• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

The insane Canadian renaming of Cannabis strains

Herijuana is a great strain!

As a breeder/genticist, I can say that the Canadia government has renamed most strains(which is very frustrating).

However, their cannabis is not very good to begin with, but if it's all you got...

Myself and other breeders often name the strains we create based on the strains used, what the line of breeding is and/or something that has meaning to us.

Others often name strains based on marketing profitability( I understand but I do not like this method)

Sometimes the names come from terpene and or cannabinoid(s) present or even odors of the strain.

Hope this helps!

Endo
I do remember it being a decent pain relief but not quite as potent as other strains that were taking off at the time. The name can be underwhelming or overwhelming depending on who you ask. I don't think the name itself should be regulated, however. That makes no sense.

Depends on the person, also the grower too.

Also, I've tested many strains that aren't even what they say they are, which is brutal.

Grown well, herijuana and black domina are very narcotic as far as cannabis goes.

I've even crossed them together (black tar) and it's pretty heavy lol.

Advertising is strict, very strict. we’ve ended up with a lot of mono or limited colour packaging with single or limited colour labelling. I don’t care about the labelling (gee, I’d even buy the stuff in a baggie) but one disturbing tidbit I’ve noticed is the naming; we are changing the well known names of strains (with known genetics) and selling them to new consumers, who might never know that (Donegal is Green Cush is Green Crack). Names of lakes, mountains, glaciers, people (Justin Trudope), birds, animals, fish, etc. It would have been nice to know that Rolling Skies was Blue Dream or that Jumping Jack was Jack Haze. We are picking names st random, it seems.

uuvaIrll.jpg

And I would have effing appreciated knowing that one strain shown above was Afghan Kush when it was being sold as something else.

Tom
THIS IS AN OUTRAGE HOW DARE YOU RENAME WELL KNOWN OG STRAINS OF CANNABIS!!!