Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️

• Total voters

TexUSA

Bluelighter
IMO, the best film ever made! This is my favorite scene even though the lobby shootout was a very close 2nd...

[Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill?]

Oh damn! Almost forgot the scene about saving Morpheous..., which one is best??
~~~~

The thing I find so amusing about the matrix, is how many people don't register that when our heros slaughter hundreds upon hundreds of cops, they're not killing video game characters. They're murdering real people with families and loved ones who were just doing their job.

Enlightening people about that fact is always good for a laugh. :D

it's mirroring the Book of Revelation. if you're not saved, when the apocalypse comes you fight for the devil.

christianity often isn't forgiving, despite all its talk about grace.

it's mirroring the Book of Revelation. if you're not saved, when the apocalypse comes you fight for the devil.

christianity often isn't forgiving, despite all its talk about grace.
You're absolutely right. If you haven't already done it; Google biblical references in The Matrix. There are lots & lots of biblical references in the movie.
Don't get me wrong; I pray every day but there's a huge difference between religion & true spirituality.
One of my favorite quotes from Morpheus was, "But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it".

Here's a link to 1 of those sites I mentioned. There are many. This one just happens to be the 1st one I pulled up. ----> http://www.awesomehouse.com/parallels.html

Last edited:
The thing I find so amusing about the matrix, is how many people don't register that when our heros slaughter hundreds upon hundreds of cops, they're not killing video game characters. They're murdering real people with families and loved ones who were just doing their job.

Enlightening people about that fact is always good for a laugh. :D
Hey JessFR, I see the point you're trying to make. I've seen this movie close to 100 times & studied it's biblical references quite extensively. It's been a lot of fun. But back to your post, let's not forget one crucial aspect of what you're saying. To keep it simple, remember what Trinity said to Cypher, "Trinity: The Matrix isn't real." :cool: :D

My favourite scene is super brief but it's where he's talking to the bald kid who's bending spoons at the oracle's office. I also enjoyed most of the scenes where he talks to the oracle herself.

I'm not a big fan of gun fight scenes as guns strike me as a very boring plot device. These people are supposed to be able to bend the laws of the Matrix, especially Neo... and they are always in these intense gun battles. Zzzzzz

Part 2 wasn't bad philosophically speaking, but both parts 2 and 3 were awful plot wise and kind of sullied the first one IMO.

^the people dying in it are though. you die in the matrix; you die in the pod. only the agents are programs.

Exactly, and based on everything we see, when they go and slaughter like 40 people to rescue Morpheus, that's 40 people in pods somewhere dead. :)

It doesn't even matter, if you kill an agent, you've STILL killed a human being somewhere. Agents literally take over the avatars of real people.

Over the course of the movie that's a lot of people with families and loved ones gunned down without a thought in the world by our protagonists.

I kinda wanna rewatch this trilogy, but it's depressing knowing it ends on a down note.

^Never could finish the third movie. 2 was bad and 3 sucked so hard I just couldn't keep going. And I have the whole trilogy on DVD and have for a decade lol.

The first movie as a base philosophical concept was intriguing and is a favorite of mine. My favorite scene is definitely the scene at the Oracle's with the kid bending the spoon.

This post may not be of interest to others. It includes some of my internal/personal experience, and "synchronicity"/coincidence (but I try to keep that at a minimum).

In a part just before Neo takes the red pill, on the way there-there is a street sign viewable with the name, Albany. This means "white", or "white place". There is also a sign with Albany of Wabash, which means "pure white", "it shines white", ""water over white stones". At around this time, that the signs are seen, the "bug"/implant is removed from Neo's navel/belly-button, captured at 1,488 seconds into the film. I have thought that this was a sort of joke, because '1488' is known as a "white supremacist", "neo nazi" symbol, sometimes written 14/88, referring to the Fourteen Words, and 88 Precepts (some have considered 88 to be for HH, or 'Heil Hitler'), by David Lane, of The Order. The relation of the navel with what the 14 words say, about "white children" (a future for...), it is not far - I consider.

Neo-Nazis also coincidentally, like many so-called right-wingers (not to say they're "right-wingers" - I also have a problem with the terminology to begin with - Nazi, although it's apt in respects, I guess, on many occasions, and with these people being associated as "so right wing") use the terms "blue pill" and "red pill", saying they are "red pilling" people, sometimes. People "on the right" have also used "black pill" and "white pill", the black being basically that we're fucked, and the white, that there is hope, or we are okay, just to expand a bit.

I don't know if it was intentional or not, the bug scene, with the bug being released and captured happening at 1,488 seconds into the film, but one time when I was writing about it, and 'Albany' on Facebook, I got offered a route going to New Albany, that the company I work for just picked up - that I noticed that day-- one of the days I was typing about it. That is just some synchronicity... Something I was perceiving, coincidentally coming into my reality in a different way. I was following "229" throughout the film, seeing what was going on in scenes at 69 seconds, 109 seconds, 149 seconds, 229 seconds, 349 seconds, 549... (69 seconds is 1:09, 109 seconds is 1:49, 149 seconds is 2:29...), but I wonder if the timing was more in alignment with "23" - a number that was the first number that I was drawn to, to think there was something to, spiritually, a pattern, or something, seeing "synchronicity" with it. This would make sense if it was 23, many films and musics tend to use this number, in ways. So the timing could be more geared to relatives of 230 (however, 69 is 23x3...I don't know), what I saw.

