The MA heroin thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^

You wont get drug tested until you get some kind of sentence that includes that. If you end up on some kind of probation then you'll be given random drug tests.

In my past experience with court for a possession charge they gave me a CWOF for a year, attend N/A meetings and random drug screens. I couldn't stay clean and was subsequently violated for testing dirty and got a 4 month sentence of which I served a month in county and was released on the ankle bracelet(the hardest two months I've ever experienced) and wrapped up with parole for a month. In hindsight I dfon't think I would do the bracelet again; would probably just stay there and come out clean with nothing over my head...your experience may vary....

^That's the problem right there, even if you get just a year or so of probation, if it's a drug charge you're gonna get UAd, and if you even just smoke weed you'll end up violating and get even more probation or sent to rehab or fucked with in some other way...Once the court system gets ahold of you, it's in your best interest to just jump through all the hoops and get them off your back as quickly as possible....Otherwise, even a small possession charge will drag on for years!

^No doubt about that. I know a person who was arrested for possession (a handful of 80s or so). Following that he was on probation for a year with UA's, they are random to some extent (another friend told me its done by assigning you a color and you call a hotline that tells you what colors need to get tested that week). So this guy couldn't stay clean and failed 3 UAs in short period of time. He ended up in jail for a week at first, then was out and failed shortly after, then it was a month, the 3rd time a year in jail.

^^

Yeah thats what's happening to my ex girlfriend. She was put on drug court, keeps fucking up, missing appointments, testing dirty, etc. So she keeps being sent to jail again for longer and longer. If she fucks up again, they are going to throw the book at her and send her upstate for 5-7.

As far as I know, the guy who I was talking about could be in jail still for fucking up. He was a friend of mine, but more so a friend of a friend. He was an idiot anyway who funded his habit mooching off his parents and hustling or scamming people. It seemed to me he was proud to serve jail time. I saw him once or twice between his 1 month and 1 year jail terms and he sort of bragged, made it sound like it was a breeze. That was almost 3 years ago, I haven't seen or even heard about him since.

Its gotta be tough, but if there was ever a reason to stay clean. I wonder if you can be on methadone or sub maintenance while on probation with drug testing.

^^^

If you work it out with them and they give you permission, yeah you can be on sub or methadone. Many people I know on probation are on a maint program.

^In that case its not so bad. It'd be enough motivation for me to stay on Subs if it meant not being locked up.

As long as a doctor prescribes it you can take it. Although you may have pill counts and shit but as far as I know the court cannot tell your doctor what you can and cannot have.

What's up everyone? Been in the hospital for the past 2 months with a blood infection and needed IV antibiotics. I'm leaving and heading home today and I'm looking forward to catching up on whats been going on with you guys the past couple months. I'm on a phone right now though but I'll check back in a few hours.

I'm leaving here with a script for subs though and hopefully I can stick with it for a bit.

good to see you're ok effect. did you get a blood infection from IVing? and thats the reason they put you on subs is cuz you got a opie problem? If you don't want to explain, then feel free to not.

^man that really sucks two months is a long time but at least you recovered.. Blood infections are really serious. I got one a few months ago but luckily it was minor & basically just a really fucked up kidney infection gone wrong. I only had to have iv antibiotics for a few days. Then they switched me to 10 days of oral. 2 months in the hospital sounds terrible.

Yeah it was from IVing and the infection spread to my lungs and I was getting "pulmonary emboli" throughout my lungs which were pretty painful and they had me on hydromorphone for a little over a month and when it was time to come off of that they asked me if I'd be interested in starting suboxone maintenance and I figured why not? It will probably be a good thing for me to be on them for a little bit to keep my use down.

^man that really sucks two months is a long time but at least you recovered.. Blood infections are really serious. I got one a few months ago but luckily it was minor & basically just a really fucked up kidney infection gone wrong. I only had to have iv antibiotics for a few days. Then they switched me to 10 days of oral. 2 months in the hospital sounds terrible.

