Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Kindest Dissociative: di-ethyl ETHER

SunSpot

Bluelighter
Hi All,

just wondering whether there are any other di ethyl Ether connoissoirs out there! After quitting alcohol, opiates and even vaping over the last year / month / week respectively, I've found total sobriety to be a bit harsh, especially as there is significant PAWS from my Opium use. That's when I remembered my formerly beloved Ether! Wonderful stuff to put some distance between oneself and Pain, and after all the research I've done it looks like it's the kindest dissociative to take, even better than nitrous as that often comes with oxygen deprivation. Plus when drunk (in TINY amounts) it's like a really-clear headed alcohol buzz, just a lot healthier and doesn't trigger my urge to drink that evil Ethanol.

So, any other Ether lovers out there? How do you deal with the 'glue factory' smell? I know rationally that it's much less toxic than alcohol, but that darn stink .. At least it means one can only use very, very sparingly, which is perfect for my new sobriety. Can't go around smelling like a chemistry lab all the time;)

Ether-Friends, show yourself!

What is the headspace like and how long are you in it?
My only exp. w/ether was to spray a little on the cocaine or meth we were selling to give it "that smell".

Ether is a typical dissociative when inhaled, but it also comes with a little euphoric 'kick'. It's somehow smoother than nitrous with less 'hammering' in your skull, if you know what i mean. Real easy to dose and hard to overdo (youd forget what you were doing and stop inhaling).

I have no clue what cocaine smells like, that being one of the few drugs i haven't wanted to try.

One thing is that ether liberates a lot of really stupid ideas in your head; you need a safe space for it. But the effects of one inhalation don't last more than a minute so that's ok, even great. So you can build up a heavy buzz then stop and be sober in ten minutes. That's betty useful imo

Yeah to bad you smell like garbage after doing it! Makes really obvious that your doing it if someone knows that smell. My friend used to steal the ether from the chemical company he worked for when we were in HS, one day he inhaled some during his mid day transfer from a community college, and when he got to his math class everyone started complaining about the strange smell. The teacher even commented by saying it smelled like someone was huffing something, which made him internally freak out. Hahaha!

What's a good amount of ether to use/get? I only ever used it via a bottle on a rag. No clue how much was in the bottle though...

Be sure to order anhydrous 99.9% di ethyl ether stabilized with bht. 500ml are about 50 bucks and should last for 100 sesdions at least. Btw Never inhale from the main bottle!

Be warned though: ordering this puts you on all manner of federal lists. When you next fly be prepared for a search, and don't order this if you want a security clearance anywhere above 'janitor' level..

Be warned though: ordering this puts you on all manner of federal lists. When you next fly be prepared for a search, and don't order this if you want a security clearance anywhere above 'janitor' level..

Not if you shop where I do.

Never mind that...couldn't find it on the DW either...yet.

Last edited:
Ahh ok. Maybe just bite the bullet and order, it's not like my world ended or anything. And I'm also into model rockets (seriously) so maybe that's why i got put on those lists. Sigh. It does make things more annoying reentering the country but it's been years since i had problems on domestic flights.