• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The LYRICA (pregabalin) Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude, you need to try way more than 75mg. however, if large doses of neurontin didnt work i doubt this will. it is a great potentiator IME for opiates and anything gaba related, like booze or benzos, even ghb/gbl.

it will probbaly take the edge of wds but not make them dissapear completely. tramadol is pretty weak though, so it probably will help.

the fact that your dr had you on percs and dropped you to tramadol leads me to believe you thought you were abusing them. cant think of any other reason. i would get a new dr, G.

200mg tramadol is good for helping wds from something like suboxone. i liked it as a general antidepressant.

anyway, good luck man. my experience is using lyrica for anxiety, not MS or pain. sorry.

Yeah, I have a generalized social anxiety disorder, as well. I've taken so much shit for it, and none of it works. Benzos just make me tired and irritated, so I don't even bother with them. I have a full bottle of 10mg valium sitting in my cabinet untouched. I tried them for w/d's and it just made the mental (yes, mental, as odd as that is) effects worse. The bad thing is, I work in a pharmacy which is a total mind fuck. I took another one, which makes my total dose 150mg. It hasn't been long enough for the second one to kick in yet but I have to say, I am feeling quite nice right about now. I just don't give a fuck. Haha. I have like, NO sense of impending doom - which I always do. I should have made my name Murphy's Law - that is so me.

And, I definitely agree with you on the whole new dr. gig. But, I just moved to a new city, where I know NO ONE, nor do any of my peeps from my old place know any decent doctors out here. I moved from the straight up ghetto to a snobby uber rich neighborhood. Ha, we totally don't fit in, but I don't give a shit.

Another shitty thing is, my boyfriend is on this shit, too. Not the lyrica, but the opiates (I have to add in real quick - my house smells DELICIOUS right now - yum, lasagna! And I totally slammed a box of Special K, DRY mind you..and wondered why. Then I read the whole increased appetite thing and had to laugh.) ANYWAY - He's been on them a lot longer than I, he's even been on oxy's and was put in the ER for a heart attack from the w/d's from it. We both seen the same doctor at that time - the same one that completely cut us off from the vics and shit - and actually, just a few weeks ago, we found out that he lost his license to practice. So I'm assuming that he got in deep with another patient and cut us and probably several other people off too, just out of precaution.

To be honest, I was taking the opiates for pain, at first. I have nerve damage in my legs and lower back from a herniated disc. They never really did much for the pain, but they got me high at first so I just forgot to care. Now, or at least after, I was taking them for the sole purpose of not going through w/d and being able to live my life feeling like a semi- normal person on a day to day basis. I think tramadol is an amazing drug - not for pain, but for w/d's and anxiety. It has far from 'cured' me from my usual anxious feelings, but it has definitely helped more than any benzo or anti depressant (just had a serious brain fart there) than I've ever taken.

As for the Lyrica, I will probably take it as needed at least until I get my rx filled, or I get my check so I can call someone up. Gah! I hate doing that. Fuckers wanna tax you out the ass and shit!8)

Just a side note - I'm 5'5 and 123 lbs. In decent shape and rarely have an appetite. Even with herb, I never get hungry.

Lyrica + me + 1 ENTIRE box of dry cereal, 2 pieces of lasagna and 2 packs of ramen noodles later = STILL HAVE THE MUNCHIES!

yeah, the shit makes you hungry. i also noticed it actually makes food taste better! or maybe that was cause i just hiked a mountain, food always tastes better after i exercise.

im so thankful for lyrica. 150mg is enough to totally change my mood. i become calm, focused, and have energy and motivation. i am very productive when im on it. makes cleaning or working fun. about once a week i get high on it too. then i take a day off completley. about once a month i take like 4 full days off too as to prevent tolerance.

it really is a panacea; it solves so many problems. like:
-anxiety
-increases my appetite (i want to gain some weight)
-i can concentrate better
-antidepressant for mood
-more energy/motivation
-helps cut down on smoking
-helps with cravings(recovering heroin addict)
-better sleep
-slows me down in bed (i was taking lexapro which allowed me to fuck for a good 30mins, and this works just as well)
-when i do want to get high i just take double my prescribed dose (600mg) and have a drink or 2 and im faaaked up!

so really, i cant think of anything else that does nearly as good a job in so many facets. the topper is that i get it FOR FREEEEE. thanks to medicaid.

Don't ever mix a z drug (Ambien, Sonata, Lunesta) with benzos or lyrica... they're all GABAergic... or phenibut or valerian extract for that matter... hell even Kava... with neurontin or lyrica... they're ALL GABAergic... and they ALL exacerbate each other.

EDIT: forgot Imovane

For me lyrica with bozze isnt a nice combi (headache's even when i am still finishing my first or second drink),.

ghb and lyrica wasn't as sweet as i hoped either.
it seems lyrica cancels out parts of the euphorie of ghb and only more tired and horny , but it could be that they are somewhat cross tolerant.

Lyrica is a hit or miss drug in general it seems.
I gave friend of mine 450 mg lyrica to try out, and he never noticed anything special. except he felt a little more sleepy.

While my first lyrica pill was only 75 mg and it made me motivated as if i was on speed with a nice body high.

i take a shot of 150mg lyrica and about .5mg-1mg suboxone to start the day with a cup of tea and a cigarette. really helps me get through the day.

