• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

SMFG, I think it depends on whether you're wanting to taper off benzos or attempt to lower your tolerance by trying an alternative, or continue to treat your anxiety.

Care to share some more?

Rtp

What are your thoughts on Lyrica and Gabapentin? Do these mix? Ive heard there bad together. Can someone clarify for me please?

^they're pretty much the same, lyrica is stronger,- about x3 iirc, mg for mg.

I've never heard of anyone mixing the two, except in the case of running out of lyrica & finding some Gabapentin to tide you over in granny's cupboard :/

Rtp

^they're pretty much the same, lyrica is stronger,- about x3 iirc, mg for mg.

I've never heard of anyone mixing the two, except in the case of running out of lyrica & finding some Gabapentin to tide you over in granny's cupboard :/

Rtp

You also don't need to stack prebabalin to increase the bioavailability like you do with gabapentin.

I've never taken lyrica before. I took 1500 mg in 150mg caps today, And honestly I just got high as fuck, no bad effects, just felt drunk and geeked at the same time all day tbh. I was straight though!

I was told you could hurt yourself, but thats good too hear.

Does it also increase the tolerance to Lyrica?

We may be thinking two different things. By stacking gabapentin I meant lets say you're prescribed 100mg 3x a day. It has been said that taking all 300mg at once would be less absorbed than if you were to take 100g every 30-40 minutes (tramadol is like this as well). With pregabalin(Lyrica) the same amount is absorbed regardless if you take it all at once or take it like above.

SMFG, I think it depends on whether you're wanting to taper off benzos or attempt to lower your tolerance by trying an alternative, or continue to treat your anxiety.

Care to share some more?

Rtp[/QUOTE

Sort of all of the above really already tapered from 8mg zanax to 3mg then got switched to valium for longer half life, just wondering if it was worth the switch as i cant get under 40-50 mg a day mark for my anxiety, lyrica seemed to help others though with the vals im level though tollerence has caught up. Also self medicating with a bit of morph then i dont seem to need as much benzo .

We may be thinking two different things. By stacking gabapentin I meant lets say you're prescribed 100mg 3x a day. It has been said that taking all 300mg at once would be less absorbed than if you were to take 100g every 30-40 minutes (tramadol is like this as well). With pregabalin(Lyrica) the same amount is absorbed regardless if you take it all at once or take it like above.

So, you're saying that I should take a few of the 300mg gaba every 30 or so minutes, instead of taking say 3000mg at once?

Again, not really intending to get high, but it staves off withdraw symptoms almost entirely, aside from the dumb sneezes.

Anyways, the VA sent my meds early, so im all good now. I want to thank all of you for always helping me get through these tough times!

So, you're saying that I should take a few of the 300mg gaba every 30 or so minutes, instead of taking say 3000mg at once?

Again, not really intending to get high, but it staves off withdraw symptoms almost entirely, aside from the dumb sneezes.

In theory, taking it that way should get more of the drug into your system but will it be more effective? I don't know, someone else will have to chime in on that as my experience is only with Lyrica.

In theory, taking it that way should get more of the drug into your system but will it be more effective? I don't know, someone else will have to chime in on that as my experience is only with Lyrica.

I have been on and off lyrica for all most a year. Just tried 5 75mg capsules to feel really drunk after an hour of it kicking in. Coordination is unstable , tried walking heel to toe, was a a complete fail. Overall feel really groggy, a little tricky to describe the feeling. I'm an hour into to it. Will report back throughout the rest of it. I took 3 first and another 2 thirty minutes later.

I've been stuck on neurontin bc i am on suboxone, i am having a hard time being prescribed any benzo. when i tried to quit my gabapentin, the psychological part is INSANE. i was si scared i almost checked myself into the hospital. i know lyrica is kind of the same thing. both work on your GABBA receptors. i was afraid to switch to lyrica. now I'm definitely not doing it after reading these posts.

I have been reading what a lot of people are saying. I am on 600mg of prefab a day. Today I have taken 3900mg and I am absolutely flying. From what you all are saying you seem to say there is no point taking more than 900 I have taken 1200 and 900 and 1600 and trust me taking 3900 is completely different. It feels like i am in eutopia. I don't know all the medical lingo but could someone tell me why tumour think you should only take a 900mg. My info may be coming of a different post to this but any info would be greatly appreciated!

Someone posted here that they now get trashed on a low dose of Lyrica. It's happening to me too!
Originally i took 300 mg x 3 per day Neurontin for about 3 months. Quit for 2 months. Changed to Lyrica 100 mg x 2 per day for 3 months, 150 mg x 2 per day for 1 month. Then quit that because it was making my teeth hurt. All the time I never really felt anything. (I take oxy also)
3 months later now and 250 mg Lyrica gets me sooooo drunk, and it lasts for about 12 hours. It's f'ing awesome except the hangover lasts for the whole next day.

I could hardly walk after taking 1000mg. Effects wore off but totally ruined the hihj