• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

The Kick begins in earnest tomorrow....but have questions and a shi*t ton of anxiety!

Hey 10!! I'm alive;). My dad is visiting from NY for the weekend, so I've been busy trying to be a dutiful daughter! Thank you so much for thinking of me!! You are a true gem.

And I will certainly be back to fill you in on how AWESOME the induction process is going....(not)8o

Ok, seriously, last post! 10, it is downright FREAKY how much we seem to have in common!! I just read about your account getting screwed (and I am soooo sorry you are dealing with that shit) and I had the same thing just happen last Thursday. The only reason I caught the unauthorized charges to my account was because I happened to check on a deposit I made earlier in the day. I NEVER check online, so I got lucky. There were a bunch of fraudulent UBER charges that occurred whilst I was still at work...like, HELLO? I can't be traversing the city in a fucking UBER while I am still cranking out K-bahn mi sandwiches, yo!!

Anyway, I feel for ya chica.

Lastly, have you heard or read recently about a new super powerful opioid, Dsuvia, 10x more powerful than Fentanyl, that the FDA just approved? Even as they realize lives will be lost to overdose and will likely worsen the current crisis we are in?? WTF?? Dolla Dolla bills....right??

Omg. No I didn't hear about the new opiates yet. Jesus. I heard there is also going to be a drug coming out that is way stronger then Lyrica too.

That's awesome that your dad came to visit. I hope you both are having a nice visit.

After that ordeal with my card, Im nervous about using it. Did you get your money back? At least some of it? Ugh. I'm sorry you went through that too LM.

I'm glad you're ok. And glad you checked in. :)

Ok, seriously, last post! 10, it is downright FREAKY how much we seem to have in common!! I just read about your account getting screwed (and I am soooo sorry you are dealing with that shit) and I had the same thing just happen last Thursday. The only reason I caught the unauthorized charges to my account was because I happened to check on a deposit I made earlier in the day. I NEVER check online, so I got lucky. There were a bunch of fraudulent UBER charges that occurred whilst I was still at work...like, HELLO? I can't be traversing the city in a fucking UBER while I am still cranking out K-bahn mi sandwiches, yo!!

Anyway, I feel for ya chica.

Lastly, have you heard or read recently about a new super powerful opioid, Dsuvia, 10x more powerful than Fentanyl, that the FDA just approved? Even as they realize lives will be lost to overdose and will likely worsen the current crisis we are in?? WTF?? Dolla Dolla bills....right??

so are you still holding onto those subutex waiting for the clouds to part, stars align and a direct signal from God to induct or have you given it another try??

Also yeah, dsuvia does seem concerning but lets not get caught up in sensationalist headlines. I expect for the FDA to approve a new powerful opioid when we're in the midst of an opioid crisis it can't be all that recreational. Fentanyl is its parent drug and that isn't particularly euphoric, plus apparently they're setting up a special overseeing commission solely to prevent diversion, so if they manage to tightly control the supply and only dispense it in monitored, supervised conditions then they could make it too expensive for dealers to want to use it to cut heroin. However, this is of course me being an idealist & an optimist - it could just as likely be another stupid decision in a string of awful choices pharmaceutical companies have made over the last 100 years when it comes to opioids.

Probably more the latter, Rio. Ugh.

I'm so sorry to hear about y'all's bank accounts. I had this happen to me last year while I was in active addiction and had no money for 2 days and went into horrible withdrawal. My dealer knew I was good for it too and refused to front me anything (God, I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that asshole anymore). By the time the money hit my account (i was checking just about every 10 seconds...hitting refresh on my banking app) I was about to go insane. I probably yelled at half of the management at Bank of America by the time those 2 days were through.

10years, I'm really proud of you for not using with your husband. But, Jesus, that situation has got to be SO ROUGH...having it offered to you. You've got some killer self control these days, I know it prob doesn't feel like it sometimes. You seem to be learning some good coping techniques...getting out of the house when tempted by his use...utilizing the folks at NA. I know you must love him dearly to still stay with him despite him still using and how hard it is for your own recovery, but have you talked to him about how tough this makes it for you? Maybe get him to not push it in your face like that? I know he's just trying to help...he loves you and he hates seeing you distressed and wants to do whatever he can to make you feel better, that's natural for anyone who truly loves someone...but I know he's gotta realize that your sobriety is important and, even if he's not going the right direction right now, your personal sobriety should be respected. I have one friend who uses, and still does, but he realizes my sobriety is important to me, so the occasional times I see him (he's so bad, he rarely goes to social events anymore), he knows better than to even mention dope to me bc, even though he uses, he wants me to quit (just like he wants himself to quit...but cant at the moment). Now, this is a friend not a lover and I know things are different...I just don't want to see you fall back into the habit full time because of this relationship.

lovemissle, don't listen to our resident asshole, Rio ;) You induct when you are ready. Though, I will tell you that it will never be the "perfect time" if that's what you're looking for. Just make sure you induct on a day you know you won't have to work (or handle anything else important), preferably sometime when you have 2 days off in a row. I took a half-day at work the day I inducted (my clinic said to plan on being there from 7am-11am) thinking after the subs kicked in, I'd be fine to go to work...and I was wrong. Luckily, I have an office job and my boss let me take the remainder of the day off (i told him I had gone to the dr and the medication they gave me was making me sick...which was true). I made it through the second day but just barely. Don't let me frighten you too much though..my tolerance was THROUGH THE ROOF when I started (2-3 grams a day just to feel normal). One of my biggest regrets was not tapering down some before I inducted. I would recommend inducting when you have 1-2 days you can take completely off and have it be during a week where, after work, you don't have to do too much if you don't want to. The first week, I would just go straight home from work and lay in bed and watch netflix or read murder mystery novels. I wouldn't call it a "relaxing experience", but it felt good to not have any responsibilities for a few days while I adjusted. After 5 days, I was completely fine and ready to live life like normal again. Like I said, I had a ridiculously high tolerance and my experience is probably worse than most. Good luck!

Love yall, thinking about you guys always!

Thanks Lady:). I have enough experience with Sub, that I know better than to think I could induct while trying to also work. This has been part of my problem with inducting. By the time the weekend rolls around,
there is a pile of shit I think I need to get done...and how can I possibly finish all of these SUPER IMPORTANT tasks (laundry, taking bike apart to clean, etc) if I am feeling like ass??! So the latest plan...HOPE YOU ARE PAYING APT ATTENTION RIO!!, is to induct this weekend while I have an extra day off. Monday is a holiday?? I had what I considered to be a monster habit as well. I am tapering this week and I fully expect the first couple days to be gnarly. I have a trip to my mom's in NC coming up for Thanksgiving, and I don't want to bring drugs this time. It would be lovely to spend the holiday untethered to Ms. Heroin. But, me being me...HOPE YOU ARE PAYING APT ATTENTION RIO!!, this plan could go to shit too. Main thing is-I WANT off this shit. But breaking up is hard to do, man!

Thanks Lady:). I have enough experience with Sub, that I know better than to think I could induct while trying to also work. This has been part of my problem with inducting. By the time the weekend rolls around,
there is a pile of shit I think I need to get done...and how can I possibly finish all of these SUPER IMPORTANT tasks (laundry, taking bike apart to clean, etc) if I am feeling like ass??! So the latest plan...HOPE YOU ARE PAYING APT ATTENTION RIO!!, is to induct this weekend while I have an extra day off. Monday is a holiday?? I had what I considered to be a monster habit as well. I am tapering this week and I fully expect the first couple days to be gnarly. I have a trip to my mom's in NC coming up for Thanksgiving, and I don't want to bring drugs this time. It would be lovely to spend the holiday untethered to Ms. Heroin. But, me being me...HOPE YOU ARE PAYING APT ATTENTION RIO!!, this plan could go to shit too. Main thing is-I WANT off this shit. But breaking up is hard to do, man!

ahh, good point. how could anyone possibly tackle their addiction when they have laundry to do?? I was worried for a second there that you might be finding trivial excuses not to start the subs, I didn't realise you had laundry.

^^LOL

Believe me, I've used that as an excuse before too. Well, when trying to "Bernese Method" induct I would tell myself it was ok to keep on the dope when I should've dropped it and been on only subs at that point but said "well my house is a mess, ill never clean it without being on opiates so i should use and get everything straightened up before I take the official plunge...".

I always found that gave me time enough for a *real* reason I couldn't induct just yet to pop up.

