View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

" The magical half dozen "

NamelessFace

Bluelighter
I was recently doing some research on what to try next, and I read the report on 2c-e. On the extensions and commentary he mentions about the magical half-dozen, and I was wondering if anyone knew what the other 5 are? There are alot of potent things out there so it would be hard to tell, and I haven't gotten a chance to read all of the reports yet. I was wondering if anyone out there could help me out?

It's been suggested that the other 5 are 2C-I, 2C-B, 2C-T-2, 2C-T-7, and Mescaline, but I'm not certain if that is factual or not.

Ez,

...Ad

Its interesting shulgin liked 2ct2 so much. I guess it does have something magical that the others don't. If only it wasn't for the prohibitive body load.

As far as 2ct2 goes, I think the body load is really depndent on the person. Some people have problems with it and others don't.

I've taken it up to 30mg so far with no signs of prohibitive body load. Personally I'm in love with 2ct2. Of the phenethylamines, I've also tried 2ci, 2ct21 and 2ce. I will be tasting 2cd within the next few weeks, but so far, 2ct2 is my favorite.

Thanks for that post GeorgiaPoppy. I have 100mg of forgotten 2ct2 laying around that I'll have to experient with. To much stuff to research. I'll have to schedule a break soon and have a non research weekend. Maybe alternating between PEAs and Tryptamines is enough? :cool:.

Work hard. Play hard. Enough said.

Last time i remember taking 2c-t-2, I took a 40mg strattera/atomoxetine (dr. quack sample pack) a couple hours or so beforehand, which seemed to totally block any "shakes" or other bad body feelings i'd usually get. My friend was wrapped in a blanket in the other room with the '2ct2 shakes' and passed on re-dosing (i forget what doses we took, but we had only taken 10mg max so far), we were going to take a part dose, then a while later take the other part to help with body load, but i didnt need it with the strattera and i felt the best i've ever felt on 2c-t-2. I think i dosed another 5-6mg and then again another 5-6mg sometime after. After my friend took a benzo, it was all fine then.

I would take this again someday, as long as i find one of those blue strattera's around here..or have to take a benzo of some kind, soma, a few beers..something. I have seen some awesome unique visuals off this, and wierd synthesia, that none of the others do (out of the PEAs, 2c-b, 2c-c, 2c-d, 2c-e, 2c-i, 2c-p, 2c-t-21, but i haven't tried 2c-t-7), if i try it again i'd be going for a higher dose but benzo/soma/whatever maybe even beta blockers who knows definitely gotta mix..

The only time I ever got the insane visuals and synthesia from 2ct2 was when I sniffed 10 mgs. The bodyload was crazy, but the visuals were ridiculous. I actually saw the words on the tv that people were saying as giant block letter words. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Now I'd be afraid to eat enough to see that, but it was insane. I don't sniff anymore for fear of a 2ct7 mishap.

My memory faintly recalls the magical half-dozen list as follows:

Mescaline, 2C-B, 2C-E, 2C-T-2, 2C-T-7, and DOM. I am pretty certain that all 6 are listed in some chapter within the PiHKAL novel. If only I could remember where. I am quite certain that 2C-I is not in the list.

i was pretty sure that 2C-I was also not on the list as well, and DOM seems like it would make sense.

yeah, i dont think he was TOO fond of 2c-i, but he definately liked DOB.

i vaguely remember 2c-t-7, 2c-t-2, mescaline, 2c-b, 2c-e, and DOB...

Was it DOB or DOM? Now I wish I could remember where to find the list in his text.

just look at the book. he lists the six. 2c-I sucked in his opinion; that was just a stupid guess ;)

I think they are the bold ones.

At least one chapter in PiHKAL novel, mentions he and his wife taking 2C-I doses (which they brought with them) while visiting Germany.

I don't recall in the novel what was said about 2C-I but in book II the comments suggest nothing like it "sucking" and nothing negative in the least, except to say that it is less sensual than 2C-B which they were very, very used to....

Lots of energy, conversation were extremely clear and insightful, degree of honesty was incredible, felt good, felt centered....

not exactly "sucky"

For me, mescaline/San Pedro is better than all the others rolled into one (and then some). Mescaline is so much better than the 2C's it's not even the same fucking sport.

