• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

The Large and Nifty Not-quite-advanced Drug Chemistry, Pharmacology and More Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was 250mg racemic amphetamine base.

It's a really high dose for beginners especially.

That's equivalent to 125mg d-amphetamine.

Benzedrine_inhaler_for_wiki_article.jpg

benzedrine2.jpg

Last edited:
So i was pondering about this substance......plz forgive me if its effing stupid.

Gday mates.

After reading some pikhail, wikipedia and obviosuly bluelight i was pondering on this stubstance.

Before tho i would like to ask....what are th advantages and disadvatages of phenylisobutylamine compared to amphetamine (reminder, i already know it has weaker dopaminergic functions).

So after combining many hypothesis, the three aphenylethylamine substances that came into my mind are:

1:
pyrindabutemine.png

2:
pyrinolbutemine.png

3:
diflopyrindabutemine.png

I all ear for any crit5ics so please feel fre to unleash your pharmacologically sadistic blashing if you will.

Last edited:
I saw that picture, the one from which I got the 65 mg figure was on the same page. It looked more like a modern inhaler. I assume the dosage was lowered over time.

yea well but when you inhale once you wont get 250mg out of it? that would kill a lot of people ^^

I think it worked more like a nosespray?

^That was the intended use, but they were abused by cracking open the inhaler and swallowing the lot.

Gday mates.

After reading some pikhail, wikipedia and obviosuly bluelight i was pondering on this stubstance.

Before tho i would like to ask....what are th advantages and disadvatages of phenylisobutylamine compared to amphetamine (reminder, i already know it has weaker dopaminergic functions).

So after combining many hypothesis, the three aphenylethylamine substances that came into my mind are:

I all ear for any crit5ics so please feel fre to unleash your pharmacologically sadistic blashing if you will.

Not really advanced, merging with the big questions thread..

25B-NBOMe (minus amine) speculation

Ok so we know it's possible with Methylphenidate:

From methylphenidate:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylphenidate
you can then get 0-2172:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O-2172
which is completely devoid of a nitrogen.

SO considering the UBER potency of 25B-NBOMe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/25B-NBOMe) could there be some replacement that would simulate the nitrogen effectively enough to keep the steric structure in place?? Hence being COMPLETELY DEVOID of ANY controlled drugs regulations anywhere! wahoo :D

Attachments

• 200px-NBOMe-2CB_svg.png
    200px-NBOMe-2CB_svg.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 79
Probably not, since the nitrogen seems to be necessary for an essential basic hydrogen-bonding interaction. The ether might be active but it's a poor hydrogen bonding partner, and you wouldn't want to eat the phosphorus homologue due to toxicity.

...shit, my post was deleted because I was writing while Nuke moved Phener's post to this thread. Anyway, again in short:

According to Grimm's law of hydride shift does an atom - by addition of n protons - obtain the properties of the element that is n positions further in the periodic system of elements, i.e.:

1. F = OH = NH2 = CH3
2. O = NH = CH2
3. N = CH​

It's a very simple rule, valid for the sterical comparison (read: bioisosterical) of certain moieties. Obviously, it does not pay attention to acid/base-properties or present lone electron pairs.
Nonetheless could one accordingly substitute the secondary amine in the NBOMe's with either an ether-oxygen or simply with a methylene-bridge. I doubt that any of these variations will show activity comparable to the parent compound. The nitrogen seems to be required for receptor binding.

Peace! - Murphy

Edit: To my knowledge, a bioisosteric replacement as described above was not tried yet by anyone.

Last edited:
lots of chemicals form crystalline structures under the right conditions.

do drugs form crystals (pseudo-crystals?) on our receptors?

^A crystal is defined as a body made up of repeating patterns. As the usual stochiometry is something like 1 receptor per 1 to a few ligands, one can't speak of a pattern here, but just single instances of molecular interaction.

Therefore, the answer is: No.

And please enlighten me what the term "pseudo-crystal" is referring to.

Peace! - Murphy

^A crystal is defined as a body made up of repeating patterns. As the usual stochiometry is something like 1 receptor per 1 to a few ligands, one can't speak of a pattern here, but just single instances of molecular interaction.

Therefore, the answer is: No.

And please enlighten me what the term "pseudo-crystal" is referring to.

Peace! - Murphy

i was thinking that since these chemicals tend to cohere they might actually end up forming structures on our receptors. perhaps different crystalline shapes cause different reactions. don't all the best drugs produce the prettiest crystals in the laboratory? :)

oh, p.s. "pseudo-crystal" is what i would call a crystal in its infancy... a nucleus that would form a crystal under different circumstances.

Last edited:
You are totally confusing the definition of a 'crystal'. Your last response doesn't make any sense.

- Murphy

Hey everyone. What are your opinions on this molecule I'm proposing?

It looks so nice and symmetric, I just had to post it here.

120px-Benzene-2D-flat.png

Status
Not open for further replies.