Not trying to be hard on you, lovemissile...Like I said, do it when you know you're ready..just don't let minor things keep you from it only. There will *always* be a good reason, to you anyways, to not induct just yet..but if you have the time off that you need I'd say go for it. I used to plan to induct on days off, then when the days off came, I'd say "well i don't want to spend my only days to rest in misery...ill do it next weekend..." over and over and over again until I had to quit or life was about to completely unravel. And youll get there too eventually. Remember that.

Keep us posted, we're all rooting for ya! :D

I miss you 108). Guess its my turn to say: I hope all is well, relatively speaking, of course, and that you return safely to BL when you are good and ready. I mean, C'mon!! You certainly don't want to let this weekend pass you by and miss out on all of my new clean and sober plans that I have laid out for myself...again...and again! Seriously though-I do miss ya. So COME BACK ALREADY!!

God I love you LM. Lol. You're funny. It's not easy to make me laugh. I'm the funny one that makes everyone laugh. It's nice to have it the other way around. Thank you.

I'm semi-ok. I'm on day 2 w subs. To make things suck more, it was hardly worth it. The shit was just that - shit.

I did take my subs that day. Then did a couple bags that night. Actually felt it. Strongly. But it only lasted about 30mins.

Then did some more of the dumb shit for a day and a 1/2 more. It was like it was more of a tease. It also made me feel depressed. So I was pissed off basically the entire time.

I inducted myself yesterday. Felt really shitty. I got a little more of that bullshit, did some. It took the edge off for an hour or so. Today, I took my subs, 1mg at a time, at 12hrs. I've taken about 6mgs so far today. I feel half and half. I know the drill, but it still sucks. I'm really sweaty and that general all-around gross feeling of grossness that goes with withdrawal. And what would all of this be without the depression and anxiety. Uuuggh.

Ladyh - as far as the situation with my husband, it's really, really difficult. If I were in the position to, Id give him the ultimatum of either stop getting dope or I'm going to live elsewhere until you do.

It has started alot of huge fights. Caused many tears. And I tried alot of stuff to try to get out of the situation--even for a month or two. Nothing worked out. That's a huge reason why I don't talk to my 2 best friends. When I started slipping, I didn't hide it. I reached out.. So yeah. The bright side is I got him on subs. And our use is getting less and less.

LM, I have 100% faith that you're going to get there. 90% of the time, I'm stable on subs and so grateful that Im on them. I know you'll get there.

Is the weather in VA as shitty as it is in PA today? Cold, dark and rainy. Hope you stop in. ❤️

Hola 10! Been off the site for a couple of days and it feels good to be back. Kudos to you for taking the sub=D. Don't you just love when you make up your mind to quit and suddenly
your stingy dealer decides to give out freebies???! Swear to God, it was like she didn't even hear me! Or rather, she did but chose to ignore my situation. I was absolutely resolute in my
decision not to buy any from her and then she ignores every word that came out of my mouth with this: Well, I have some really good shit right now that I want you to try! HELLO?? Did I not
just say I'm not interested?

Long story short, I took the sample. You needed a magnifying glass to find it. And then to top it all off....I am back in the good graces of my other dealer, the one with the great shit. This is all only
happening because I want off!!! Its a test. And I failed miserably! Still not giving up though.

Gosh 10, I wish I could talk to you about your relationship with your husband. It mirrors the one I had with my significant other. He is the one who introduced me to heroin. At the time, he had no idea I would
take to it the way I did. And we had many good years together before drugs were a significant part of our lives. That is why I never gave up on us. The hope was to get us back to where we were as a couple
before drugs wreaked havoc on our lives. Anyway, I feel for you tremendously.

The weather here is absolutely bipolar!! 60's one day and 40's the next. Personally, I prefer the cold. Not a fan of heat or humidity.

Hope you are ok. Thinking of ya.
And reading about your induction is very helpful info for me. I hope you keep posting

So, where I'm at today.... I think !its pretty safe to say that I am just NOT READY to let go of Ms. Heroin yet. Everyday I am beating myself up because I just cannot bring myself to put the dope down and take the G-DAMN sub. I walk around most of the day just sighing. I don't know how else to put it. Just massive anxiety and I haven't even attempted an induction. I'm guessing most of my depression and anxiety is just residual leftover from my guy's demise a couple years ago. Actually, shit, its coming up on 3 years now. Is that even possible?? I've been "quitting" for almost 3 fucking years! Now I AM depressed=D. If you are lurking somewhere out there Rio, please be kind. I don't need more guilt right now. I am fully capable of that all on my own, thank you very much! No progress for moi, but I still come here and get so much encouragement from everyone else who is courageous and fighting the good fight and telling heroin to fuck off. Gives me hope.

