• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The Jordan Peterson thread

I've watched a few of his lectures about DMT/psychedelics and although his delivery was relatively engaging, his actual knowledge seemed a little suspect. This has deterred me from bothering with any other subject he covers as I get the impression he's a self-professed 'expert' in just about everything.

PS. Oi, Bella, get yer tits out! ;)

Last edited:
I will just pop this here.
Tragically the creator of this image should have actually named our hero they-person and missed the opportunity of including them-ra.

gAztO2X.jpg

See you again in another few months, years, decades. Toodles

Been a JP fan for a while, not quite a fanboy but his lectures are interesting enough, even the Biblical series.

I may just be a dumb man in need of a smarter one, but that's fine with me.

^good to see around Cat!

Hiya:D

I've just started reading his new book, very good so far.

I've watched a few of his lectures about DMT/psychedelics and although his delivery was relatively engaging, his actual knowledge seemed a little suspect. This has deterred me from bothering with any other subject he covers as I get the impression he's a self-professed 'expert' in just about everything.

he is a professor at one of the most prestigious universities in Canada, so he isn't some random bum.

Heh you got a series crossover there. The protagonist that faced 'mom-ra', were the thundercats, and the reference wouldn't logically have been sexist in the latter case, given it was to the egyptian style of the antagonist/villain type. A reference to the 'dried out dead people' kind of mummy, the kind that ended up in a lot of artist's paintwork, as a rather macabre proto-modern era trade rather than the female parental unit.

And sure, a professor could be a bum. Question everything mate, prestige just makes it easier for a prick to pass as a human IMO. People will take the word of the trusted at face value easier than the perceived outsider. Its too easy a bias to unconciously pick up.

he is a professor at one of the most prestigious universities in Canada, so he isn't some random bum.

Didn't say he was a bum, just that being a professor of psychology doesn't make one an expert on every subject under the sun.

To be fair DMT would be the last thing I'd listen to him talk about, doubt he has any experience with it.

He seems to shine when it comes to Abrahamic stuff, and nazis / gulags...

Also:

NSFW:
2AaanyZ.jpg

Hiya:D

I've just started reading his new book, very good so far.

Likewise!

To be fair I have known professors who were total fucking bums.

Yes, but on the plus side, you could get him perfectly level with a three-point suspension .....

I'm still interested in hearing the reasoning behind the statements you made Julie. I can't say that I agree at the moment but I can say that I am more than willing to be convinced by solid reasoning.

I love this bloke. His interview with Cathy Newman was utterly hilarious. He argues logically and has his facts straight. His opponents very often do not and it makes for great entertainment. Cathy Newman was woefully out of her depth.

That said he's also pretty big on advocating Christian ideals which I really couldn't care less about. But as for the man himself and what he stands for, I like it.

For those who have no idea who he is check the Cathy Newman interview:

Pronouns ..... It's like this.

The inside of a person's head is the most sacred, inviolable private place. There is nothing so terrible that it should not even be imagined -- just as long as it stays firmly within the realm of imagination. But once you step outside that private space -- whether it be by saying something out loud, writing it down, making a picture or performing some kind of physical act, anything that could be perceived in any way at all by another person -- then you are entering the Danger Zone, the realm of Other People's Business. And this is where you have to be careful.

Take my arse, for example. I have been led, by a select few very close friends, to believe it is a particularly fine example of the genre. However, whether or not you agree is not (unless I consider you a sufficiently good friend; and, absent confirmation, you may assume otherwise) a matter with which I wish to concern myself. I have sufficient problems in my life without having to consider that some random stranger whom I had never previously had to think was even alive or dead, now believes that I have a Nice Arse and might be seeking to get a closer look or worse. For all I know, some sick pervert might want to kill me, stuff my arse and mount it on a little wooden stand so they can touch it every time they walk past it. I had been living in blissful ignorance of this the whole time, until they brought it to my attention; and now I am unable to think of anything else, in fear for my life. What you think of me is none of my business, and I would be most grateful if you kept it to yourself.

And so to pronouns. There seems little point in me being flippant and saying my most preferred pronoun is you because I would rather be talked to than talked about. If I know that someone prefers he, then I am simply being discourteous in calling him she or it -- any reasons I might offer for doing so are purely selfish. The words we use to talk about a person are that person's business; we make it so, the instant we express an idea in a way that can be imparted into the mind of another and so leave the confines of our own private mind space. And anyone who refers to me as he or it is not doing so out of ignorance -- I have an unmistakably human girl's name -- but out of deliberate disrespect for me, that they are too cowardly to express directly to my face.

The you tube video was pretty good and explained some social behaviours really well.

People refer to others in third person all the time and its no big deal. I get called "he" a lot here and did as a short haired tomboy kid.

Im pretty sure EVERYONE has had to use him or her, he ir she or whatever. Im pretty sure the poster above me would also refer to others as he or she based on assumptions .

I wouldnt think I was that important or above anyone else to dictate what pronoun anyone should use when discussing me. In third person, its up to the first person narrative. Ither peoples conversations are theirs so who cares

Its not a big deal at all imo and quite suprising that others would see it that way .

Each to their own.

Last edited:
Peterson has never said he will refuse to call someone by their preferred pronouns. His issue has always been with the state dictating that he do so. He does not deliberately call trans people by the wrong pronouns at all. He simply objects to the state controlling language.

As you said it's a matter of respect, right? I certainly do not believe it's up to the state to force us to be respectful to each other. If someone calls me a fucking dickhead that's disrespectful but should not be illegal. Social norms are not to be dictated by the state, that's the path to authoritarianism and that's the only point Peterson is making in regards to the issue.

To put it simply, he's the "stupid man's smart person". Not that that's a bad thing. I think a lot of us have become brain-dead, stricken with mental illness, and fallen from society that we need someone to tell us the obvious again.

Drugs derail you from what's normal. You miss social cues, you fail to recognize a particular interest, etc.

The best way I could put it was through analogy. Let's say everyone is communicating through a frequency like a radio. When you take drugs, all of the sudden your tune-in frequency gets lowered and you start missing what everyone is saying to the point you can't understand them anymore.

He's a good guy. I respect him.

I'd say if something is doing that to your tune-in frequency, it could be worthwhile to take one day off it and then two days at some point. Simply to see that the attentiveness can be brought back :)

Someone got a book of his posted to me today.. I don't want another rule book to go through.. Explanations of their codes and rules and practises might rob me of those I've fought for :/