Bump, and a little bit of a twist.....

List your 'magic half-dozen' phenethylamines*, preferred dosage, and (perhaps if you are so inclined) why you listed it....

2C-D: Potency way down, but all is made up for by being short and very easy on the body (save for maybe a bit of a tummy rumble and shakiness during the onset.) Very insightful but never difficult. Enjoyable visual properties, great colors, and all back home by T+4 hr. I like this one when I don't want to trip hard...great for hikes. I enjoy 40mg for a mellow +2, touching +3 at times during the short peak.

2C-E: A level of depth and utter profoundness rivaled only by LSD, visionary power only 2C-T-7 surpasses, intensity beyond belief while always remaining clear-headed, lucid, and (from my experiences anyway) forgiving. Emotionally neutral...can go dark or be warm depending on set and setting. I was lucky enough to be blessed by a +4 while on this one. 2C-E is among the best of the best. A full and powerful +3 is obtained with 16mg, and it's a great level.

2C-T-7: My favorite of all synthetics. Visionary properties that no other psychedelic I have yet tried(removing DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, and various combinations from the picture) can beat. Intense emotions of empathy, bliss, and inner peace that MDMA only hints at. Overall an intense psychedelic, but never forceful or dark. A bit rough on the body in the beginning, but it smooths out nicely into a warm inner glow at the peak. A bit of vomiting is also expected, but it is well worth the discomfort. I need around 30mg for a full +3, and dosages up to 50mg are well tolerated.

Mescaline: Never tried it because I am saving it for when it's time. But based on my love for the other PEAs...this one has to be the best.

DOM: Also never tried this one, but from everything I read and can understand based on my other PEA experiences...I know this one will be a winner.

2C-P: Also never tried it, but from what I read and based on the descriptions of others who have tried the same ones I do and who's feelings resemble mine...I bet this one will be a long, difficult, and wonderfully powerful experience.

I've also worked with 2C-B, 2C-C, 2C-I, 2C-N, 2C-T-2, and 2C-T-4. While I am rather fond of 2C-B and 2C-C, I simply can not put them in the same catagory as those above. They are both great sensory enhancers and euphoriants, but neither (even in the best of settings) has ever provoked the kind of insight, depth, and meaning I am opened up to with 2C-D, 2C-E, or 2C-T-7.

2C-I and 2C-N (one single experience) have proved to either be very insightful, very visionary, and just generally rewarding in various ways. But the headaches and excess stimulation of 2C-I, and the extreme gastitory disturbances I experienced with 2C-N keep them out. As for 2C-T-2 and 2C-T-4...neither really impressed me much and, in the case of 2C-T-2, are simply not worth the side effects.

*Since Shulgin did not include the entactogens (MDA, MDMA, methylone, etc) I will leave these out. But if they were to be included, all three I just mentioned would have to be squeezed in.

Last edited:
Nice accounts, MGS! I feel that the PEA's are more rewarding than the trpytamines for pleasurable, in-body experiences. At lower doses, anyway.

2C-D, imo, at doses ca. 80-120 mg has the ability to be just as astounding as 2C-E. Duration is about the same, with intensity being really remarkable. There is precedent for going that high. Besides the single report on PIHKAL of 150 mg ("a truly remarkable psychedelic, one which could compare favorably to 2C-B. There are intense colors, and I feel more would be too much"), Shulgin also refers to higher doses in TIHKAL. Under 4-HO-DET, he mentions that Hanscarl Leuner "apparently" pushed the dose into the 100's of milligrams with patients.

Also, re his opinion of 2C-I, Sasha says in PIHKAL that he would expect 2C-EF to be "every bit as much a treasure and ally as 2C-B or 2C-I". Not exactly a sucky assessment!

Finally, there is one other "drug" that I'd tentatively place in the upper echelons of PEA-dom, and that is the combination of 2C-E and 2C-I, which according to Shulgin should be regarded as a brand new drug. Not everyone seems to like it, but those that do seem pretty happy with it. Proceed with caution as with any RC that's "new" to you. Link to post and thread on BL:

2c-i & 2c-e combo

---
~~ gn2osis is an imaginary character in a novel-in-progress. everything he says is fictional ~~