• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

The Mega Merged Drug Busts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
holy moly that is a speed ball freaks wet dream i was just sitting her thinking how long i could self medicate with that brick 600g of coke and 500g of smack would keep me pretty busy for a while

A while shit id be high for a week j/k i know i would die when i took the first hit... As i drool like homer.

Clerk Of Caught

Clerk Of Caught
NYC man busted for selling pot from federal courthouse office

JUNE 30--A Brooklyn man was arrested yesterday for actually running a marijuana sales operation out of the clerk's office in the Manhattan federal courthouse. According to the below criminal complaint, file clerk Nikolas Morales sold $10 dime bags to a confidential witness working with federal investigators. Morales was hit with a felony drug rap for his efforts, which occurred in a building populated with federal prosecutors, judges, FBI and DEA agents, and other assorted law enforcement personnel. To his credit, though, Morales advised his customer--who was wearing a government wire--not to toke near the courthouse due to the elevated fuzz quotient. Instead, Morales suggested that the purchaser head to the vicinity of a nearby C-Town supermarket where, presumably, the coast was clear.

The smoking gun is there.....

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0630051potclerk1.html

10kg Heroin 'Dropped'

KUNMING, July 13 (Xinhuanet) -- The frontier guards in Ruili City of southwest China's Yunnan Province have cracked a major drug trafficking case, seizing 10,050 grams of heroin, said sources with the city's frontier defense brigade.

At 21:30 on July 10, the city's frontier defense brigade was tipped by the local residents on a possible drug deal, and immediately sent out detectives to the informed site, about 400 meters east to the gate of the Jinyuan Hotel in the city.

However, before the detectives could spot the suspected drug trafficker, a man suddenly dropped a carton in his hands and fled the site. The frontier guards later found 25 blocks of heroin weighing 10,050 grams in the box, but failed to apprehend the suspect, who was believed to have crossed the national boundary.

Ruili is located on the borders of China and Myanmar.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2005-07/13/content_3215987.htm

wow that is a but load of dope 8o

i bet someone has serious splainin to do today in fact i bet someone is dead as a result of this:( 8o

HEROIN WAS HIDDEN IN A BOWL OF PORRIDGE
By Raymond Shewan
12 July 2005

Police found heroin with a street value of £900 hidden in a bowl of porridge during a drugs raid on an address in Elgin.

They also discovered two sets of scales and £270 in cash in Ryan Hoskins's home at xx xxxxxxx Drive.

Yesterday Hoskins, 30, was jailed for 18 months when he admitted on indictment being involved in the supply of heroin on September 15 last year.

He was told by Sheriff Ian Cameron that he was a persistent criminal who had the disadvantage of having a significant record.

Sheriff Cameron said although he did not have a bad record for drugs offences, he had become concerned in supplying heroin, a class-A drug which is "horrendously addictive and can lead to immense despair and degradation".

The court heard police, acting on information, had executed a drugs search warrant at Hoskins's home where they found him in the kitchen in the company of some others.

Fiscal depute Geoff Main said Hoskins was asked if there were drugs on the property but he said there were none.

However, a plastic container was discovered in a bowl of what appeared to be porridge.

Mr Main said it was found to contain around 6.5g of diamorphine.

Defence solicitor Jim McKay said that at the time of the offence Hoskins had been acting as a single parent while his partner was serving a jail sentence.

"He was struggling with problems of opiate addiction at the time and trying very hard to get off the drug," said Mr McKay.

He said Hoskins had since successfully completed a methadone programme and had managed to get a part-time job with a building firm.

Mr McKay said it was accepted that Hoskins had an extensive and lengthy record, mainly for crime of dishonesty and road traffic offences, although he had largely stayed out of trouble since 2000.

In view of the absence of previous convictions for drugs offences, Mr McKay urged Sheriff Cameron to deal with the case by imposing a meaningful fine or community service work. But the sheriff said he was unable to deal with it other than by custody because of Hoskins's record and the gravity of the offence.

