View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The more you trip...

Lackasham

Bluelighter
I have noticed the more times I trip, the harder I trip off the same dose. Maybe because I notice more or something I'm not sure but has anyone else experienced this? Also wondering the last time I did dxm was before I had tried any other psychedelic substances and it felt like I was just oddly drunk. Do you think after experiencing psychedelics the dxm will be trippier?

i have had this kind of experience with psychedelics too. i have taken quite a but of L,a good amount of mushrooms and some RCs. a little bit goes a long way for me these days. before, i preferred bigger doses, now im usually cool with 1-2 doses or a half eighth of mushrooms to start with. i think it also might have to do with having better connections for quality product now compared to when i started.

It's the opposite for me, it's very rare that I trip as hard as I used to off of doses I used to take, even with month long breaks

The more you trip; the more you dissociate from consensus reality.

I require larger doses than I used to and it's harder for me to have a profound trip. However I spent several years assaulting my receptors with more psychedelics than anyone should take in a lifetime, I think I gave myself permatolerance.

The more you trip; the more you dissociate from consensus reality.

This is profoundly true! In my experience the further you go with psychedelics ( higher the dose), the further you need to go. After 4-6 hits of strong acid, 50mg of high quality 4-aco-xxx is absolutley child's play. Where as a beginner with psychedelics, 50mg 4-aco anything would've seriously kicked my ass. The more time you spend in psychedelia the comfortable you are there.

idk i feel like im tripping when im sober

i dont get the same magical visuals i got from when i first took acid.

but i still enjoy the thinking process a lot.

i remember chilling in my kitchen on shrooms the other day and i was like "cool" instead of like i would've been when i first started going "WHOAH"

Well I've definitely become more in tune with what all the effects the drugs have are. So there are more effects I notice now, which does make it so even lower (well ok medium 'cause I never dose low) doses seem more "full" than they did at first. My early trips had the strongest body highs, and lots of thought loops/nonsense...but the visuals were inconsistent at first, there'd be nothing for a while then something totally insane, and I didn't know the psychedelic headspace as well so simply didn't realize how hard I was really tripping. Now when I'm tripping I'm having a certain amount of visuals the entire time, and I've gained a lot of control over my mindset while tripping, I can avoid thought loops, not let myself fall into bad thought patterns pretty easily (actually never had any bad times early on though), and I know the headspace now so I'm aware of everything that's happening, and able to maintain clear-headed lucidity even on very strong doses- so basically, I can have a full trip more easily than when I was younger, but at the same time can hold it together even on strong doses now.

Exactly what I've experienced! Maybe not tripping harder per say but more aware of the trip. Also tried dxm for the first time since before I had done any other psychedelics...much trippier this time around!

Ever since I started tripping a few years back, even caffeine has profound effects. If I drink two or three cups of coffee I get strong euphoric effects.

Same with pot. One bowl of good weed gets me real, real real high. No matter my tolerance.

I've noticed the same effects with pot. One small bowl out of an apple and I'm baked. And being baked is different than it ever was before

My friend has undergone something similar. When he began using psychedelics he could use doses relative to everyone else in our group (ex. 10 mg 2C-E oral, 3.0 grams of dried cubensis, a single hit of acid) and have seemingly similar reactions to the others. Then, after some time he began to have very intense experiences and started to dose lower and lower, but he would still have extremely powerful reactions.
I'm not exactly sure why this is the case; could it be an up regulation of 5HT-2A receptors creating more available sites for the molecules to bind to, or a down regulation that causes a shift in the ratio of unbound to bound receptors?