Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

the joys of prescription speed...

pinkanga

Bluelighter
Just kidding about that subject title by the way =D

Anyway, Ive just got a prescription for dexamphetamine for ADD. Im 22 and only just now diagnosed so as you can imagine Im still a little skeptical about the whole thing, but thats not the point of this post. I was just curious if there is anyone else on this board who has experience using stims for ADD, and if so did your previous drug taking cause you to have to adjust the dose due to tolerance?

Like I said, Im slightly skeptical about all this but am willing to do what it takes to see if its an accurate diagnosis. I havent done drugs heavily since 2002/ start of 2003, and even then it was mostly mdma, but I am a little concerned that this will have some effect on how the Dex do or dont work for me. If anyone has any info or advice based on experience they would like to share I would love to hear it.

Cheers :D

After being on dexedrine and methlyphenidate for 4 years now off them, id have to say they have screwed me up more than any illegal substance ever has. After weighing up the upsides and the downsides i swore off them they caused me insomnia and depression :( on the upside they made school a complete breeze but due to its stimulate effects the upsides soon came to an end.

watch dat speed carefully if still playin' w nootropics, pinkanga

I wouldn't expect past drug use to effect your tolerance for dexies unless it was regular and prolonged speed use.

Whatever you do, don't assume you've got a tolerance. Start with the prescribed dose, if it doesn't do what it needs to, I'd say see your doctor and tell him the story.

OK, cheers guys. This is all pretty crazy, the fact that Im actually prescribed speed is a little bizarre.

Thanx Nano, Im only taking piracetam right now and leavin the selegiline alone for a while.

ld50, what made the experience so negative for you? (if you dont mind me asking)

Yeah not a proble kanga ;)

Well i found that using dex 10mg i probably done it to myself. In a way i guess i abused them. 4 years ago i was perscribed dexamphetamine 10mg pills at a starting dose of 2 a day. Due to the fact they are stimulants i started to get very tolerant to them so in the 4 year period that i took them the dose reached up to about 11 a day which i believe is quite harmful :( what i didnt do is consult my ADD doctor on doses i just kept upping the dose when needed. The negative effects were lets jsut say a proper amphetamine Come Down and a large one at that worse than any other Amphetamine Come Down i have ever expierenced. These negative effects began to snowball leading to some bad depression and memory problems.

This probably doesnt make sense as i am pissed!

Hope it helps though

I take between 20-25mg of dexamphetamine a day and i think its great. In fact, i couldn't funciton without it. While this may not sound like an ideal situaiton, i have been on MEDICINE like this since i was about 8 so i don't really know any different. I think whether or not they are going to be good for you comes down to your condition, and you.

As for recreational drugs...if you use alot of methamphetamine you might find after a big weekend your MEDICINE isn't doing as much for you as it normally would, but as the meth is flushed from your system this should equalise over the course of a few days. In my experience this won't cause any detrimental tolerance issues, however given sustained abuse there is potential for problems of this nature. As long as you don't take it too far regularly u ought to be ok. Don't get caught in the trap of taking more MEDICINE when your usual dose isn't working as much, as this will have a ratcheting up effect, meaning you will start to require more on a permanent basis.

BY the way, i am 22 aswell.