Link

NSW Central Coast, Australia

Raid nets $20m drug haul
July 26, 2005

POLICE have dismantled an elaborate drug laboratory on the New South Wales Central Coast after a raid which uncovered amphetamines worth about $20 million.

Strike Force Olea, set up to investigate drug activity in the area, uncovered $10 million worth of amphetamines ready for street sale from an agricultural shed on Wiseman's Ferry Road at Maroota on July 18.

Production appeared to be underway for another batch of the drug also thought to be worth $10 million.

But the ring responsible for the drug operation has so far escaped detection.

Detective Inspector Paul Willington of the Drug Squad said today 150,000 crushed-up cough and cold tablets were found at an elaborate lab and a further 50,000 tablets were also discovered.

Det-Insp Willington said police found drums of methylated spirits, large quantities of Demazin, Telfast, Sudafed and Dimatapp gelcaps on the property.

They also seized distillation equipment, a steam generator and large containers of waste.

"There was enough waste actually seeping through the floorboards to actually form a stalactite of methylamphetamine waste," he said.

Detective Inspector Brett McFadden said the dismantling of the lab took four days due to the size and complex set up.

"This was a well-established and sophisticated operation which had the potential to sell $20 million worth of speed on our streets," he said.

"No arrests have been made at this stage but a number of inquiries are in place to identify those responsible for setting up the lab and manufacturing the drugs."

Police intelligence and evidence suggested the tablets were being sourced from local pharmacies, he said.

From News.com.au/AAP

EDIT: follow-up

Man charged over $20m speed haul
July 27, 2005

A MAN will appear in court today in connection with a $20 million drug bust on a property north of Sydney.

Police yesterday revealed they had dismantled a clandestine drug laboratory at Maroota, where they allegedly found in a farm shed $10 million worth of amphetamines ready for street sale.

About 200,000 cold tablets were found at the lab and production appeared to be underway for another batch of the drug, also thought to be worth $10 million.

Police said the ring responsible for the drug operation had escaped detection until yesterday.

But the breakthrough came last night when a 30-year-old man was arrested at a home at St Marys, in Sydney's west.

He was remanded in custody and will appear in Penrith Local Court today to face charges of manufacturing a large commercial quantity of a prohibited drug.

From News.com.au/AAP

Last edited:
What do you suppose he thought would happen?

SAN ANTONIO, Texas (Reuters) - A Texas man was arrested on Monday after calling police to complain about the theft of his marijuana, authorities said.

Stephen Knight, 17, said three men had broken into his apartment, hogtied him with Christmas lights and stole some marijuana, along with a plasma screen television, police said.

Police are looking for the suspects. In the meantime, they arrested Knight after finding several marijuana plants growing under heat lamps in the apartment, four grams of harvested marijuana and a tablet of ecstasy, Officer Chad Ripley said.

Knight said the men barged into his home early on Monday morning demanding, "Where's the weed?," according to San Antonio police.

Originating url: http://go.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=9181233&src=eDialog/GetContent

Police: Ice Cream Truck Sells Drugs
Undercover Officers Allegedly Witness Drug Deal
August 2, 2005

CINCINNATI -- An ice cream truck was selling more than Popsicles and sugar cones Tuesday. Police believe drugs were being sold from the truck, News 5's Emily Longnecker reported.

Officials said shortly after 2 p.m., police received a call to search a white ice cream truck on Reading Road near Burton Avenue for drug activity.

Undercover officers watched the truck and eventually witnessed two people take items that clearly weren't ice cream from the truck, police said.

Police stopped the two men, one of whom was a 17-year-old boy. The other person, Larry Collier, ran from police, who used a Taser gun to apprehend and arrest him.

Investigators said they found a 45 mm handgun and a half kilo of cocaine on Collier. Police also found crack on the 17-year-old suspect, Longnecker reported.

Police then stopped the truck to search for drugs. A police K-9 was brought in to assist in the search, but no drugs were found. Officials said the dog located a trace of drugs, which meant the truck could have been used in transporting drugs previously.

The driver of the drug was arrested on outstanding warrants not related to the alleged drug activity.

Police said the investigation is ongoing.

