• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Most Addictive Psychedelic

I thought most psychedelics had crazy tolerance builds, making them pretty hard to abuse. That and the fact that they are not addictive by nature would mean there are not many psychedelics addicts out there.

N20 seems a tad moreish. I'd never had N20 besides at the dentists office until recently. I talked to a festie buddy and he says some people will spend all of their money on it at fests.

I don't think I could be addicted to K. Its a bit too strange, and way too much of an anesthetic to make functioning on a productive level impossible.

Now a 15-20mg bump hourly, I can see how feeling floaty can become addictive....

k is more of a dissociative...

If were going to talk about some dissociative drugs, my vote goes for Ether...

"The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. And I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Ether is one hell of a scary material. Like along the lines of it being a highly volatile solvent that forms explosive peroxides in the presence of light and oxygen. 5mg on the lip of the cap is reported as being enough to detonate a bottle.

Even apparently empty bottles carry potential danger, the small amount in there turns to vapor and the movement of the gasses inside generate enough energy to detonate.

And when Hunter S. Thompson expresses concern over the nature of a drug..... When you make it a point to make a point of how helpless, irresponsible, and depraved people on ether in the first pages of the book; it deserves mention as an addictive psychedelic.

Also, I hear PCP is an awesome dissociative in the way that methamphetamine is an awesome stimulant, or heroin an awesome opiate... I mean, why else would people drive their-selves into a binge before going on a manic rampage and ending up tied to a gurney or worse if it wasn't at least a little bit entertaining getting there? Its kind of ironic that things like heroin and meth have tendencies of seeming to be so much more awesome that anything else ceases to matter or concern you.

Havent done either, Ether scares me.... I worked in a warehouse for a biomedical research facility, and I put ether up there with liquid nitrogen in shit I stand back from when its in my vicinity....although It humored me to have a rolling cart loaded down with chloroform and being told to figure out proper disposal of a bunch of chloroform. Chloroform is kind of scary in its own right, Its shipped in small vials wrapped in plastic, wrapped in a space filling foam inside a steel canister that is wrapped in plastic held by foam and cardboard spacers in the center of a box.

Last edited:
I've absolutely tripped my twat off on high doses of M1 and I know others who have too.

Is it classsed as a psychedelic?

I've never done more than one dose of M1, always have it as a starter dose with a load of meph, then put it away and just keep doing meph all night....vision gets wobbly, bit colour changing going on, a few grid/matrix type patterns, but I still wouldn't call it a psychedelic....

How far do you go to "trip your twat off" on M1?

It seems from general opinion on this thread that M1 IS classed as a psychedelic, but still, I don't count it as one....;) :p

I think there is a broad consensus that dissociatives should be considered at psychedelics, and that they can have strong addictive properties for people inclined to indulge in them.

besides that, I have recently found out that smoking DMT has some addictive properties for me.

Is it classsed as a psychedelic?
as I have already written earlier in this thread, I think it is a matter of definition if considers entactogens as psychedelics. the same is true for cannabinoids. I for myself definitely include both subcategories into the broad category "psychedelics" (as I of course also do for dissociatives).

The traditional psychedelics like LSD and Psilocybe mushrooms have an anti-addictive quality in my experience. When I think of addiction, I think of people continuing to use a drug in spite of negative consequences. An addict might start calling in sick to work to get high, or they might get high the night before a big exam at school even though they know it's a bad idea. If I ever used traditional psychedelics in an irresponsible manner, I wouldn't enjoy them at all. I'd spend the whole trip feeling guilty instead of enjoying the beauty of the world around me. I learned early on that if I wanted to trip, I had to take care of my responsibilities in life first before taking the drug.

Marijuana can be psychologically addictive for some. I have friends who tend to use it compulsively. No matter how much they have, they'll pretty much smoke it and stay high until it's all gone. For me, though, marijuana is only a psychedelic if I hardly ever use it. The psychedelic properties tend to go away with daily use.

AMT by far, I was addicted to that one at point, thought it was the best drug ever (and still probably do). Noticed in another thread on another forum that some other people were also addicted to this one. Just a beautiful chem, shame that you have to pay with it with your body.

Edit: Ketamine, methoxetamine were never that addictive for me (in the sense that it would be hard not to redose like with AMT) but sure MXE and K are "addictive" so that you're not sober, and it feels good. Though AMT had a strong push because it was just damn awesome, and mind-warping enough to make me take more. The time-dilation helps, but after a long binge on AMT I had "problems with reality"; made me stop.

