• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The "Jesus" Trip - Delusions of Grandeur?

Paralogic

Ex-Bluelighter
I went on a bit of a tripping binge and thought I was Jesus this past month, this was usually when I was on K or acid (or both). I got really emotional, had all these biblical visions I dont like talking about. I acted out some empathetic mood that I thought was absolutely divine to the people around me, my friends dont trip so they didnt take that well :lol:. Learned a huge lesson about denial, music, happiness and all that junk. Anyways, when this was over it was all really funny to me and I was glad I didnt go out in public and start running around town with cardboard signs. I hear this is common when people go on acid or K binges, I hear its also quite the cult starter :lol:. Im wondering if anyone here had any good stories about people who took the jesus trip too far.

Well my boy, your timing is perfect. Xorkoth was Jesus last week, I'm not up for Jesus until the New Year (thank God!), and Youkai lost his sandals.

So you're appointed by default.

WILLOW!!

I tackled a man carrying his shopping across the street once during a fairly substantial psychadelic binge because I thought a tree (it was actually an electricity pole) was falling on him. After the abuse and threats of physical violence that ensued I had to go back to the squat and eat another ten-strip to calm down.

I'm not sure if this qualifies, I didn't exactly think I was Jesus but I did think I was saving his life. It makes me smile now thinking back on it anyway. I was 16 at the time I think.

Cant see this going far. Sorry Lord...

Actually, I was Jesus for three months, about 2 or 3 months ago. ;)

I KID!!! (but it wasn't LSD and K, it was 4-AcO-DMT, AMT, and a bit of K)

On a somewhat serious note, it is not necessary to believe you are the reincarnation of Jesus to use your energy to benefit those around you.

Okay, I actually feel like this thread could be an interesting discussion, so I've re-opened it. This has become a place to discuss the "Jesus trip", or perhaps it would be better named as something else (in fact, a better name would be great).

My own experience slowly rose up out of a streak of goodness in my life, coupled with a lot of psychedelics. I began using AMT fairly often, and I found that it connected me to the flow of universal love and inspiration. I discovered 4-AcO-DMT, and I found that it allowed a very unique effect of being joined with the universal consciousness, while still allowing the ego structure to remain surprisingly intact. I found that the combination produced an amazing state of awareness and connection and euphoria and love. For a good two to three months I got more and more euphoric and connected. I felt like everything was flowing perfectly and falling into place in my life. Synchronicity was everywhere. I felt as if I was affecting the outcome of real-world events based on my output of love and positivity. My cat recovered from near-death from heart disease overnight, and somehow attained a state of perfect health in every way. The vet said it was a medical miracle. The heart disease he found was gone entirely. I'm sure everyone could tell the direction I was heading here on Bluelight by my posts. I felt so amazingly inspired at all times.

This long experience came to a head one night, the night of my third +4 experience. Here is the report. I felt as if I was an extension of the universe/universal consciousness, and that my purpose was to help create and maintain humankind's revolution, by starting the spread of love which would gain momentum and affect everyone.

I must stress that I never believed I was anyone special, never believed that I was Jesus reborn or anything like that. I believed (believe actually) that we are all just as special as anyone else. We all have the capacity to tune our energy to a heightened state in which we can output love and positivity to everything around us. By doing this, we can spread this energy around, and as it grows in others, those others can continue to spread it around to still others. In theory, eventually it would spread to the whole world. Although in reality I'm not sure it could ever happen. Some people are just too damaged.

So, delusion or truth? I don't know. What I do know is that I learned some things from that period of time that I apply to my life every day. I discovered that the secret to personal happiness is love, and the best way to feel love is to spread it to others. If you output positivity and love into the universe, it comes back to you. If you dwell in negativity, anger, or hate, that too will come back to you.

What I can say for sure is that taking psychedelics too often is not the way to maintain this state. And it definitely makes it much more difficult to determine what is real and what is a delusion brought on by a manic state of spiritual euphoria.

Xorkoth said:
I believed (believe actually) that we are all just as special as anyone else. We all have the capacity to tune our energy to a heightened state in which we can output love and positivity to everything around us
Absolutely %)

i think that people get the jesus trip because we all have the capacity to do great things

its somewhere in all our minds and sometimes psychedelics find it

Intravenous... great story :).

A good friend of mine went off the deep end for quite a while. He said he tripped for 3 months straight. He just recently got "back" after staying with his parents far away and a brief stint in an institution. In all it's been about two and half years. The man already looks like a less anglicized/more arabic looking Jesus and was/is truly a good person. After this trip he was awake for days and when we left the festival he gave away all his stuff, lived on the street, stopped eating, wouldn't go indoors, and picked up cigarette butts on the streets.

