• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Intelligence of DMT - A Retrospective Analysis.

What about 4-Aco-DMT, 5-Meo-DMT and 5-Meo-MiPT ? Are they any close to the real experience?

Well, 4-Aco-DMT is more analogous with mushrooms (4-HO-DMT) and was once thought to be a prodrug for it. Either way, its not that similar to DMT in terms of duration, though some of the effects are broadly similar. 5-Meo-DMT is closer to DMT but is still vastly different in its almost non-visual, universe-shifting non-effect. It shares a similar duration to DMT, so is relatively close in one sense. I've only had 5-Meo-MIPT once and found it closer to mushrooms then DMT, though I cannot recall much from the experience.

All the tryptamines you mentioned are 'close' to DMT is some ways, but DMT is truly unique in its duration and effect profile. Most short-acting psychedelics, like salvia or 5-Meo-DMT or bufotenine are quite unpleasant and often extremely dislocating and physically stressful; some kind of accompanying sympathetic nervous system arousal with adrenaline and panic-chemicals. DMT can have that, but seems to be by-and-large extremely welcoming and pleasant. There's nothing else that really compares. :)

about the intelligence in dmt i wouldn't say it has its own inteligence but somehow changes our thinking patterns and a very extrange way, i think we could understand it better by analyzing a brain scan of someone having a breakthrough. Neuroscience has done some progress in that realm (if there is already a study like that please link me).

If i had to guess i'd say it makes some kind of neuro pathway which stimulates a higher degree of consciousness, it's not rocket science, dmt is closely related to tryptophan and could be studied fairly easy. If we get to know what happens in your brain on DMT we would have a better picture of how does it really work.
We already know psilocybin stimulates neurogenesis (new connections) so that could be a clue.

But it really is an amazing drug, i found it carries (somehow) a lot of information and some kind of meaning. That's where it gets tricky...

Sorry i posted this from my phone I'll edit later

Last edited: