• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

The Missing Link in Psychedelic Chemistry

blueberries

Bluelighter
I recently found the Swiss Target Predictor and have been using it almost constantly ever since! However I recently started thinking about that old, old article about Todd and Skinner and how they created a masterpiece that they unofficially called "The Beast". I first thought that it was the 5-Fl group that was special, so I put it in the Swiss Target Predictor and got some results . It seemed fairly legitimate, interesting but not necessarily "Beastly"!

So I went back, reread the article and found that it wasn't the 5 position as it should be (logically) but the 6 (aka: the 5-position on PEAs). So I put this in and came back with some very interesting results:

This seems like an incredible compound and perhaps even the start of a novel group of compounds. I then Swiss Target Predicted the Bromo and Ethyl versions and they're both very viable and probably much more potent in the same general sense that 2C-B and 2C-E are vs. 2C-F (1-3mg and 2-6mg respectively if you take 250mg to be the minimum dose for 2C-F). Finally I tried 6-Fl-b-Me-T and it too displayed marked hallucinogenic activity with an emphasis on S&D transporters.

Both the compounds and Swiss target predictions:

So, after having done this, I tried the opposite; Tryptamine chemistry on PEAs and it was /not/ what I expected at all; opioids!

Finally I turned it around once again to put the 5-Et group on Amphetamine. Now, while you should probably be a bit careful as it's an MAOI, it also is an S&D transporter, an HT2a, b and c agonist and a sigma agonist:

IMO this is just the beginning of possibly three or more novel groups of compounds, two psychedelic groups, an opioid group and most definitely many, many more alterations in the future.

Interesting. Of course, a predictive model can't ascertain a real world result. I'd be curious about 5-sub-AMT analogues though, as 5-MeO-AMT is a very potent psychedelic, far more psychedelic than AMT is (AMT is more of an empathogen than a psychedelic in my experience... love it so much, but 5-MeO-AMT is way tripper). Curious about other 5-subs for AMT (or really, any tryptamines... the only 5-subs I am aware of having subjective reports on have a methoxy on there, except for bufotenine, 5-HO-DMT, which is similar and yet very different from both DMT and 5-MeO-DMT. I have never heard of any other groups or atoms on the 5-position.

Also curious about 4-HO or 4-AcO-AMT.

Both the compounds and Swiss target predictions:

Your "indole" is no longer aromatic because there need to be 3 double bonds on the six-membered ring. Yours only has two, which significantly changes its 3-dimensional geometry, and therefore its pharmacology - it is therefore not a tryptamine. I suggest re-inputting the correct (i.e. aromatic) structure.

That 5-Fl-aMT is literally the only time I messed up through the entire thread. Congrats for spotting it! At the end of the day though, it's not a huge mistake, you get what I'm trying to say and agree, yes? Or no?

Also I now understand just how flawed the STP actually is (try putting barbiturates through it!). You are correct, it says nothing of the dose too, which /is/. slightly annoying but for these compounds, I don't think they'd ever go below maybe 1mg (unless it has something to do with triple fluoros) but also don't think they could be higher than 20mg so we'll just have to wade through ala Shulgin but the point is; we know /something's/ there and it displays marked hallucinogenic activity with hundreds of possible combinations to test; 1 by 1.