• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The "Jesus" Trip - Delusions of Grandeur?

I've gotten this on L, MDxx, and DXM over several days never really coming down which was the worst one, including hyper-real synchronicity and feelings of being the godhead/chosen one.

This is a pretty good lecture on the nature of psychotropic drugs and part of the Jesus phenomena is addressed in here.
Michael Persinger - Psychotropic drugs and the nature of reality
http://btjunkie.org/torrent/Michael.../4324a646f3577b76ee99de9e79d784b011f7d2ad4a30

He discusses the fact that when certain parts of hte brain are stimulated thru say LSD, and those parts are responsible for the religion or God sensing. It was pretty interesting.

Paralogic said:
I am sorry if I offended anyone earlier, im really happy to hear people not taking these experiences for granted. I myself have had some pretty heartbreaking and relieving biblical visions during my binge. My most recent one was Jesus leaving me in the darkness and telling me that he would come back for me, and that scared the crap out of me (this is after I made the personal choice not to handle Jesus's work). I dont like getting too serious about it for social and personal reasons. I think the neurotheology of psychadelic drugs is an extremely sensitive topic for reasons I am not aware of (im young).

No problems man, I don't think anyone will be offended. Hopefully PD'ers are a bit more thick skinned then that.... :)

I think that thoughts and experiences like these arise because there is massive shortage of 'saviour' archetypes in society, relative to the number that we need to get rid of all the shit flying around. On psychedelic drugs it is possible to become aware of what is possible for your self to become and to achieve. Because they can give us a sense of being connected to the divine ground (or whatever you want to call it) and also a sense of purpose, the idea of self moves from mundane through heroic to messianic.
Our society sneers at ideas of universal love, interconnectedness and indeed at finding nobilty and honour in humans outside the cinema. Since the world seen through psychedelics often makes these concepts apparent, obvious even, a stark contrast is immediately drawn with the straight world and some form of enlightenment is felt. The Jesus archetype is unique since in mainstream christian 'theology' the entire weight of mankind's sins can be borne on his shoulders. This is not true of, say, Buddha.
I suppose you could say that perhaps under the influence of psychedelics we can become more aware of our (effectively) infinite potential and genuine ability to affect great change in the world around us i.e bear the weight of the world on our own shoulders. Or it could just be total delusion...

I try to act like jesus every day. Not because of who he was, but because of what he was. Seems like a somewhat overhyped explanation, but really all it encompasses is my going about my business doing my best to be pure, and be understanding.

while on psychedelics I don't get much opportunity to share these practices with the outside world, considering I'm typically immersed in the intricacies of my own head. But my psychedelic use has certainly played a role in the development of these outlooks, and it shows in how I conduct myself more often than not.

I think actually operating under the assumption you're jesus or any historical figure is kinda silly btw.

Waxwing Slain said:
I think that thoughts and experiences like these arise because there is massive shortage of 'saviour' archetypes in society,
I kind of wonder that also. In a lot of cultures that use psychedelics they invoke deities and gods and actually believe they become them. I wonder if there is a level of ego loss that the mind feels it needs identity but can’t find it in our ego we just lost so it turns to archetypes from the culture its from. We have virtually none just Jesus and we have no ritual or pattern to control this so maybe it just turns into madness.
Not sure I have been really out there but I never thought I was Jesus maybe it because I don’t go to church.

who hasnt had the Jesus trip eh?

I've come to believe over time though that Jesus is in fact the drugs

^^^^ If you're not already on to them, I refer you to The Temple of the True Inner Light. God resides in the DPT molecule. :)

i havent read any of this thread but i will still add my input.

tripping has made me believe i am god. and that has carried over into my sober life.
ona side note i think you all are god too.

and i am u and u are me and we are 1

love and lite

<John Wayne voice> "That's all fine and dandy there God, but I'm tellin' ya this universe ain't big enough for all of us..."

<unholsters six-shooter>

Another thread wherein all manner of weirdness lurks....

We're all 'gods' but we can only move as fast as the slowest amongst us, and amongst humans theres some mighty slow folk.

^^^^ You signed on for this madness. Odds are even you're a barfly before 2007 is up... :D

I know a good pub called "The Pearly Gates," but I don't think they let ruffians like ourselves inside...they send us down the street to that other guy's place...

Last edited:
A friend of mine went to a festival and said they saw someone tripping that was swearing that he was Jesus. Long story short his trip got a bit out of hand in the eyes of security and they ended up tackling him and taking him away... :(

This is slightly different than what most people are describing but as I've always called it my "jesus trip" I'll explain it anyway.
I was bought up in a semi-religious environment, my family were non religious yet I went to a school that enforced religious education etc. As I got into taking drugs a few of my friends were born again and left our group. Shortly after this I discovered mushrooms and ever since I've had a recurring motif in my tripping.
Occasionally (I'd say about 30% of the time I trip hard) I will find myself lying with my eyes closed gliding through mental images unburdened and quite calm, then, suddenly I will be eye to eye with a crucified Jesus, he stares at me and I stare back, then in a fractal style a see multitudes of crucifixes flash before my eyes (which are closed) and then again I come face to face with him. Then its goes away.
I've thought long and hard over what this means, and haven't really gotten anywhere. my only inkling it is a sort of relfection of myself (or god) watching my whilst I'm tripping
Strange, but oddly comforting

Jesus wants you to act like him

Lordy Lordy I can testify to the ability of LSD making you have a signifigant religious experience. I was tripping on an unknown amount (more than 25 doses) of L, and this kid at the festival came up to me and said "Hey man are you down with Jesus?" and I said out loud "hey you know what, i LOVE jesus!" loud enough that everyone around the fire could hear. I felt like i had witnessed to them all, and felt the reflection of love back from everyone because i realised that I did love them all, regardless of their sins (i was reading minds and could tell who was remorseful about their life)

<3 The answer, friends is contained in Jesus' message- LOVE THY NEIGHBOR. Psychedelics can teach us about love, unity, forgiveness, integrity, honesty, companionship, and honor. Our minds can most definately be used to the constructive end of decipleship, that is following Jesus, that is teaching about his love, and demonstrating by YOUR OWN actions the benifit walking in the light of love.

yes. we are ALL Jesus. Spread the LOVE

I've had the Jesus (or was I Adam? it all seems to blend together ;) )trip after n,n-DMT, sleep deprivation and skydiving which landed me in a month long vacation from reality equipped with my very own personal regiment of drugs I was forced to take.

I had the entire Gnostic cosmology drawn out in my head w/ some syncretism with Catholicism and I was constantly being "tested" and one of these "tests" was this institution stay which would decide whether I was truly the archetypal savior figure known as Jesus. Numerology played a large role and there was no such thing as coincidence, Jung's concept of synchronocity and collective unconcious were also fairly important since I grabbed some sort of psy-abilities from my interpretation of them. I didn't really have them it was simply a delusion.

I don't think we are all Gods and I more or less agree with Catholicisms interpretation of Christ. Maybe it's just me but I trust the theologians who have pondered these questions over and over. But those who disagree and by into the Gnostic idea will probably say I'm brainwashed and there was a massive conspiracy to hide the "truth."