changed the title so we can avoid this just being a "What should I take" thread and actually get some useful discussion. Also added this thread to the Psychedelic Index :)

For discussing the pros and cons of tripping in a music festival setting, please visit the Set and Setting Thread, for discussing which psychedelics work well in such a social environment you should check out the The Most Recreational / Euphoric / Social Psychedelic, and for discussing which psychedelics enhance the music itself, come here! :D

Personally I find 2C-E is extremely synaesthetic and a wonderful choice for music enhancement. aMT also provides some wonderful musical enhancement, though it is more of an entactogenic body-high with enhanced music appreciation rather than the extreme blending of senses seen with 2C-E.

I find BK-MDMA is enchancing the bassline in music in a very lovely way, but on 4-HO-MET the music becomes very intense and extremely detailed.

I dont think music enhances psychedelics, i think psychedelics enhance music

Don't smoke weed for 6 months, them smoke a huge amount in silent darkness, then tell me it's not psychedelic

Sounds nice, overdosing cannabis is known for causing very pleasant experiences. Including the feeling of dieing and a complete loss of energy in the whole body.

Good advice.

2ce is a research chemical and i stay away from RC's as meph almost ruined my life as well as experimenting with nrg2 and all this other stuff. It made me ill running psychotic thoughts in my mind. Thats why its best to stick to things that are known. Like 2cb is fun. -snip-

you're so thick you have to be trolling

So I've had experience with 2-c-c nbome maybe a dozen or so times, all in very similar settings, and while it can provide an incredibly spiritual and moving experience in conjunction with music, the substance can be incredibly fickle and turn dark without any cause or notice.
Personally, I believe that a small amount of LSD combined with mescaline provides the most incredible appreciation for music. In the past this combination has left me with the feeling that my body was an instrument of the music itself, conducting the sound which seemed to rise from within me.
Also, depending on the genre, varying amounts of ketamine can also lend to a vastly increased appreciation for music

Moxy is wonderful for music appreciation.
LSD of course - no contest.

Just make sure what ever you pick you know the substance and your body is comfortable with it. Being outside long times/unknown spirits and water might not be readily avaiable... Just be careful and pick what you are comfortable with. Anything will do the trick as long as your enjoying yourself and your mentally ready.