Ok so day 1 is finally over. I have to say, I change my mind entirely about this drug. I was on 150mg total. I didn't get high, which is okay, but it did take away about 90% of my w/d symptoms. I have 2 perc 5's left and on this medication, I had no desire to take them at all. It definitely increased my appetite. Things were a little out of place - almost like a good kind of drunk without the weird mental effects. I was completely sober, but in a decent mood. I'm a clumsy person anyway and while I wasn't running into walls or anything like that, my balace was a little off. Also, this drug definitely helped me sleep. OH...and it made my skin tingly?! I got a kick out of that. HA! So all in all, I haven't taken it enough to say that it's a miracle drug, but damn...it sure kicks ass. I'm extremely thankful to have it.

Had to edit once I seen all my typos..that's another thing, I couldn't type for shit last night! Ha!

Last edited:
I'm one of the lucky ones in that I find 300mg enough to get me properly high...take it once a week as a treat. :)

Ok so it's 10:30am, I've given the Lyrica more than enough time to kick in. I took 150mgs at 8:20am and I only feel about half the effects from it that I did last night. I am still noticing w/d symptoms. Last night I was on percs with them, though - maybe that's the difference? We're about to find out. Just took my last 2 as I was typing this.

Oh and Homey - you are so right. I've noticed myself smoking about 1/3 less than what I usually do. YAY for a pack of smokes lasting longer!

yeah, 150mg is what i take for anxiety. i need like 600mg to get a buzz. tolerance does rise wicked fast, but im POSITIVE that the fact you took oxy last night is why you were not in wd. nothing to do with lyrica really.

i just take a low dose during the work week and get high on the weekend with it, ie friday and saturday, then sunday i dont take it at all.

its a fucking rad medication, thats for sure. soooooo much better than taking klonopin and xanax. ive almost killed myself so many times driving on that shit.

I'm definitely feeling a ton better since I took those percs. There's no way in hell I could drive right now. I feel bad for my hubby, he has nothing left and can't take the lyrica because he drives a truck all day long. I fucking hate doctors sometimes. They give you this shit, then when you get dependant of it, they wanna act like its YOUR fault, like you fucking asked for it, and not do anything to help you. I lost count to how many times I've told him I'm tired of going through w/d, to either give me more a month or up my dose so this shit doesn't happen. It's tramadol for God's fucking sake, not oxys! Grr...:X

i would buy some suboxone off the street. neither you or you husband should have to deal with the dr cutting you off, thats just FUCKED. get a new dr and get some subs or even methadone so you dont have to suffer.

I will only have insurance for another 2 months, that's not long enough to go shopping. Ive looked for suboxone, no one has ever heard of it and the people that have, have no connects. I figured it was time for an update. It's 2:30 and I still have a pretty decent buzz. I love this shit! By the way, it's a total downer for me. oh, and sex is fucking AWESOME on it! Woot!

i'm shooting myself right now. just left my doctors office, and while snooping around waiting for him to show up i noticed trial packs of lyrica with 10 caps each. There were 4-5 laying around, and i remembered reading something about it on bluelight but i thought it helped with withdrawls or something so i didn't bother grabbing any.. :!

doh, i totally would have snagged those!!

oh, jete, you say sex is good on it? i tried fucking my girl and i was kind of soft and couldnt come at all. i stopped taking lexapro completely though so im thinking ill be fine. ill test it out tonight, hehe. boy do i love leaving white maps of hawaii on her stomach.

Road maps of Hawaii are awesome! Yeah, it took me a while to cum but when I did, HOLY FUCK! I had my first EVER multiple orgasm today. I was on Lexapro for a while, and one time I actually puked at the sight of my hubby's junk. I hated that shit. Soo yeah..4:45pm, percs wore off and I am definiitely feeling the full effects of W/D right now and of course, none of my 'buddies' have shit. I took another 2 (totaling 150mg) so we'll see what happens.

CHEECHY! You shouldda ganked that shit, bruh! Tsk tsk!

hmm, well now that im off my lexapro it takes me like 2 seconds to come so i took 5mg of it just to see how it is tomorrow. i wont have a chance to see how sex is with rec doses of lyrica until this weekend. i may take 300mg tomorrow though cause i have an interview and dentist appnt.

Blah. So yeah, I was entirely too fucked up to update last night. It was INSANE! One minute, I would be fine, then the next all I know is that my hubby would be shaking me awake. Scared the shit outta him, lol. It happened like 4 times, and that was only on 225mgs :S

So yeah.. decided to take only 75mgs this morning, along with 7.5mgs of oxycodone. Feeling pretty right right about now. XD

i took 300mg this morning with my suboxone, felt really good. when i got home at like 6pm i took another 150mg and i TOTALLY felt it. wasnt expecting much but man, i love this feeling! its like super clean xanax or something. it compliments my suboxone extremely well.

what i usually do for rec use is take like 600mg and have a few drinks. this way the booze synergizes the lyrica and i dont have to take more caps and raise my tolernce. its really enjoyable! so no more feinding for heroin or xanax. this totally satiates the need for a buzz. wicked cool!

I feel like yall should be a bit more conscientious of the amount/frequency of your Lyrica intake; I recently moved from 200mg/day to 450mg/day and, whilst the initial 450mg produces a 'feeling' (whether it be a 'high' or simply the positive and intended effects of the drug), any dose that day after that produces, for me, NOTHING.

I see pregabalin as a mysterious chemical substance. I want to do more research on its pharmacodynamics before I really take a stand on why what I just described occurs (because, frankly, I'm baffled - usually, more drug = more effect; not so with pregabalin generally!).

P.S. homeydontplaythat - didn't I tell you it would be awesome? I'm so glad to see you got it brotha.

P.P.S. - sex on Lyrica sounds funny, but it's true - its fucking great, really gives the bedposts a run for their money =D

~ vaya

Status
Not open for further replies.