• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The High: Methadone vs. Oxycontin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good posts everyone. This is my first time on this site and it's great! Think everyone hit the nail on the head comparing the 2 opiates. Methadone def last longer and is more sedating. With the price of oxy right now I am not suprised by everyones prefrance. One suggestion though if you smoke marijuana, smoking an hour or 2 after taking methadone will produce a much stronger euphoria than doing the same thing with oc's. That being said.....it is hard to beat 80mg of oxcontin done IV.

I too love the methadone high, when one has little tolerance to its effects is one good opiate!

But when one takes it everyday the effects are barely felt.. People on MMT generally dont feel their methadone. Unfortenally thats the case.

Methadone rec thread?

I was going to suggest opening a methadone recreational use thread, but this seems to have most everything covered... However, if the mods think that it could be useful, maybe a rec thread could cover some material not addressed here...

But thanks all, the info from top to bottom has been useful to a methadone newbie!

:\

Ok, I just wanted to chime in here. I was, am, addicted to Vicodin's. I usually take on average at LEAST 8-10MG pills a day. I have such a high tolerance, but it's an expensive habit, I would easily take 15 to 20 a day if the money was there. So today, I decided to get some Methadone. I have taken it before as well. I took 30mg's of Methadone just about an HOUR ago. I didn't notice anything within the 1st 30 to 40 minutes. But it has kicked in pretty damn hard.

This is just MY experience, and maybe it will be useful.

I have a crazy euphoric buzz going on right now. I feel like I have taken about 50mg of Vicodin's, like when the Vic's PEAK. And I am a BIG guy too. I am 6 ft 4", 275lbs.

I usually have a very high tolerance for almost anything that's recreational. And BTW, I DO NOT drink alcohol. I have been sober off that for at least 3 years.

I wanted to see if the Methadone could help me to cut my Vic habit. Truly, it is outrageously expensive. I'm usually copping those every 2 days. So that's like $60 bucks every 2 days. They can go for around NO PRICES a pill around here.

I am sick and tired of even THINKING about spending so much money on this stupid habit. It really urks me. In the last 2 years, if I had saved that money, I could have literally bought a brand new car by now. It's sickening.

If this methadone can help me take LESS pills, because it lasts a lot longer, and help me to get rid of the Hydrocodone habit, then yes this might be for me. I can only imagine how bad my liver count is right now. But I am glad I quit drinking a while back at least.

It has been a good 36 hours since I popped a Vic. And I swear, my withdrawals were making me want to go into some kind of rampage. I did take a little frustration out on my lovely girlfriend, I raised my voice a bit, and she didn't deserve that. She is really a God-Send, she is there for me through EVERYTHING! We have a nice home together, we have everything we need. But what I don't need is this stupid addiction. I just want to stop this, and tell those peeps I get them from to stick one up their a*s!!!

I have a very addictive personality to begin with. I am also a heavy cigarette smoker. That is another expensive habit in itself.

But all in all, I ran into this site/forum, because I was doing my research.

I have a total of 8- 10mg Methadone's left. I would really like to utilize them for my benefit. I am not a dope user either. I am what you call a "Pill-Popper". I don't use Meth, have NEVER used, WILL never use Heroin, or anything with a syringe. No coke, weed, ANYTHING, but just the Vics. I have smoked weed in the past, and for a while I liked it, back in the 90's. I haven't smoked that crap for about 12 years, no joke. All it does it make me extremely hungry, then after all I wanna do is go to sleep! Munchies, something funny on TV, then I snooze. That is no fun. And I decided to quit drinking, because i never know when I will have to get in my car and drive. I had ONE DUI back in 1999, my 1st and my very last. I got my license suspended, and had to ride the city bus. NEVER again.

In closing, for ME, the Methadone has come on REALLY super strong in the last hour and a half that I took it.

I am NOT tired, I feel stress-free, NO withdrawals, happy, sociable, energetic, etc...

I just hope I can end up falling asleep later on.

Addictions of any kind are BAD.

But Methadone is LEGAL (Doesn't make it right to be addicted to it) , And before I got it today, I told my girlfriend, that I am going with that instead of Vics.

And, they were NO PRICES a pop. MORE expensive than the Vics I could have got.

I can barely afford my house payments every month. But if I stop Vics, who KNOWS what I could do with that money! Go to Hawaii? Look at a new car? Shop the mall up?

One step at a time.....

Please, methadone, help me!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
^Please read our posting standards and guidelines threads that I have linked in my signature. What you posted is what we would consider blog-material and there really is no reason to bump old, dead threads just to talk about your preferences and such.

If you'd like more views/information on methadone then check out the directory at the top of the forum. For more information on quitting and addiction, check out The Dark Side forum.

If you have any questions about the forum, feel free to private message me... I'm also close to being certified as an addiction counselor so if you'd like to talk at all or would like any information on the recovery process, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.