Yeah 2 months of that shit was not fun. And I have to take oral antibiotics for the next 6 months to a year but at least I can get back to my life.

I never thought I would get an infection like that cause I always tried to practice good harm reduction when it came to needles, but even still the risk of infection is there.

Yeah it was from IVing and the infection spread to my lungs and I was getting "pulmonary emboli" throughout my lungs which were pretty painful and they had me on hydromorphone for a little over a month and when it was time to come off of that they asked me if I'd be interested in starting suboxone maintenance and I figured why not? It will probably be a good thing for me to be on them for a little bit to keep my use down.

Glad you're okay. It's one thing that always scared the shit out of me.

Did this start from an abscess? MRSA, staph,?

Was it considered sepsis?

It does sound like subacute endo (infective endocarditis) but that effects the heart ofc. Can lead to pulmonary embolism, the bacteria colonize then break off and travel through the bloodstream.

Id be interested in hearing about the early symptoms.

Last edited:
So my hearing is in less than seven hours. I'm bringing a paper that states when my intake for the suboxone program is(the day after), letting them know I go to NA meetings(of course, I lack proof), and that I go to a drug counselor. I'm also going to take a nice long shower and wear my nicest clothes.
I'm going to have to go with a public defender. There's no way I can afford a private lawyer.
I've had to keep using to avoid sickness, and I'm not sure how long I have to withdraw before the subs take effect. I already had to leave work early on Halloween due to withdrawal, and I can't afford to miss anymore time.
Wish me luck... :(

withdraw before subs take effect? you dont even have to go into withdrawl for the subs to take effect. just take it 12hrs after your last dose. some say to wait 24 but 12 is fine as well. i was a heavy dope user and woud take subox 12hrs after last usage to push off time till my next shot.

best of luck today.

Just saw this.. oh wow, man.. that sucks! At least you got to the hospital and all was taken care of. Things could always be worse, realize that. Also, it's best you do get on that sub program. It's helped me tremendously. I was at MGH for detox and other reasons and started their sub program there as well; it has helped alot since. I actually am going to West End Clinic today to see my Dr. just a quick appointent to show him all is well and I am doing just fine. ill also prob do a urine.

So my hearing is in less than seven hours. I'm bringing a paper that states when my intake for the suboxone program is(the day after), letting them know I go to NA meetings(of course, I lack proof), and that I go to a drug counselor. I'm also going to take a nice long shower and wear my nicest clothes.
I'm going to have to go with a public defender. There's no way I can afford a private lawyer.
I've had to keep using to avoid sickness, and I'm not sure how long I have to withdraw before the subs take effect. I already had to leave work early on Halloween due to withdrawal, and I can't afford to miss anymore time.
Wish me luck... :(

Damn, I know it's too late but I hope that you spoke with some legal counsel before making that decision. No need to admit anything if they have no evidence really. You said they arrested you for being high but had no evidence, so I wouldn't go to a judge and say I'm an addict and all that unless my lawyer said they had a good case against me and to do that to go the treatment route.

withdraw before subs take effect? you dont even have to go into withdrawl for the subs to take effect. just take it 12hrs after your last dose. some say to wait 24 but 12 is fine as well. i was a heavy dope user and woud take subox 12hrs after last usage to push off time till my next shot.

best of luck today.

Maybe for you, but a lot of people need to wait longer than that. If you already have bupe in your system then the 12 and 12 thing may work, but both the dope and the suboxone will be less effective, but you won't really get sick much. I wouldn't do it but I've heard some people that are on bupe that will do dope at night, and since they have bupe in their system it will only get them a little high, but also since it's in their system they can safely take the bupe 12 hours later the next morning; rinse repeat.

But if you're mostly just on dope and want to take subs, you really should wait until you are sick. It really depends on the person because some people such as yourself can safely take it 12 hours later, and others may wait 18 hours and go into precipitated withdrawals. But as a blanket statement I would say wait until you are moderately sick, like 20 hours if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.