• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom The Kratom Diet

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
Now I don’t use kratom, but have enough to know it a bit.. That said I stumbled upon some research that feel could be of use to others here. Let’s call it The Kratom Diet..

First let us look at this research article.

We see here, with this fairly new article, that mitragynine is metabolized via CYP3A enzymes to 7-OH-Mitragynine and mitragynine pseudoindoxyl both of which are said to better opioids that the parent molecule. These metabolites likely have a strong influence on the pharmacology of mitragynine, and may explain heavy individualistic differences.

Before we continue with that thought train let’s look at another article.

In this article we see an increased bioavailability of mitragynine in the form of kratom tea and even better as the organic extract of kratom tea then mitragynine alone. (1.5x and 1.8x respectively.)

From this article I extrapolate mitragynine possibly has a higher bioavailability when consumed with fats.

Now let’s go back to the first article. They don’t specify which CYP3A enzymes so we’re gonna go at this shotgun style.

The goal in theory would be to not inhibit but induce CYP3A enzymes to better produce the more pharmacologically active metabolites.

Which brings us to this article…

It looks over the inducing ability of an array of natural substances to induce CYP3A4 (one of the more used CYP enzymes). Of interest we see Quercetin (230% control), grape seed oil (270%), ginseng (155%), and kava (386%).

Another substance, while not in this article but studied elsewhere is Capsaicin.

With these substances I think we can put together something that should induce CYP3A4 fairly well.

Quercetin is a flavonoid with an array of pharmacological properties. It’s an antioxidant, has anti cancer effects, and hits on GABA. The best most bioavailable source is found in onions. It seems too that Quercetin is not easily degraded with no appreciable loss during cooking.

Grapeseed oil can be used like any other for cooking and has a high smoke point.

Now there’s a couple ways to go about this. You can add these foods as you wish to a variety of dishes, go heavily obviously. There’s never too much onion. But I’ll provide one with an alternative.

Pour some grapeseed oil into a high sided skillet. Add equal quantities of onion, hot pepper of your choosing, and kava root. (Omit kava root and use ginseng instead if wanting to avoid kavas effects.) Make sure the added ingredients are covered by the oil. Heat on low-med for 30-60 minutes. Once finished let cool a bit (but not completely) then strain through a cheesecloth.

This oil can now be used to induce CYP3A4 as is, it’ll be pungent no doubt but healthy. Not only should the enzyme inducers increase potency, but the oil itself should increase bioavailability of mitragynine.

Again this is somewhat assuming that the CYP3A4 enzyme is of main importance in mitragynine metabolism, which isn’t a stretch given most drugs to some extent go down this pathway.

More to come soon on additional CYP3A enzyme inducers…

For anyone who use kratom daily, if you give this a try please report back :)

-GC

Last edited:
Very interesting insight into how kratom is metabolized and how to get it to be more effective. Since this is the only substance I use I am intrigued. If I decide to cook up a batch of these ingredients I will let you know if I noticed a difference.

Now I don’t use kratom, but have enough to know it a bit.. That said I stumbled upon some research that feel could be of use to others here. Let’s call it The Kratom Diet..

We see here, with this fairly new article, that mitragynine is metabolized via CYP3A enzymes to 7-OH-Mitragynine and mitragynine pseudoindoxyl both of which are said to better opioids that the parent molecule. These metabolites likely have a strong influence on the pharmacology of mitragynine, and may explain heavy individualistic differences.

In this article we see an increased bioavailability of mitragynine in the form of kratom tea and even better as the organic extract of kratom tea then mitragynine alone. (1.5x and 1.8x respectively.)

From this article I extrapolate mitragynine possibly has a higher bioavailability when consumed with fats.

Now let’s go back to the first article. They don’t specify which CYP3A enzymes so we’re gonna go at this shotgun style.

The goal in theory would be to not inhibit but induce CYP3A enzymes to better produce the more pharmacologically active metabolites.

