• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

The latest in MDMA scare tactics UK

thebigslick

Greenlighter
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/ecstasy-pills-were-6-times-stronger-179984n.25287565

This was front page of the paper i just bought and had to post this (apologies if someone already has).
Basically they are trying to claim that a standard pill contains 33mg of MDMA? from my understanding its around 80-100mg in a standard pill?
Having never taken the drug I can't really comment however the article is written in such a way that it would make you believe that all of the pills mentioned contain "deadly" PMA - which to my understanding isn't as deadly as you are made to believe.

I said I have never taken the drug and I haven't however I have been in the company of people who have taken up to 1G of MDMA in a night and not died, infact I distinctly remember someone claiming on a night out taking 8 pills over the course of 2 days and being fine (the red mortal kombats which are described as "lethal"), so why the scare campaign against MDMA?

Surely it would be better to provide factual information (and provide testing stations like the netherlands) instead of writing articles in a way that fools readers to believe that by taking one pill it is likely to result in death.

Wow, that's ridiculous. 188 mg is a nice big dose but 6 times normal? Maybe if you're getting absolute bunk pills.

PMA / PMMA are nasty chemicals responsible for a frightening number of deaths, but yeah this article is stupid.