The MA heroin thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn just did my hit of dope for what might be a while. Unless I hit a few grand on a scratch ticket, that is. Now the worst part of it all, the damn waiting game to take the Subs. I hagte it so much, a part of me wants to try to explore the options of the methadone clinic. hmmmm....

I absolutely hate having to wait through the agonizing pain to take the sub. I usually wait 22-24 hours. It sucks soo bad. I wish there was an easier way to transition. And then even after you start the subs ou still feel like shit.

Damn just did my hit of dope for what might be a while. Unless I hit a few grand on a scratch ticket, that is. Now the worst part of it all, the damn waiting game to take the Subs. I hagte it so much, a part of me wants to try to explore the options of the methadone clinic. hmmmm....

where you getting the subs? MGH program is what I am on and it's good for subs. what sucks is it takes some time to get it all set up before they actually start supplying any subox. not sure how much you use but shoot for the most possible at first. I started at 24 and down to 16 now. been going back and forth between 12-16 but think I'd rather just stay at 16 since it makes me feel "better".

I absolutely hate having to wait through the agonizing pain to take the sub. I usually wait 22-24 hours. It sucks soo bad. I wish there was an easier way to transition. And then even after you start the subs ou still feel like shit.

I never had to wait that long; I've been yelled at on here many times for saying it, but I always waited 12 hours after last use. I hate going into the sickness, so I take it after 12hrs and it's always worked for me.

I would for sure go into predetermined w/ds if I took it after 12 hours. Maybe you metabolize H super fast but that wouldn't work for me. I would be sicker than I was once the bupe rips off the opis from my receptors immediately. I hate how sub works like that.

I never had to wait that long; I've been yelled at on here many times for saying it, but I always waited 12 hours after last use. I hate going into the sickness, so I take it after 12hrs and it's always worked for me.

are you sure about that? did you ever try it before? people always talk about this predetermined withdrawals but I have NEVER seen it happen to myself or any friends who were also dope fiends. all of us would dable in both (dope and subs) ALOT. some mornings id wake up at 8, take 2-4Mg and then shoot dope by 6-7PM and feel it. the next morning I'd wake up again, take subox, and back to shooting by 6-7. but youre right, it must all depend on the person, but before you say that, give it a shot.

my buddy takes subs whenever...sick or not...between dope runs and he never got PRECIPITATED withdrawals...I think they say that so you don't go abusing them trying to get high off them. Another guy I know supposedly gets high off them; takes about 5 or 6 a day!! Idk whether he gets high on it but he claims to...8)

my buddy takes subs whenever...sick or not...between dope runs and he never got PRECIPITATED withdrawals...I think they say that so you don't go abusing them trying to get high off them. Another guy I know supposedly gets high off them; takes about 5 or 6 a day!! Idk whether he gets high on it but he claims to...8)

Precipitated withdrawals are certainly NOT a myth, so that's a pointless debate, whether you or anyone else has ever personally had them or not... (which is great for you because they suck) doesn't change the fact that tons of people have gone through it and they very much exist.

Everyones body is different. The way everyone metabolizes drugs is different. This also changes throughout your addiction. Many people who used to be able to go back and forth from bupe to dope, no PW's etc, can no longer do that after a period of time.

I used to be able to shoot dope before bed and take suboxone in the morning with no PW's and have it work perfectly... not anymore.

The fact of the matter is though that if you are psychically dependent on opiates and you take a large enough dose of bupe before they are totally gone from your system, you will go into PW's. There are a lot of factors at play though that influence the timing of when/how it's going to happen based on the individual.

And like I said.. how the bupe affects you changes the longer you use and the more times you switch back and forth between full agonists and suboxone.

I dont doubt that people have hard a "hard" time when taking them a bit early, but I think people go through MENTAL withdrawals more because of what they read on boards like this. even the Dr. tells you to wait around 12 hours or so for the first dose. yes, def. best to wait the full 24 but between myself and my other dope friends (at least 5) we all have taken them before the withdrawal has yet to hit. none of us has had any problems and all of us are what the definition of a junkie actually is (not anymore - so much).

Is this your first time even using Subox? Even when I was using my withdrawals wouldnt come on till about 16-24 hours after my last use. never had a problem like some have. I am sure it happens but I truly do think this "game" has alot to do w/ psychological affects as well.

But yea, to each their own. Everyone goes through this differently, I understand.

Best of luck, man.

Only a cocky amateur would think the precipitated withdrawals don't exist...Pretty much everyone can use the suboxone not long after the last time they used for the first few years...Try using the suboxone to not get sick on and off for a few years and see what happens... it will take 3 days for the suboxone to even work...

My fucking girlfriend can't even transition to Suboxone without being sick for almost 2 days....

