• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

the market: stocks, bonds, options, whatever

I still have 6 or so original BlackBerry smartphones, lol. The first smartphone which ended up getting destroyed by Apple in 2007

GMTCGrCWwAANcef

dealers loved those phones, partly for the keyboard but also for the security. i just liked the keyboards

mmm forbidden chiclets

Full disclosure: I'm about to join the Palantir bandwagon.

Palantir is up 8% today, in fact it's up 10% from where I brought it up here on Apr 26, just 10 days ago. And you know what that means boys and girls? It means that it's time for a trim!

Don't ride a stock all the way up only to ride it all of the way down.

Canada!

You heard about this stock here, on the Gordon Liddy Show!

What's with the flag? Neither of those corps are Canadian...

And am I the only one that thinks Palantir's CEO looks like a real life Wojak?

It's been slim pickings in equities this year. As much as pandemic lockdown sucked, it was a great time to buy everything

What's with the flag? Neither of those corps are Canadian...

True, but they should be! Next time you're on the phone with Karp, you should tell him this. Didn't they just move to Denver? Canada's better than Denver!

And am I the only one that thinks Palantir's CEO looks like a real life Wojak?

No! I mean, I never noticed. But Karp is odd looking. Everyone says so!

It's been slim pickings in equities this year. As much as pandemic lockdown sucked, it was a great time to buy everything

Yeah. Hey, do you have any feeling about Barrick?

Yeah. Hey, do you have any feeling about Barrick?

Not really, it's pretty stable I guess... TECK is probably better for growth potential but I got out of both so not following as closely now.

The one Canadian stock I think has real turnaround potential is Magna. It was nearly $100 (CAD) before Russia sanctions and still hasn't recovered yet, but it's a major player in the automotive supply chain and well integrated. Not a bad dividend nut either

Not really, it's pretty stable I guess... TECK is probably better for growth potential but I got out of both so not following as closely now.

Gotcha.

the automotive supply chain and well integrated. Not a bad dividend nut either

So you don't play defensives? Interesting. I'd say I'm like 15% to 20% defensives at the moment. Compare again Freeport-McMoran which also gives you copper exposure, but tends to perform co-phase with secular growth stocks. Ergot less defensive value because it's down when the markets down.

fuck yea - can finally unload these $GME bags.... Part of me wants to see what happens now that they can't *shouldn't be able to* take away the buy button - but greed is what got me last time and had kept me in the read for the better part of 2/3 years. What a feeling to finally be outproducing what a HYSA would've done for my play money account in the same time lol.

I loaded up in my IRA when I rolled over my 401(k) funds so my cost basis in there is fucking nice so I'll probably sell enough to cover my cost and see if this fucking rocket makes it to a moon landing or beyond...