If you have subs what are you so worried about? You won?t be in withdrawal at all if you take the subs so idk what you?re freaking out about tbh

You obviously dont want off of it that bad. Its a walk in the park with suboxone lol and really you cant do laundry because youre gonna be on subs? Come on thats a weak excuse right there, as soon as you take the sub you?re gonna feel normal...

Hey Nick! I don't know "your story", ok? But I've been at this shit for 15 plus years. And Sub is not a walk-in-the-park. I've inducted before, so I know what to expect. I do not feel normal "as soon as I take" sub. Takes a couple days and even then I do not feel even close to fucking normal. Its just a tool to help some of the withdrawal symptoms I experience. But hey! Thanks for the advice!

Big hugs LM! Just hang in there. You'll get there when you get there. As I've told you, you've started the process by having the thought of wanting to stop. Don't underestimate how important having that desire is.

At one time, I had no desire to be clean. I planned on using opiates in one way or another for the rest of my life. If I wasn't on medication that helps with my severe anxiety and panic attacks, there wouldn't of been a chance of stopping. It was torture to be in my skin.

NICK - either you have a small habit or you're new to subs or both. Whatever. Subs are NOT "a walk in the park". I'm speaking from personal experience. Induction is difficult for me, as well as numerous others. Your habit must be small.

Subs make getting off of opiates less shitty. Less shitty doesn't = good or a walk in the park. It takes about 4-5 days for me stabilize. 4or 5 long, miserable days.

Did you take the time to read Lovemissile's entire thread? She's not delusional or making any excuses. She's struggling. She's well aware of what's going on with her. She also stated that she's not ready yet. She's one of the most self-aware people I know.

Sober Living is a place for support. It doesn't require being clean. If one has the desire to be clean, they're in the right place. She has the desire. It takes time. No one gets struck sober. It's a process.

Rather than posting to be critical, why don't you share your story with us? That's what is important. Lovemissile needs support. All of us trying to better ourselves do. You included. I hope you come back and share your experience. We're here for you.

Dearest LM, I'm ok. Stable finally. It wasn't the worst re-induction, nor was it the best. Meh. So tired of riding on the deranged carousel. Hope you stop in! :) <3

Going from a full-agonist opiate (heroin, oxys, etc.) to a partial-agonist opiate (bupe/subs) is quite noticeable to those of us with big habits.

At the height of my addiction, (IV heroin) I was using a gram to a gram and a half a day, on top of 300mgs of prescribed morphine. I was easily able to put 150mcgs of fentynal in my mouth and function (a 100mcg patch and a 50mcg patch on my tongue and the inside of my cheek).

Now, when I use, I could easily use a bundle (14 bags) myself, but I use 7 bags. How long it takes to go through them varies on the quality. But, on average, it takes about 12 hours. So, I guess, my tolerance is considered fairly high still.

I dread re-induction. It's really unpleasant. I'm basically useless the first 3 days. After that, I'm pushing myself to do what I need to.

So yeah, for those of us with higher tolerances, it's a difficult experience. I envy people that feel almost instantly better after taking a sub.

Just putting it out there, for someone that may not be feeling instantly better. Not everyone does. It depends on the size of your habit, length of time, etc. It's definitely not a one size fits all type of thing. It will get better. ???

10, I didn't realize your husband was on subs now, too. YAY! I know that helps the situation so much!

Nick, I'm gonna go ahead and echo EXACTLY what these 2 have said: getting on subs from a heavy habit SUCKS. It takes me 5-6 days to feel "normal" when switching from heroin to subs. The first 1-3 days don't feel a whole lot different than cold turkey to me, honestly. Trust me, I thought I would be "totally fine" once I inducted on subs as well, shit I didn't even take off work, but I was VERY WRONG. Even after getting *used* to the subs, normal still wouldn't be what I would call the way I felt.

Nick must have a ~50mg hydrocodone habit or something...quiet darling, adults are talking over here :p