It's usually a good idea to actually know what the fuck you're talking about before you make blanket statements about something....

yes, I am a SUPER COCKY amateur who has been addicted to opiates since he was 19 and I am now 31. I have been to 10+ rehabs, psych wards, jail, etc, and have used Subox since it first hit the market to help get by on the days where I didnt have the cash to score, so I could afford 5-10 bucks to get through a day and the very next morning, blast off! even in the recent years I was going back and forth between subox and dope daily. never and issue. NEVER AN ISSUE!

I also have weekly subox clinic meetings that I MUST attend; I hear story after story from OTHERS who are also using subox and using drugs, as well. NONE of them have mentioned the precipitated withdrawals. I am talking bigger junkies than I am and thats a HUGE JUNKIE!

But youre right, I am so brand new to this game and I am just making blanket statements.

Here is ONE thing that bothers me about us JUNKIES! why are we such pussies and SO SACRED to go through withdrawal? We are fucking SHOOTING HEROIN and NODDING OFF at times; but yet we dont want to be sick, feel like shit, and puke for a day or two? I'll never understand that fully. If you truly want to get sober you SHOULD be willing to do ANYTHING you can, so take the drug however you want, but dont always listen to what you read, its all based on YOURSELF and how YOU FEEL.

BlueHues - your GF goes through them? its a fucking woman. who knows how much she weighs but youre making this call based on your girl? come on. smarten up, kid.

BBT, I actually don't have a Dr right now, but I have a good amount saved from the last time I was getting them prescribed. I never used more than 4 mg a day, except the first 2 or 3 days when switching over, and was prescribed 8 mg a day so it was easy to stock pile some. I should be good for a while with what I got, but if I am intending to stay on for a while then I might need to get back to a doctor's office and get some more, or find some way to get them.

BTW, after I said it was my last dose I ended up finding a way to get my hands on some money and grabbed another bag. So I am moving that last dose thing to tomorrow at about the same time. I also never go much longer than 12 hours before taking Subs for the first time. Sometimes even less. I usually take my last dose at night and wake up in the morning around 10 hours later. I give myself about an hour to wake up and if I still feel awful I will take it right then. If not I will wait, but I probably won't go past 15 hours. I seem to metabolize real quick. The first time I did a Sub induction I waited I think 21&1/2 hours exactly. After that I tried 18, then a little earlier and soon realized I could do it at 12 with no problems.

Precipitated withdrawals are certainly NOT a myth, so that's a pointless debate, whether you or anyone else has ever personally had them or not... (which is great for you because they suck) doesn't change the fact that tons of people have gone through it and they very much exist.

Everyones body is different. The way everyone metabolizes drugs is different. This also changes throughout your addiction. Many people who used to be able to go back and forth from bupe to dope, no PW's etc, can no longer do that after a period of time.

I used to be able to shoot dope before bed and take suboxone in the morning with no PW's and have it work perfectly... not anymore.

Precipitated w/d is most certainly is a real thing and has no mental addiction aspect to it. According to those who have had it, it is pure physical agony. My only knowledge of it is from reports of people who experienced on various web forums. But I have read many of them, I don't think they are lies. And believe it or not, many of the people who have had it say they had done the switch before all sorts of times with no problem and then that one time, all of a sudden they got sicker than they could ever imagine and knew it was the PW/Ds. Thing is they are probably a lot less likely to happen than what you read on the internet will it make seem. Granted I learned a lot about Subs initially from reading posts by a guy who helps people out via a forum (not this one), the guy is super insistent on people waiting until they score high on the COWS scale before taking the Subs, like a 25 score on it. Which is full blown, want to hang yourself its so bad, w/d's.

Only a cocky amateur would think the precipitated withdrawals don't exist...Pretty much everyone can use the suboxone not long after the last time they used for the first few years...Try using the suboxone to not get sick on and off for a few years and see what happens... it will take 3 days for the suboxone to even work...

My fucking girlfriend can't even transition to Suboxone without being sick for almost 2 days....

It's usually a good idea to actually know what the fuck you're talking about before you make blanket statements about something....

One thing I am wondering now that I am switching back is how the duration of time since you last used Subs effects how well they will work? I know the whole switching back and forth thing starts to fuck with the ability of the Subs to manage your withdrawals. Over the past 1-1/2 I have done it easily over 10 times, probably more like 20. Only 3-4 times did I stay on the Sub for over a week, the other times I just did it for a day or 2 or 3 to basically make it to pay day. Its been a while since I did it, though, I think almost 2 months since I used them for a day and before that it was a over a month, too. That is by far as long as I have gone without using Subs in that 1-1/2 year span of consistently making the switch. So I wonder if the long layoff from using the Subs and only using H will actually make the Sub transition easier? I guess I can always hope, at least.

Last edited:
This is a weird debate.. hah. It's not like PW's are this weird phenomenon only being talked about on random drug fourms... it is a real thing that has been studied and documented by science over and over again, hah. I mean.. how are we really debating this?