Link

^ Is it me or has the news been full of stories about cops and tasers lately?

Indianapolis: Hidden drugs discovered in truck trailer

Indianapolis, Aug. 9 - "It's going to ruin somebody's day obviously," says Indiana State Trooper C. Todd Wix.

The reverse is true for the State Police and it's drug dog Max, who are literally drooling over the find they made on Tuesday morning.

"In this instance you just feel like you've done a great job and it was a good night, basically," adds Wix.

Just before three a.m., two State Police troopers and Max were making a routine check of an area off I-465 and Harding Avenue when they saw a trailer that was standing alone and not connected to a tractor.

At first glance it appeared empty. But the exterior of the trailer measured 53 feet, inside it measured only 48.

"We were able to locate a hidden compartment in the vehicle that contained approximately 1,000 pounds of marijuana. It was based off of Max's nose to get us to that point."

The storage area contained 20 bundles of marijuana with a street value of about $650,000 to $1 million.

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=3701743&nav=9Tahd8br

Glasgow Evening Times
11 August 2005

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/news/5042194.html

Six years for £1m ecstasy stash man

A DRUG trafficker who had ecstasy with a street value of more than £1million hidden in a flat has been jailed for six years.

Hugh Pickett, 36, was caught with 276,000 of the pills during a police raid at a flat in Millarston Court, in Paisley, in February.

He had earlier admitted being concerned in the supply of the drug. At the High Court in Edinburgh, his agent, Martin Jones QC, said his client's role had been limited to that of acting as "storekeeper" for the haul of drugs after an approach was made to him.

He said the father-of-two was to have received £500 for his role in the operation. The defence counsel said by pleading guilty Pickett had prevented "a lengthy and expensive trial".

Lord Philip told Pickett that if the case had gone to trial he would have been jailed for eight years.

Co-accused Alexander Douglas, 45, of Pollok, Glasgow, was jailed for three years and nine months after being caught as he tried to collect a 79-kilo consignment of cannabis.

The court heard that Douglas, a first offender, was due to collect and deliver the drug - which was later seized by police - in return for £250.
Douglas, had earlier admitted being concerned in the supply of cannabis.
A third man, Gary Sorbie, 40, of Milton, Glasgow, who also admitted involvement in cannabis supply, was jailed for three years.

anyone who keeps drugs in their house deserves to be caught, thanks. people need to act like Pirates and bury their treasure till the moment its needed. make like a psychopath, dismember and bury your dirty deeds.

Does anyone have the name of an 18 year old kid arrested I beleive November 20th, 2002, in Baltimore, with 60 million dollars of PCP in his parents basement? At the time, I beleive 18 he was protected under young offenders act or whatever where they cant list the youths name, but is there anyway to get his name now that hes old enough? Hes in jail (obviously). Just want his first/last name if theres anyway to find out.

I cant even find much on the article no more, I beleive when the news broke it was somone on BL who posted it, some US gov site says the following;

"Maryland: On November 20, 2002, the Baltimore City Police Department seized a PCP laboratory operating in a residential neighborhood of the city. Baltimore City officers, along with agents from DEA, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), and the Maryland Department of the Environment, confiscated 30 gallons of liquid PCP and 180 gallons of precursor chemicals from the basement of a private residence. Sections of the city were cordoned off because of the explosive nature of the chemicals."

I recall the news article stated the man arrested was 18 years old and it was his parents house and they supposedly didint know what he was doing, and the DEA declared street value (with precursors = full product) of something like $60 million.

yeah....i'm sure trailers containing 1000 lbs. are "abandoned".

my guess is the cops knew there were drugs in it.

they probably had the trailer staked out for a couple days waiting for some1 to come and pick it up and when no1 did they finally decided to go ahead and search the trailer.

maybe the reason no1 came to pick it up was because they saw the cops had it staked out.

anyway, i'm fairly sure cops don't go around measuring the dimensions of trailers at 3:00 a.m.

also, it must have been shwag.

they said a street value of $650,000 - $1,000,000.

1,000 lbs @ $1,000 = $1,000,000.

shwag.

Status
Not open for further replies.