• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

The Last Interview with Alexander Shulgin

This is the last interview that he ever gave and the whole interview is basically the rantings of a school-girl-esque hanger-on which provides little to no insight on the man himself or any new developments other than the fact that "OMG THERS LIEK MAD DRUGS IN HIS HOUSE. OMG. IM SO OBSESSED WITH HIM AND HIS WIFE THAT ID LOVE TO DRINK JUICE WITH HER FEET IN IT HUHU"

At the end of the day, we leave knowing nothing new and only having the drooling, panty-soaked rantings of a reporter. The only true knowledge that the "interview" conveys is a rehashing of what we all already know. The reporter himself acknowledges this.

If, indeed, this non-interview was Shulgin’s last interview, it left me partially unfulfilled. I still have so many questions.

^I agree with you about the obsessive, non-informative tone. I did find the bit about Aleph-1 interesting, does anyone know more about the history of it? I had always assumed that the first Aleph in Pihkal was Aleph-1, but that wouldn't be right because apparently Shulgin never published Aleph-1, also this article says that 1 mg was an active dose whereas the dosage range for aleph is 5-10 mg. Also Aleph sounds shitty according to Pihkal. Aleph-2 and Aleph-7 sound like they might have some potential though, but they still don't sound great.

You can find out plenty about ALEPH-1 if you buy the full addition of PiHKAL.

What a waste of a last interview......

I get what you mean, but at the same time there was a sort of "cringe-worthy charm" about that :)
This was a guy meeting his hero and just experiencing his day-to-day life, yer bound to get a boner and spit up snake juice in such a situation... (sorry =D )

This is the last interview that he ever gave and the whole interview is basically the rantings of a school-girl-esque hanger-on which provides little to no insight on the man himself or any new developments other than the fact that "OMG THERS LIEK MAD DRUGS IN HIS HOUSE. OMG. IM SO OBSESSED WITH HIM AND HIS WIFE THAT ID LOVE TO DRINK JUICE WITH HER FEET IN IT HUHU"

At the end of the day, we leave knowing nothing new and only having the drooling, panty-soaked rantings of a reporter. The only true knowledge that the "interview" conveys is a rehashing of what we all already know. The reporter himself acknowledges this.

I agree. I could care less if the "reporter" wants to suck Shulgin's cock and lick his balls metaphorically in worship and obsession over the Shulgins.

Is Shulgin a Chemisty genius, well yes but it does get tiresome of hearing all of this worship about him like this article is about.

What did you want to know? I thought the article was a great insight into what this dude is actually like.

You can find out plenty about ALEPH-1 if you buy the full addition of PiHKAL.

I'm waiting until the Shulgin index comes out to spend my money. I have more of an interest in Tryptamines then in Phenethylamines as well. None of the phenethylamines that I've done except for mescaline have measured up to experience Tryptamines provide for me.

wow im genuinely surprised by the negative response to this article, are people totally humorless? to whoever said "what a waste of his last interview" thats an especially dumb remark because as it says in the article shulgin is not giving interviews anymore - he did this as an exception because (presumably) he liked the reporter. anyway certain people cant handle first person reporting of subjective experience - luckily for those people 99.9% of the media is 3nd person "objective" so enjoy the fox news

it was also filled with info i have never seen before and i have read most (if not all) of the shulgin profiles available online - the stuff about MALT, EALT, PALT and the info one Aleph and DOM was all totally fascinating

anyway to each their own=D

My strongest interest is pharmacology. If you look at my icon, it's actually a small portion of a screenshot from a program that generates pharmacophores based on structural models of receptors and ligands. I have a massive admiration for Shulgin as his work is actually what got me interested in pharmacology in the first place.

The problem with this article is that nothing new comes out. If you read any of the recent stuff he's put out, you'd know that Shulgin has been working on all kinds of model compounds. So basically what you have is the reporter ranting about his admiration and we leave after reading it only learning about the author and not anything new about Alexander Shulgin or his work.

I have no problem with first person reporting and I actually prefer it. I just simply don't like reporting that doesn't tell you anything important.

The last interview with Alex Shulgin

a (not quite) interview with the chemistry God sir Alex Shulgin I found on Reddit. pardon me if it's already been posted

m.vice.com/read/the-last-interview-with-alexander-shulgin-423-v17n5

enjoy

Last edited:
yeah old article is old, this has def been posted before

its pretty good but honestly kinda reads like the all-time shulgin wank session

also hamilton morris is actually a bler, just fyi.