Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Healing Properties of MXE

CosmicG

Bluelighter
Hello all

I am not new to dissociatives i have many experiences with ketamine and dxm. I have recently been getting involved in the world if research chemicals and find MXE to be much more then I ever thought it could be. For the first time in years I actually feel comfortable with the person I am becoming. I had heard of ketamines ability to heal damaged neurons in the brain and wondered if MXE is not also capable of the same thing. I have taken what I would consider to be low doses of 25 mgs the past two nights and can say with confidence that it has improved my overall ability to process thoughts and emotions. I realize this is an afterglow but I have heard of people "reprogramming" their brains through the use of various dissociatives.

Does anyone have experience in using these molecular sacraments with the intentions of reducing depression and anxiety? What about small daily doses not to trip necessarily but just to improve the self overall? Thanks guys

Regular dissociative use improves mood quite a bit, but I'm not sure it actually improves cognition, especially with daily usage.

Ketamine as used for depression is typically infused a few times at sub-psychoactive doses and discontinued for 3-6 months. The aim is to go for the long-term effects rather than the immediate euphoriant afterglow.

Both dissociatives and psychedelics seem to do long term good after individual uses, rather than from regular use. Be careful with regular MXE use, it likely causes bladder damage over time.

Does anyone have experience in using these molecular sacraments with the intentions of reducing depression and anxiety? What about small daily doses not to trip necessarily but just to improve the self overall? Thanks guys

Think about what you're asking here. You're asking if you can improve yourself by popping 25mg of a drug every night. The answer is, has been, aways will be, no.

Can MXE and other dissociatives show you what certain states of consciousness are like, so that you can work to bring those states back with you into sober life? Yes. Four years ago I used ketamine as an acute intervention into an anxiety loop I was experiencing over a particular trauma in my life. When i was close to a k-hole, the anxiety appeared as a glowing ball of energy and I saw it leave my stomach and float into the air.

After that I continued to meditate on the experience and write about it in order to integrate it into my sober life. By working to bring the understanding I gained in the experience into my sober life, I was able to modulate my anxiety in a much more efficient way.

This, IMO, is the dialectic of how hallucinogens can be used. Dropping 25mg of MXE everyday is either going to lose its efficacy or its going to go south fast. There are no easy ways out.

Think about what you're asking here. You're asking if you can improve yourself by popping 25mg of a drug every night. The answer is, has been, aways will be, no.

There are no easy ways out.

This all sounds like it didn,t/ wouldn't work for you. You gave this long personal accounting of what you did that worked, and that's great...for you, but to just give a flat no is bullshit, just like saying "yes, it will work" is also bullshit. You did, finally, say "in your opinion", but not until you'd given this long diatribe of how you licked your anxiety with it and no one could cure/fix themselves with a drug alone.
Does meditation have to be present in any healing process? I have nothing against meditation, but it seems that some people feel that w/o meditation, healing ones self with drugs is impossible.
Sometimes there is an "easy way out".

OP, try it for a while at whatever dose feels comfortable to you and see what happens.
To say a drug won't fix something as a blanket statement is false...ever take an aspirin to get rid of a headache?
MXE is one of the few drugs I've come across that doesn't seem to have a "debt" attached to long term use, meaning that it can be done daily, within reason, for fairly long periods of time, and when you stop there is no jones, your teeth are not rotten, and haven't killed/maimed someone w/o remembering it, etc... It seems to be relatively benign as far as any drug is benign. The bladder damage shouldn't be a problem at small doses. With Ketamine the damage was due to the buildup of residue from doing large amounts for a long period of time.
So, OP, I say try it for a while and see if you notice an improvement in the areas you are trying to improve.
If it works...great. If not...oh well, at least you'll know.

sacraments with the intentions of reducing depression and anxiety? What about small daily doses not to trip necessarily but just to improve the self overall? Thanks guys[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I wouldn't use MXE just because of its messy pharmacological profile that is just under DXM. But memantine might be worth exploring if you're not looking to trip. Fascinating compound.... Feels like DXM... But no visual. It's crazy. They use it for alzheimers

Can MXE and other dissociatives show you what certain states of consciousness are like, so that you can work to bring those states back with you into sober life? Yes. Four years ago I used ketamine as an acute intervention into an anxiety loop I was experiencing over a particular trauma in my life. When i was close to a k-hole, the anxiety appeared as a glowing ball of energy and I saw it leave my stomach and float into the air.

After that I continued to meditate on the experience and write about it in order to integrate it into my sober life. By working to bring the understanding I gained in the experience into my sober life, I was able to modulate my anxiety in a much more efficient way.

This, IMO, is the dialectic of how hallucinogens can be used. Dropping 25mg of MXE everyday is either going to lose its efficacy or its going to go south fast. There are no easy ways out.
great post!

@phuckingnutz

sorry man, but all your post give me the impression that you have a problem with polydrug abuse, and what I read from you makes me think that your use of hallucinogens/dissociatives doesn't do you any good.
And to be honest, most people who write here about using dissociatives daily are running into problems sooner or later, at least that's what I feel, after few years being a regular in PD

No Bag, I don't have a problem with poly drug abuse, it's great!
I do appreciate your analysis though and I'm sure you finished med school at the top of your class.
Your opinion is much desired as I hold what you say in high regard...lol.

Well I suppose I could have given more information but was just anxious to see the responses. I would never assume that any drug by itself could cure a mental illness obvious these problems are much bigger then a headache or what have you. I meditate on a daily basis I didnt mean to imply MXE alone will fix me.

