• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The ideal freebase cocaine ("crack") pipe

Marauder

Bluelighter
* screen or filter or brillo here refers to a metal (steel or copper) mesh, such as the “Chore Boy” brand or the metal screens you use in your weed pipe. Note that some scouring pads as the Brillo brand come with soap on them and are NOT safe to smoke.

The Ideal pipe

- Does not break from heat shock

- Does not break on minor falls

- Not brittle enough that even aggressive cleaning breaks it

- Made of pyrex (or borosilicate glass) 1-2mm wide. For 2mm you should also get a torch lighter or propane torch (worth it.)

- Pipe diameter of 10-13mm (about the diameter of a cigarette or 1.5x bigger only)

- Pipe Length should be 3-4" long. If the pipe is 8" then the screen/brillo and product can be pushed into the middle of the pipe.

With pipe length, the shorter the better but there has to be a compromise between being able to comfortable hold it, being
too close to the flame, getting too hot too fast, etc.

- The screen/brillo is very important. The pipe is an insulator for the product. Pipe itself heats up and get warm enough to heat up the screen, which provides a lot of surface area for the product to sizzle and vaporize.

Smoking rocks:
The goal is to maximize how fast we can get the product to vaporize when ready to inhale the hit.

- First is to turn the product into an oil and have it cool down on every part of the screen.

- Put your rock into the screen/brillo or just throw it into the pipe to sit atop the screen. Crushing or breaking up the rock speeds things up but isn't needed.

- Hold the pipe sideways so you can look at what is happening to the rock(s) in the pipe while adding a flame right beneath its place in the screen

- You will hear it sizzle. How long this takes depends on many factors: thickness of pipe, material (glass/metal?), temperature of heat source,
are you rotating the pipe while heating it?
how wet or dry the product is, etc.
Once it sizzles, rotate the pipe for a second longer then remove from heat.
hold the pipe right side up (so the mouthpiece is facing down vertically) and you'll see the rocks melt and yellowish oil that flows down into the screen.

- Let the oil flow down to the screen while rotating the pipe for a few seconds then cool it by taking dry hard drags
(just pull in air, no flame source. you're simply cooling the oil

- Now the product has all melted and is sitting on the side of the pipe and on the screen.

- If the product was too wet to begin with, and you just add a flame and begin pulling, you will fill your lungs up with air and you won't exhale much on the first 1-2 hits. As the product dries, it vaporizes more consistently.

Freebase is vaporized, not smoked (burned)

Long slow drags pull in more concentrated vapors and keeps those vapors warm.

Just some notes I've been taking. So far, 2mm thick, 13mm diameter, 10 cm (4 inch) length glass pyrex tubes with a fine metal mesh stuffed in 4-6 cm deep and a propane torch have served me well. I would like more info on metal pipes - how the hell do you use one without it getting too hot and burning your lips?

IMG_0516[1].JPGIMG_0515[1].JPG this is my main piece, good wood cylinder over the metal tube inside, so it doesnt ever burn the fingers... then i have this cylinder #canadarepresent#IMG_0946[1].JPG which is just as great buuuut, i can't load the bowl without holding it :/ load a couple screens, with the bowl just tight enough where the tube is barely over the bowls hole and make it tight but becareful with those plastic covered metal tubes.

Attachments

• IMG_0515[1].JPG
    IMG_0515[1].JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 1