One of the timings (following 229...) aligned to just about when the lightning bolt when the car that Neo rides in to see Morpheus to make the choice between the red or the blue pill. 229 I have made associations with-with an isomer of Thorium, Thorium 229m, which has been studied for use in a nuclear clock, and as a qubit for quantum computing. But the bolt was a little off from a timing that would be aligned to 229 (which would be 24:09, or , more aligned to one aligned with '230'. I have found value in looking at it both ways. Following this, the last possible permutation of numbers this way - through time as can be found in the film aligns with when Neo asked what The Oracle said to Trinity, and as she is about to say, before he is told by Morpheus that she is ready for him, Neo says "what?", at about 1:09:09; This is the last time mutating from 69 (which is as seconds equal to 1:09, and 109 seconds is equal to 1:49...), or 229 that can be found in the film.

I have also joked to myself how Neo at the end of the trilogy becomes blinded. He "Neo Not-see", but then he does in some way (see).

David Lane of The Order is also from Wodin, IA (Odin, chief Norse god), which had 229 people in the last census (2010).

Also, though, I am not saying that this was any direct reference. I don't know how much of it was intentional, or not, but "Nazis" related a certain group as parasites ("bugs"), and something associated with them, Zion, is something they save at the end of The Matrix, as it is the last place in the real world humans survive (and all races, or people of all "groups" exist there). And Neo is himself played by a man who is part "White", and part Chinese, and apparently they approached Will Smith (a black man) for the role, before, and again many of the people in the film are not "White". It could just be "coincidence" - at least in the sense that it wasn't planned, but I don't know.

As far as a favorite scene, it might be at about 1:09:09(?).

- - -

Later edit: I left for work after making this post, above, and as I entered onto the state road that I first get on to go there, just up the road near a house/farm for people I know whose last name is Luking ("light") and after a road with a name I most associate (currently, as it has been) with a photographer in town that was very active with our schools, I saw a man walking on the side of the road, where I can't recall seeing anyone walking before, and he had the number 69 on his shirt, which was an orange jersey, with the name White above it. As I had just come from writing about a time including 69 (being the lowest time/number mentioned), and 'White', I considered this coincidence.

A woman who was at a place that I go to for work said she was from New Jersey, tonight. She said that I would really like it. I haven't had much conversation with any of the residents in buildings where I go to to deliver -- this was the most detailed with her. She said that she moved out here to be closer to her daughter when her eyes went bad. She is old, was born there, and I imagine would like to go back. A black man - a nurse in the unit who was near us signing for the things I was bringing chimed in and said that our homes are always holding a special place to us. He is African.

I also considered, what if the 1488 reference was intentional - and yes perhaps there is more to it, but what if The "Matrix" is a reference to "white supremacy"? Every agent is a "white man", and Agent Smith is obsessed with his own identity, in some way, as he copies himself over and over again.. I don't know. Smith is like a "virus". But life is that way. Memes/genes. Copying.

I looked up "white 69" (Google), curious who this "White" person was who must wear the number 69, and in the results nothing jumped out right away, until the end result on the first page, which was for a tobacco product called ODENS 69 EXTREME WHITE DRY PORTION. I had just come from writing about Odin, in some respect. Later, I considered the "dry" of this with Zion, as the etymology I have read may reference dry land - which may be like solid ground amidst a sea (of chaos? and religion as opposed to none, law as opposed to lawlessness) ... but these are just thoughts.

At the top of the search results was the Wikipedia entry for Tekashi69. As I looked closer, I thought about the way the name starts, with the "Tech"-sound, and he is referenced as having rainbow colored hair (relating light).

Another result in the search is an article about a black man named George W. McLaurin who won a case in the supreme court that allowed him to go to school at University of Oklahoma, where only white people before could go. The author somewhat interestingly, a black man, advocates despite that "victory" that black people should still self-segregate, and instead go to black colleges, "where they are loved".

The last person I interacted with on my route was a very kind black woman, who showed me once her new watch on a night of a day that I was trying to relate times in the same way I have here, but different times, as related from Back to The Future, related to a post someone made on Facebook in a group, and later that night met a female for a date, who I found was born October 7th - a date I had remembered was the correspondent date to the Hebrew calendar's epoch date. Tonight she signed paperwork with a time of 22:22, and noted it to me- The first time she has done this (or that any have, since I started doing this job in 2012, that I remember).

I belong to a forum when my Facebook account is activated for Synchronicity (it is named this), and some people think that we are living in a kind of simulation, kind of like The Matrix perhaps - One possible attempt to explain synchronicity as some of us might experience it. I don't know.

Last edited:
i have a good friend who is obsessed with the number 23. so they see, and point it out, everywhere. you two would get along. they'd say something about three after that.

^I'd be interested to hear/read their account. Feel free to relay - if they ever feel like sharing.