Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The 'modern' Lysergamides, a few questions

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
I may have this incomplete, but since ~2013-14 the following Lysergamides have come on to the market;

LSZ
Al-LAD
1P-LSD
ALD-52 (also called 1A-LSD?)
ETH-LAD
1P-ETH-LAD

A lot of these have come about because of Alexander Shulgin's work (may he rest in peace) and perhaps some newly developed synthetic methods.

I've heard of, but am not aware of PARGY-LAD and a few others. Are there any more that I've missed in this list?

I've tried LSZ. AL-LAD, 1P-LSD and ETH-LAD, but not the others. Are the subjective effects from 1P-ETH-LAD and ALD-52 substantially the same as the others, or is there anything unique that would set them apart?

From my perspective, LSZ (at 75, 150 or 225 ug) was underwhelming and ETH-LAD (at 100 ug) was just about perfect. AL-LAD was nice, but started to get difficult above 400 ug, and ETH-LAD/AL-LAD at 75 ug/75 ug had me almost comatose.

Any comments welcome.

Tom

1P-ETH-LAD metabolizes into ETH-LAD and ALD-52 and 1P-LSD metabolize into LSD so they really aren't that unique. There was some supposed PARGY-LAD available that turned out to be a mixture of AL-LAD and LSZ.

There is another one called LSM-775, Lysergic Acid Morpholide, that has been available for the past few years but nobody ever mentions it. It's interesting but causes bad nausea. It's pretty unique compared to the other ones.

There was some supposed PARGY-LAD available that turned out to be a mixture of AL-LAD and LSZ.

There also was some fake LSB (Lysergic Acid Butylamide) that turned out to be an NBOMe.

Not exactly a lysergamide, but relatively recently a substance called NDTDI appeared on the market, which is essentially an "unconstrained" LSD analogue where one of the rings in the structure has been opened. Pretty much turned out to be a dud though (doses would probably be around ~10 mg, which is too high for it to justify the expensive synth).
Some people also had high hopes for Ru-28306 (again, not a lysergamide, but an attempt at creating a new class of of "conformationally constrained" tryptamines). Unfortunately another dud though - while active, the effects seemed to be rather undesirable, like sedation and memory loss/sleepwalking.

Some people also had high hopes for Ru-28306 (again, not a lysergamide, but an attempt at creating a new class of of "conformationally constrained" tryptamines). Unfortunately another dud though - while active, the effects seemed to be rather undesirable, like sedation and memory loss/sleepwalking.

I had high hopes for RU-28306, hadn't heard anything on it. That does sound crappy.

PRO-LAD seemed like it was right around the corner from being produced, but unfortunately with the chemists shutting down production of ETH-LAD and AL-LAD, that seems even more unlikely now.

I had high hopes for RU-28306, hadn't heard anything on it. That does sound crappy.

There's a short trip report on a Swiss forum. Apparently someone took approximately 1.6 miligrams and experienced an acid-like come-up followed by a peak that felt more like DMT but with enhanced libido and very intense sedation (they fell asleep on a park bench minutes after hitting the peak). While tripsitting others they noted that people would first fall into a fitful sleep, then get up and sleepwalk to the fridge, then fall into a deeper slumber with REM sleep.

All in all their verdict was that it "lacked spiritual potential" and was more of a "(date-?) rape thing" that probably shouldn't be sold to the general public.

There's a substance in TIHKAL called 5-Meo-pyr-T that Shulgin reported a similar kind of sedation with.

PRO-LAD seemed like it was right around the corner from being produced, but unfortunately with the chemists shutting down production of ETH-LAD and AL-LAD, that seems even more unlikely now.

From what I've read they did actually produce a small test batch, and decided there just wasn't anything special about it that would justify the cost of mass-producing it.

I have only second-hand experience with RU-28306. a friend of mine took somewhere around 1mg and had a
very uncomfortable experience.. light psychedlic effects along with heavy sedation, nausea and
a general uncomfortable feeling.. His description of the experience was that he poisened himself in the name of science!
The material at hand was genuine RU-28306 confirmed by NMR spectroscopy.
In regards to NDTDI I have personally tried 5mg and did not get more than light threshold tryptamine kind of effects..
Again the material at hand underwent NMR spectroscopy and turned out to be pure..

I've stuck with the Lysergamides because, rightly or wrongly, I perceive them to be very safe (physically at least). I never managed to try LSD, let alone purchase it until after having tried the ones I've mentioned. So I've come around to them fairly late in life.

About 3 years ago, there was a BL member (Hans Meyer) who had synthesized and tried a large number of NDEPA compounds, and I wasn't aware of anything earth shattering that came out of his work.

With these compounds, I don't feel compelled to use them, unlike with mushrooms where if they were in my house they would shortly end up in my stomach. I feel capable of restraint on Lysergamides.

Tom

Yeah hans was an interesting case, lots of new information there. He stated that he only took threshold doses and then stopped, I can't remember if it was due to health purposes or what but he did establish the dosage thresholds... I think we can't read too much into whether the compounds are interesting or not though as not many things are that interesting at threshold doses.

That's interesting, for me, lysergamides are much more compelling to use on a moment's notice. Despite the increased duration, I find LSD and its cousins pretty stress-free and recreational, whereas mushrooms and other tryptamines are more serious and a lot more psychologically intense.

Has anyone ever had an experience with pro lad? It's one I've been interested in trying for awhile now

Someone did post about PRO-LAD a little while back, I think in one of the social threads. Wish I could remember who and when.

I remember that... but details of my memory are equally useless.

I'm fascinated by ETH-LAD because every time I've take it, I've had a very Salvia like response to it; meaning zero to infinity in an instant. All the other Lysergamides, including LSD gave me a very slow burn and development, which allowed me to become accustomed to them without difficulty. ETH-LAD has always been one hour of waiting and having nothing happen and then full development in a very short time.

I guess that's why I'm wary of combo'ing ETH-LAD with anything (although a very small part of me wonders about Salvia while peaking on ETH-LAD).

Tom