View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The lost magic of 4-HO-MET

Leda

Greenlighter
Had a look around for an answer to this question via Google with no luck, I hope I can get some info here.

Been using MET on & off for several months now around once a week or at a push once every 10 days, the first 2 times were total magic & I felt I had found the magical substance I had been dreaming of for years, very visual but easy on the body & mind, I find the 4-AcO-DMT horrible for example.

The experience has been after the first two goes getting worse & worse, the last trip I plugged 60mg & the effects were so slight & for the first time on MET I had a real body load issue, felt like a heavy weight on my back that was hard to shake, the next day I had savage diarrhea.

I fell in love with MET on my first few goes but it seems I will never get those visual effects back again, anyone had a similar issue?

Are you talking about MET (Methylethyltryptamine) or 4-HO-MET (4 Hydroxy-Methylethyltryptamine), it's not clear.

Whatever it is it sounds like you need to take a break, give it a month or 2 before trying it again. May be tolerance, may just be over-use & the substance's way of telling you to ease off.

Yeah, tripping will lose its magic if you do it once a week. . .

ebola

Tripping frequently is often associated with a loss of "magic." Each person is going to be different, but the first thing I would point to as relevant in your case is frequency of tripping. The general wisdom is that your tolerance to psychedelic materials lowers back down close to baseline after a week... But the colloquial mantra is useful here: "just because you can, doesn't mean you should." In general you can keep your being psychedelic by tripping only twice to four times a year. For the majority of peope, tripping substantially more often than that is really just abuse, for better or worse. Take a couple months off (minimum) from psychedelics and try to work on bringing back the magical states you found in your first two experiences into your life without the aid of the drug. After a couple months, try the psychedelic again and see what happens.

Recall that there are complex factors involved in the psychedelic experience. It's difficult to understand these processes on the basis of input-output thinking. That's what you're trying to do. You think that "put drug in, get magical experience" is a universally valid formula. It's not. There is a high dimensional space of variables involved here. If you seek what the first few trips showed you, you'll have to work more to find it and bring it more permanently into your being.

I would say I tripped an average of 3 times a month for over 14 months I think before I really noticeably was crashing cuz of it

are you talking about met (methylethyltryptamine) or 4-ho-met (4 hydroxy-methylethyltryptamine), it's not clear.

Whatever it is it sounds like you need to take a break, give it a month or 2 before trying it again. May be tolerance, may just be over-use & the substance's way of telling you to ease off.

4-ho-met

Yeah tripping every week slowly leads to substantial tolerance and loss of magic, though it is sustainable for a while. Give it a good break of at least a month, or multiple months, and you should be good.