However, I get a minor Jesus trip everytime I trip. I live my values exactly as I feel they truly are, because I can't and don't know how to "act". When I trip it is me uncensored and me uncensored is better than me thinking critically... well in some situations, but in regards to social interaction I'm definitely wayyyyy more magnanimous.

The fact that our minds HAVE the capacity, albeit with an exogenous catalyst, to change the balance towards one of empathy, understanding, and kindness is fantastic. Some people are closer to that normally, but really I think it is an unnatural state. I think most people do good, because they know it is good not because of they feel glorious all the time. Very much so the opposite I think.

Oh and on mushrooms I routinely see a Light Bright(TM)-like flashing image of Jesus on the cross with my eyes closed. It's not an act of imagination that I construe; it looks like Jesus. It is detailed and unmistakable. I've often wondered if it was my upbringing in a Irish-Catholic home and schooling that when my medial hypothalamus gets stimulated that is the programmed image that my brain retrieves.

I think the "Beatific Trip" or something like that would be more appropriate. It's more descriptive and doesn't infer that the person thought they were actually Jesus. It just describes their saintly actions or saintly intent more so ;).

PAX,
PIMPACVS LAZERVS

I'm glad we're discussing this. Living in a somewhat religious community, I'm afraid to talk about this with many people because some zealot is sure to get very very offended.

The first time I tripped acid I thought I had been visited by Jesus during the course of the night. It's very hard to remember what that felt like now because I'm not tripping. I felt a divine connection to the world, and everything was whole.

Then the second time I tripped I really felt like God. I was relaxing on my couch, eyes closed, and the entire universe felt like my own daydream.

I still consider these just to be feelings. I tend to remain atheist.

My 'friend' was sent to rehab and then to boot camp after spilling a vial, of what he said was "sandoz L-25", but he also said he was in a trip for a long period of time. He said the whole time going through the facilities he thought he was jesus, and in the boot camp he added that he thought he was walking through the desert being persecuted, soon to be crucified.

And I'm glad it caught on!

The difficulty in this subject is that it's difficult, when you're in such a trip, to determine whether your thoughts and actions are validated. Living your life in such a way, in my mind, can only be a good thing. What is wrong with trying to promote peace and love with your every thought and action? Our world makes it almost impossible to live that way, unfortunately. But does that make it wrong, or more importantly, delusional?

However, there is a line that can be crossed, for sure. I had a friend in college who eventually revealed to us that he in all honesty believed that he was the perfect human, the reincarnation of Jesus the Biblical figure. This lead him to get incredibly arrogant. He would often say that he's the perfect human and the best, most moral example in the world. He got incredibly smug about it and developed a serious superiority complex. Of course, in reality he was a drug-addicted megalomaniac who ended up dropping out of college, becoming an alcoholic, and being extremely angry and bitter at everyone and everything.

Nice link, I urge everyone to read into it a bit. Food for thought, it is.

^^ yeah that is a good read, lol. Very true about how you start thinking you're the center of the cosmic universe.

I agree with them...very interesting read. I understand how you can build up the delusions, though I've never had a spiritual journey yet.

Side note of randomness: My friends band was called Delusions of Grandeur, wasn't half bad either.

didn't jesus say that he was our brother, and that he was the son of god (meaning that we are the sons of god as well?)

and also, when jesus was ressurected on easter, didn't the holy spirit sweep through everything that was living?? (and if the holy spirit is a form of god, then we also have this portion of god in ourselves.)

think of what christian mean....one of christ (or something along those lines)
i don't take that as meaning we should look at the bible and stand beneath it as shelter. one of christ, should be doing exactly as jesus did.

also though, jesus is an archetype for a perfectly good person. the fact that we could be perfectly good, means we could adopt the jesus archetype as our own. to say that one 'is jesus' could be considered blasphemous, no doubt. but to say that one has followed the footsteps of christ is the goal of christianty.

and also....if jesus were around today i bet he'd be disappointed that all these hardore christians spend all their time praying to him. afterall, he clearly said not to pray to anyone other than god. but also, there is so much good that could be done with the time of exultation of god and christ. not to say that its not good to praise god from time to time, but to sit below the canopy of god and goodness and only praise it is as something so far beyond ourselves is just lazy. the world is not perfect, shouldn't we be making change and attempting to 'carry the stone' (ie. pick up where jesus left off)?

Jesus H. Christ, I can't believe this thread is open again.

Can someone at least dispel the fallacy that possession of the earthly bodies of psychonauts by the big "J" really isn't a common thing?

It's not, right?

Right!!? 8o

Willow, I hope the lord forgives you, you knew not what you did... :D

This is why I *hate* tripping with hippies. Can't fucking handle themselves.