View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Main Tripping in Secret Thread

Solipsis

Bluelight Crew
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/779303-Will-I-get-caught-tripping-while-parents-are-asleep

You know, we could really use a central thread with experiences of people tripping secretly, seeing what kind of shit happens and apparently how often may help so much more than us answering the question if you should be adult to trip.

Gonna make that thread myself, but I don't have time right now to actually make an OP

(My philosophy is: every perennial question needs a centralized thread, there are probably loads already I could mega-merge to fill this one but I'm lazy / dont have time / gtg / doesnt help with starting fresh discussion)

I've never had the courage to take psychedelics if I didn't have the house for myself. I remember holing my ass off on MXE few years ago though while my mom was sleeping in the next room. I was utterly fucked up, smoking weed from my window etc. It's a miracle I didn't get caught or anything. I could probably never be relaxed enough to enjoy tripping if I had to worry about parents or worry about anything actually.

I used to taker psychedelics in secret around my ex-girlfriend/wife for years. I did it because she early on shut down my attempts to be honest with her about it, and ridiculed me for wanting to trip, and prohibited me from doing so. I felt (rightly so) that it was not her right to dictate that to me. So for many years I hid it from her. Eventually it came to a head and was very painful for us both. It was part of the reason we split up, but not all (she was controlling and abusive). I don't regret doing the tripping as it was important to me, but what I do regret is not seeing the warning signs early on and ending the relationship before it progressed. If someone does not accept you tripping (assuming you're not being self-destructive about it of course), it's highly likely they're not the right person for you. Lying about it to your significant other is morally wrong, IMO. You have a greater obligation to being open and honest to a significant other than you do to anyone else, because you've agreed to share your life with them and be at that level of intimacy. If you find yourself lying to a SO about drug use, in my (experienced) opinion, it's a red flag that something is seriously wrong.

Lying to friends or family about it is a little different, more situationally dependent. If you're living under your parents' roof, and you have to hide it, then it probably means you should wait until you are living on your own. If you're an adult and you trip and your parents would be freaked out by that and it comes up and you lie, that's appropriate, I think. At that point, it's your business and by not revealing it to them you're just saving you and them pain.

I've been high on psychedelics in public countless times in the past. I consider that "tripping in secret" I guess because the other people around me didn't know I was high, for the most part. I've also been on LSD around my parents before but that was a lot more uncomfortable, and eventually I just retired to my bedroom and stayed there.

I brought doses with me to France a few years ago and tripped 2 separate days on the 12 day trip when I had to be around my parents. Both went fine, I don't think they ever had any idea that I was on LSD. First day we went to the military museum in Paris--that was fun to see all the weapons through history. That night I made the mistake of ordering steak for dinner, that was very difficult to eat. Second day tripping was in Normandy, the day we visited the D-Day beaches--I got to be tripping walking on Dog Green Sector Omaha Beach (Saving Private Ryan), now that was INTENSE.