It looks over the inducing ability of an array of natural substances to induce CYP3A4 (one of the more used CYP enzymes). Of interest we see Quercetin (230% control), grape seed oil (270%), ginseng (155%), and kava (386%).

Another substance, while not in this article but studied elsewhere is Capsaicin.

With these substances I think we can put together something that should induce CYP3A4 fairly well.

Quercetin is a flavonoid with an array of pharmacological properties. It’s an antioxidant, has anti cancer effects, and hits on GABA. The best most bioavailable source is found in onions. It seems too that Quercetin is not easily degraded with no appreciable loss during cooking.

Grapeseed oil can be used like any other for cooking and has a high smoke point.

Now there’s a couple ways to go about this. You can add these foods as you wish to a variety of dishes, go heavily obviously. There’s never too much onion. But I’ll provide one with an alternative.

Pour some grapeseed oil into a high sided skillet. Add equal quantities of onion, hot pepper of your choosing, and kava root. (Omit kava root and use ginseng instead if wanting to avoid kavas effects.) Make sure the added ingredients are covered by the oil. Heat on low-med for 30-60 minutes. Once finished let cool a bit (but not completely) then strain through a cheesecloth.

This oil can now be used to induce CYP3A4 as is, it’ll be pungent no doubt but healthy. Not only should the enzyme inducers increase potency, but the oil itself should increase bioavailability of mitragynine.

Again this is somewhat assuming that the CYP3A4 enzyme is of main importance in mitragynine metabolism, which isn’t a stretch given most drugs to some extent go down this pathway.

-GC
I do have specific experience about those enzyme inhibitors.
I have used kava kava, ginseng, quercetin and resveratrol, usually along kratom or taken before the dose
I found that kava greatly increases the kratom effect, no doubt about that,
resveratrol is a potent CYP3A4 inhibitor and I think it's the compound that do that in the grapeseed oil/extract:
I only used once (is expensive so my plan was to take when not taking anything else to be sure of its effects (or lack of them),
gonna use today, so I can judge the cyp inhibition when taken my second and last dose of the day (and perhaps regards a bit of the first, that I've just taken). It has very obvious non-placebo light stimulant properties but that could be just the mytraginine being potentiated, now that I think about it...

About ginseng I cannot talk for sure since I took it in the form of capsule, an old one, probably timed out and mixed with rhodiola rosea but I remember that it potentiated quite a lot of compounds.
I took quercetin for months since it protects again covid, very potently when taken along with high doses of zinc.
I did notice some potentiation of kratom but not necessarily in a way I liked since if I took it too late in the day I felt too stimulated and I couldn't sleep, probably because of my personal chemistry (but I found that it happens to some people) it seems that quercetin increases (nor)epinephrine...

"Results: Higher postprandial plasma concentrations of glucose, lactate, urea, adrenaline, noradrenaline, insulin, and glucagon on day 7 in colostrum-fed calves indicate that metabolic processes were stimulated. Postabsorptive xylose and glucose plasma concentrations each increased by an additional 26%, and splanchnic glucose turnover decreased by 35% in colostrum-fed calves, suggesting improved glucose absorption and lower splanchnic glucose utilization in colostrum-fed calves. Quercetin supplementation resulted in higher noradrenaline concentrations and enhanced peak absorption and oxidation of [(13)C6]-glucose by 10%. Liver mitochondrial phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase mRNA abundance was reduced by 34% in colostrum-deprived calves."

Interesting. I am currently looking for stuff which potentiates Kratom. Thanks for posting this!

I had kava before and it was kinda lame, too expensive and too mild to order it again, but I never mixed these two. So Kratom/mitragynine gets metabolized by CYP3A4? Afaik is bupropion also an inhibitor of this enzyme.
Anybody having personal experiences with potentiating? What worked best for you?

-GC
black seed oil is what you're looking for 2d6 and 3a4 substrate. and a fat. love it. black seed oil and ultra low dose naltrexone are the two best opioid potentiators I have found. and both help you get off em as well.

Last edited: