• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Mighty Boosh (BBC3)

TheDeceased

Ex-Bluelighter
Most of you are probably aware of this little gem. Those who aren't should check it out. Especially if:

a. You like drugs.
b. You like music.
c. You like dark, disturbing humour.
d. You are a fan of off-beat shows like Monty Python's Flying Circus or The Goodies.
e. You have ever been raped by some kind of amusing, half-human freak.

It's pretty inconsistent. Some episodes aren't great -so don't give up on it straight away. It's a bit of an acquired taste.

But as far as I'm concerned it's one of the best things on Television at the moment... and it's basically the only show that exists these days following in the footsteps of great BBC classics like The Young Ones..

Simon_from_Frisky_Dingo_BOOSH_by_tacoboy101.jpg

yeah English comedy rocks
I was really into this show a while back how good is it!
me and some friends went to the extreme of making a Facebook account as Milky Joe and adding all our friends and heaps of other randoms and everyone was like "who the hell is this milky joe?!" then we organised a party by him and alot of people turned up and realised who was milky joe... a great idea started by a night getting wasted with facebook and the mighty boosh lol
also the IT Crowd is awesome

the couple of episodes i have seen make me want to find more.

that's the worst case of chokes i've ever seen!

Yeah i really enjoy the mighty boosh, great stuff throughout each series.

Good fun live aswell :)

Yeah I thought the Live show was perhaps better than most of the episodes. Probably the best stage version of a BBC show. Up there with the first Bottom Live back in 1993.

Can you do a poll for a TV show?

Some episodes aren't great

LIES!!

But it is an acquired taste :)

The Milky Joe and Old Gregg episodes are 2 of the funniest things I have EVER seen in my whole entire life.

You know what the only problem is though?? I enjoyed it too much, I've watched every single episode of all 3 seasons at least 6-7 times each, plus the live DVD, and now I can't watch it anymore...ruined.
It's going to be a good couple of years before I can watch it again!

Thanks for suggesting IT crowd, itsWill
Loved it.

Just getting into Garth Marenghi's Darkplace which came before both Boosh and Crowd.
It's not available on DVD, but you can download it pretty easily. Great stuff.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0397150/

I need to get back in touch with BBC comedies.

I watched every episode of Boosh over a period of about 2 weeks, last month.

I'm so happy I did.

My favourite episode is Nanageddon from series 2, because of the back and forths between Tony Harrison and Saboo (the pink head and the shaman that he gets paired with).

"Thiis is an outraaaage!"

The newest episode that came on AdultSwim in America about the coconuts and vince and howard stranded on a island. lol i couldn't stop laughing AND I WAS BY MYSELF, i RARELY ever laugh that hard at a tv show when alone even when stoned. But yeah i watch this show every sunday night on adultswim and of course smoke b4 bed every night.

Yeah I love Saxondale - I made a thread about it a while back:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=425651

Good news for Mighty Boosh fans

There is a feature length Boosh movie in the works due for release sometime next year. I think I read that they're on hiatus from the show to work on the film and that they will be returning to do a 4th season after it's released... though my drug-addled brain tends to invent memories so don't quote me on this.

Here's the link to the film (not much info on it yet):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1238305/

Also, Rich Fulcher (the guy who plays Bob Fossil and co-creator of Snuff Box) is making a spin-off show that will revolve around the transexual character from the third season who says Helloooooooooooooooooo.

The show is called "Eleanor's Up and Coming"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1333728/

I'm not usually a fan of spin-off shows, so I'm not sure what it'll be like - but still it's Boosh related so I'm interested.

Last edited:
Just getting into Garth Marenghi's Darkplace which came before both Boosh and Crowd.
It's not available on DVD, but you can download it pretty easily. Great stuff.

Not a fan of The Mighty Boosh at all, but Garth Marenghi's Darkplace could be damn funny at times. It does wear thin pretty quickly though.

I couldn't get into it. I watched a few episodes on AdultSwim.com and figured it to be fuckin tarded. I left it at that. Im glad it's only on tv on Sunday at 1am

This falls in the same category as tim and eric; FUCKING STUPID. Its shit like this that is making watch adult swim less and less...

Adult swim, you fail

Of course it's stupid. One of the characters is a talking ape. But it's original and psychedelic. It beats the shit out of most of the carbon copy bullshit on television as far as I'm concerned. There aren't that many non animated, non skit based tv shows that are as weird as The Mighty Boosh. The 'Eels' episode was one of the most fucked up things I've ever seen on television.

This show is unlike any other in that if you are sober, it is horrible, but if you are not sober, it's perfect. It's tailor-made for stoners, but as a non-stoner I still get a kick out of it if I have been drinking. Though I am partial to the first season. I loved the zoo. Why did thay have to take the zoo away :(

This show is unlike any other in that if you are sober, it is horrible, but if you are not sober, it's perfect. It's tailor-made for stoners, but as a non-stoner I still get a kick out of it if I have been drinking. Though I am partial to the first season. I loved the zoo. Why did thay have to take the zoo away :(

I've watched every episode of Mighty Boosh while sober. I don't need drugs to enjoy it at all.

^Yeah, neither do I... but it is much better while under the influence of some sort of psych.

Yah i can enjoy the mighty boosh while sober too, but i also love watching adult swim while im smokin a bowl