• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The more I stay away from drugs...

ants

Bluelighter
The more I want to do them!

I'm 16 days clean off cocaine and around 6 weeks off MD.

I only really use drugs to party but they amplify my night so much that I just feel kinda boring without them :/ is that normal?

The downside is that they DESTROY my sex drive.

?

Yes, it is normal if to miss something if you don't have anything to replace it. That's why AA focuses so much on having a whole new set of friends.

Do you enjoy cannabis? Some people enjoy eating an edible for concerts. You could also try to learn to enjoy shows sober, or find a new hobby.

Precisely. That's what is expected when you are used to get high, specially if you were doing Coke.
Good that you decided to get off Coke.
The longer you stay off the faster you'll feel normal again. Just hold on for a bit longer.
Good luck.

Indeed mate, want to stay away for at least 2 months. Ideally, If I could do it once every 6-8 weeks that would be great but I realise how unrealistic that is ha!

For me MD is a relationship with music and clubbing - anyone else feel this?

You have built those associations, rewired your reward circuits. It wont be quite the same without. The longer you stay away from it the less intense the desire will be. Time is the only thing that will allow you to shed those associations. What do you mean by the downside is that they destroy your sex drive? The drugs themselves? Or not using the drugs?

Sorry - to clarify, sex drive is much better OFF drugs. Penis is basically non-existent on :p

I know how you feel with respect to your original sentiment, ants. I noticed in rehab after going 85 days clean that my cravings were only getting worse and needed to be satiated ASAP. Sobriety can be hell, but then again, so can using drugs. Take your pick, really.