• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin The madness of a heroin addiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kulvis

Greenlighter
Hi folks,

I won't give you a whole background but I have been using IV heroin for about 11 years now. The first 6 were daily, since then I have been on methadone and been able to curb my use to about once a week. This being said, I have a very high tolerance to opiates and my veins are incredibly bad. They are deep and they are small.

So now onto the meat of this story, I have been getting product from the same source for about 6 months now, once week or so. When I use it, sometimes I get a huge blast rush and very nice legs. Other times I get nothing, zero, zilch.

So what is bothering me is I usually do 3 bag injections and I only get about 6 bag at a time so I want the best bang for my buck. I am very very very careful about getting a register that will hold. My veins are awful, it takes me a good hour at times to find any kind of register. Now after I get a register I end up pushing the plunger in slowly and check about halfway though for a register. My veins are notorious for blowing and rolling. So I check and everything is perfect. I push it all in, and NOTHING.

This is where the insanity starts that is making me absolutely crazy and has been for years. I sit there and second guess myself, I think in my head "did the needle slip out, did the vein burst, etc". There will be other times I get giant rushes and am able to have a nice high. I am very in tune when it comes to pain at the site, if I feel it missing I immediately stop.

So now I sit here and say, "did I miss the shot and I just didnt feel it missing?". The idea that I wasted a shot that could have been a super nice rush and high makes me go off the rails. I spend the next days replaying in my head the shot and how it looked and felt. It is making me miserable and absolutely nuts.

Its likely that the product quality is just fluctuating. My brain will not listen to this or any rational thought. Could it just be me messing up? Even though I tested the register during the shot 3 times and didn't have any bulge or pain at the site well injecting?

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Also, my veins are such bullshit that there was a time that I got a nice solid register, and when I pushed in the vein burst slightly and just every so lightly pushed the needle out, but when I stopped pushing it would re register. Imagine how much bullshit that is. I HATE MY FUCKING VEINS.

Thanks for reading.

Hi Kulvis and Welcome to BL :)

I'd love to be of more help with your situation but these types of questions wind up in endless speculation as it's impossible for us to know if the H isn't very homogeneous, differing or poor quality, the shot is truly missed (though if you can re-register at 1 or 2 points during the injection it doesn't seem likely) or there's some other factor at work.

Even if other people share similar anecdotes there's little chance it's from the exact same scenario. Though I would ask you if the seemingly missed shots make you well fairly quickly, even without the rush. Also missed shots usually leave some evidence after extravasation type misses or an IM type absorption. I would also look into using .22um syringe filters to minimize harm. Again it's all blind speculation which is why I have to close this but I do hope you get to the bottom of what's going on, my guess would be issues with the H though.

Status
Not open for further replies.