It's a real thing.. simple as that. How you've never heard experienced it or heard of anyone going through it Bostonbrown, is beyond me.. but how, with alllllll the research and proof out there, can you even think to question something like that? I'm confused.. hah.

I like you, man I really do, but I think you're a little far off on this one.

I am not doubting the actual withdrawal; but I truly do believe the mental stage plays a huge factor. I am sure you've been through withdrawals yourself, and sometimes you are completely down and out and feeling like shit. then half way through that day/withdrawal something may occur that makes you happy/gets your attention, and for that second or two you dont feel bad. its cuz your mind has completely was OFF of the idea of the withdrawal. can you say that NEVER happen once? I am just saying the MENTAL aspect plays such a huge part.

It's like those who take Subox and then do a half bag of dope an hour or two later and say they "feel it". they DONT feel it, but it's all a mental game; they know what that high feels like and it plays the trick on the mind.

I've always said, anything can be done once you put your mind to it.

But again, this is NOT ME SAYING there are no such thing as withdrawals; trust me, I've been miserable many, many times. I just think us junkies sometimes panic/worry too much about withdrawals and also the whole subox program.

I've been on Subox program for over 3 months now and went into detox after OD'ing. My first dose of Subox was about 12-24 hours later, along w/ some benzo, and I felt find. Same goes for the years of my using and using Subox as well.

We may all be different, but this is my idea of how most PLAY it out. Too much worry; not enough of taking the pain.

I'm not saying its a phenomenon or strictly discussed on internet forums. That is just where I have learned about it. There are plenty of diseases and health conditions that I do not know anyone who has/had them, but I still believe they exist. So I fully agree its a real thing, but I don't see why its so crazy to not have ever met someone in person who told me they had PWs. I know a good amount of people who have either used Subs to get clean or at least used them on occasions to hold off w/d. Thing is I haven't gone around asking all of them if they had PWs.

Chill with the pricing guys. You know the rules. That's all going to have to be removed now by one of the mods over here.

^ Appreciate it brother.

BostonBrown, you don't know what you are talking about in terms of precipitated withdrawals. Have you ever had a shot of Narcan? That's precipitated withdrawals. It took 6 grown men to tie me to a stretcher after being hit with some when I overdosed years ago. It's literally hell on Earth.

Just because you have been an addict a long time doesn't mean you know jack shit about drugs asides from knowing how to get high. Do you see the little icon beside Mr. Scag's name, the one that says Other Drugs Moderator? That means that he knows more about drugs than you have ever dreamed about. You are going on about how junkies are afraid of withdrawals then why don't you quit Suboxone?

Don't talk down to people because I promise you that you will just end up embarrassed here.

^ it took about the same amount of people to hold me down after a shot of narcan. Pw ain't no bullshit.

Ugh, yeah a shot of Narcan is basically the worst feeling in the world. Talk about pain...

You guys remember your first Narcan shot? When you didn't know what it even was or at least what it would feel like? :\ What a rude surprise that is, eh?

^ Appreciate it brother.

BostonBrown, you don't know what you are talking about in terms of precipitated withdrawals. Have you ever had a shot of Narcan? That's precipitated withdrawals. It took 6 grown men to tie me to a stretcher after being hit with some when I overdosed years ago. It's literally hell on Earth.

Just because you have been an addict a long time doesn't mean you know jack shit about drugs asides from knowing how to get high. Do you see the little icon beside Mr. Scag's name, the one that says Other Drugs Moderator? That means that he knows more about drugs than you have ever dreamed about. You are going on about how junkies are afraid of withdrawals then why don't you quit Suboxone?

Don't talk down to people because I promise you that you will just end up embarrassed here.

youre right, because I never OD, I never did Subox, and I never shot up daily. but yea, again, youre 100% right. dude, youre telling me that HALF the people who play this game arent all caught up in the hearsay or what is actually happen or could happen? people dont "think" they go into withdrawals before they actually do? people dont take their psychological withdrawals as physical withdrawals?

I am not talking down to a single sole; I am part of a weekly group for the Subox maintenance and I have heard it all. I am giving my opinion/experience.

but go ahead, please embarrass me. I'd like to see how that works. what would I be embarrassed over? the fact that I misuse subox? or that I was a past junkie? or that I've OD'd many times? pretty sure those moments in life are alot more embarrassing them replying to some "a$$hole" on bluelight who is pretending to be a hardass.

you telling me I know shit about drugs aside from getting high shows you LITTLE you know about me, what I've been through, where I've been, etc. but go ahead and believe what you want, what you heard, what you read about, etc. thats how the rest of the world works. I understand everyone is different, but everyone

just re-read what I wrote before you replied w/ that ridiculous statement, saying I called people out. youre a moderator, huh? you'd think you'd use half the brain before responding w/ what was said.

smarten up.

Status
Not open for further replies.