DXM is another addictive one, absolutely love it; went on a mad spree to get more, but again it's self-limiting. With AMT I had my first taste and thought this is it, have to get more; got 1,3g freebase and tripped for maybe a week. Destroyed my stomach though. Must say though that DOI and 5-MeO-AMT give a feeling of a "big ball of serotonin" on your head, very pleased with those also.

Edit 2: Sorry for any misjudgments, I am drunk.

Edit 3: MDMA is shite compared to AMT; mixed AMT with MDMA crystals (80ish percent) couldn't even feel the MDMA (though I had only maybe 100mg MDMA). Meph, meph, meph!

Last edited:
most addictive drugs which usually aren't considered addictive- pot, n2o, those two were addictive for me. waste of my cannabinoid and nmda receptors right there. they gots better things to do!! >:p
most addictive true psychedelics- probably 2c-b if anything, but all of them are generally in the same place
least addictive- tma-2 and mushrooms for me
but i choose to abstain from most drugs, so i have not tried ketamine nor dxm

The controversy of this thread should be obvious by now. The thread title speaks of addictive psychedelics while those mentioned most often are "secretly" pharmacological hybrids. They can enter the monoamine activity domain like aMT or work differently altogether than serotonergic / common psychedelics like dissociative NMDA antagonists. Or nitrous, a quite unique dissociative of course.
MDMA would best be called an empathogen with some psychedelic qualities and not the other way around. Cannabis does not really count since it is not only a psychedelic but also an upper, a downer, a dissociative and perhaps belong to other categories as well (or have potential for it).

I agree with the poster above that those psychedelics like 2C-B that can be molded and are not so demanding or insisting/persisting they can be habit-forming because other properties like the visuals can be sort of abused. 4-HO-MET is a less serious version of 4-HO-DMT and while it can probably still kick people's ass it is more usually fun so it can be taken for that reason with less uncertainty.

I personally think too many compounds are included right now, this is like more than half. And there are plenty of other threads detailing their addictive qualities. On the other hand even when I took acid weekly or bi-weekly it never felt addictive. Compulsive for some reason, because i was trying to do something with it and use it as a tool, maybe. But not even then was I dependent on it like I have been on a variety of other drugs over the years.
Luckily nothing really stuck so much to me that I would call it tragic.

probably ketamine ime i was a k-head foor 1 year doing 3-4 grams per day

MXE for me, probably Ket too... but i haven't tried any yet

after mushrooms, LSD, and DXM i feel like my body needs recooperation for the next trip. redosing on DMT was insane, but it is too disorienting for me to stay high constantly.

weed is more addictive than MXE for me, but marijuana (THC) isn't "really" a psychedelic IMO, but who am i that to say that?

DXM of what I've had, for a few years there (98ish-2001ish) I was well aware it was doing me no favors anymore, and kicking the shit out of my cognitive function...but I would still do high doses weekly. Mostly left that behind, but still every year or three I'll take a high dose, it's not compulsive, or as good anymore.

When did methylone or MDMA become psychadelics? They are stimulants, euphoric stimulants.

I would question whether even K is a psychadelic, it's a dissociative, but seen as it's discussed frequently in psychadelic drugs I guess it fits the bill.

It would be the only thing discussed in this forum I've ever found even slightly addictive, and 2c-i (when dosed with the k).

IMO LSD is the most addictive psychedelic, but only cause its so wonderful.

yeah DMT maybe is the only one I could imagine being pretty addictive., hahhaahahaa, 8(8(8o8o%)

DMT for me. Most of the time when I do it, I find myself wishing I could just live (or not live? o_O) in that realm. Of course I have had some difficult experiences with it, but I still find the chemical feeling itself to be very pleasant... though it's a lot more meaningful than that for me.

N20 is so compulsive in use, i'd go through hunreds of thoes in a night- got burn scars from the cold dispenser. hippy crack.

LSD's revelations make it habit forming.

I remember when I was on what was purported to be 5-MeO-AMT, I enjoyed it so much, I said to a friend to make sure I didn't have it any time soon, because "I would eat this shit like candy, all day every day." I am the opposite of an addictive personality, and that is the first time I've ever had that reaction to a drug.