But it sure has hell helps. I agree with everything you said transition though found your opening statement to be somewhat condescending as you dont know me besides fromThe crazy things I may post here from time to time and this thread. Again I probably just didnt share enough information your story is inspiring not to inflate your ego even more anything.

I intend on continuing my experiments phuckingnutz as I have only positive things to say of the results thus far. I may try going on a day off a day. I know all about the slippery slopes of these drugs and I am choosing to use this method with full respect for the chemical

No Bag, I don't have a problem with poly drug abuse, it's great!
I do appreciate your analysis though and I'm sure you finished med school at the top of your class.
Your opinion is much desired as I hold what you say in high regard...lol.
sorry to make you butthurt, I thought I was polite enough, but apparently I hit a nerve...

anyway to be more direct: suggesting that a drug like MXE can be used daily without negative outcome is just stupid, ignorant and irresponsible, and in my opinion staff should delete stuff like that.

...and in my opinion staff should delete stuff like that.
So, now you're a censor?
My, you sure do have a high opinion of yourself Bag.
Aren't "delusions of grandeur a sign of mental illness.
Oh, and I'm not "butthurt", I just don't give a shit what you have to say.

You´re right. Why bother, right? The best way to handle this imo..

Im a poludrug user, sustaining in a holding pattern that includes cycling MXE somewhat regularly for >3 years. Life is good. Your mileage may vary. It depends highly on how you choose to live your life on and off these drugs. There is a lot that can be learned from the psychedelic experience. Even at low doses of MXE, it may change the way a person sees their life enough to get over hurdles and resolve complexes that inhibit their potential.

Last edited:
Hello all
I have taken what I would consider to be low doses of 25 mgs the past two nights and can say with confidence that it has improved my overall ability to process thoughts and emotions. I realize this is an afterglow but I have heard of people "reprogramming" their brains through the use of various dissociatives.

WOW

This is trippy, because you posted the exact thread I was looking for!

I've been wanting to talk about the spiritual possibilities of MXE. My personal experience with it was up lifting, and difficult to explain. I did it with 2 other people, and we just meditated and attempted to hold conversations (its difficult to talk). We talked about the fracking that has been going on in our state, and I felt like the entire state of texas was sitting on my chest. I "felt the pain" of the aquifers. It was so insanely magical. In the afterglow you try and make sense of what happened, and verbalize but it's so hard to put into words. I think, in low doses it can be very uplifting. In comparison with K, it feels like less of a drug you could abuse. It feels like it is trying to teach you something. Less visually trippy, more mentally trippy than k. I had a friend who did it alone, he said it was so stressful not being able to communicate his thoughts that when his dad came home he gave him a huge hug and told him he loved him. So I think doing it with a friend increases its potential for being truly appreciated.

When i was close to a k-hole, the anxiety appeared as a glowing ball of energy and I saw it leave my stomach and float into the air.

\.

Awesome dude! you're an inspiration c:

My apologies transition after reading what I posted I see why you felt I might be implying the possibility that a drug alone may be able to fix all of my problems.

I am actually going to attempt something similar by meditating on it and writing my experiences down. I love to write it is one of my most treasured passions. Maybe then i can find a way to maintain and utilize these newfound states of consciousness and live by them. It has been years since i have felt nostalgia. I feel like me and know now exactly what I need to do. Its incredible to me the thoughts feelings and emotions that have risen. It seems as though there is only but one way to go and that is up! I am ready to connect now.

WOW

My personal experience with it was up lifting, and difficult to explain. I did it with 2 other people, and we just meditated and attempted to hold conversations (its difficult to talk). We talked about the fracking that has been going on in our state, and I felt like the entire state of texas was sitting on my chest. I "felt the pain" of the aquifers. It was so insanely magical. In the afterglow you try and make sense of what happened, and verbalize but it's so hard to put into words. I think, in low doses it can be very uplifting. In comparison with K, it feels like less of a drug you could abuse. It feels like it is trying to teach you something. Less visually trippy, more mentally trippy than k. I had a friend who did it alone, he said it was so stressful not being able to communicate his thoughts that when his dad came home he gave him a huge hug and told him he loved him. So I think doing it with a friend increases its potential for being truly appreciated.

Thanks for sharing this! I can relate to all this strongly. It is a 'teaching molecule' as others have said before. The capacity for empathy is very high in this state, so not surprising you were able to tune into the pain of the Earth, and that is magical, experiencing things that would be impossible in the default paradigm. And that is also why it is so difficult to explain. Its like trying to explain 3 dimensional space to a 'flatlander', something that exists in only 2 dimensions. Or like trying to explain the color green to someone who is blind. All you can really use is metaphors and other clever tricks of abstraction to connect the experience to concepts the brain can grasp. It is important to do this in order to integrate the experience. Otherwise it will remain as a weird blip in your memory that fades into insignificance over time.

Last edited:
Hello all

For the first time in years I actually feel comfortable with the person I am becoming. I had heard of ketamines ability to heal damaged neurons in the brain and wondered if MXE is not also capable of the same thing. I have taken what I would consider to be low doses of 25 mgs the past two nights and can say with confidence that it has improved my overall ability to process thoughts and emotions. I realize this is an afterglow but I have heard of people "reprogramming" their brains through the use of various dissociatives.

I am often told "This drug is what I was missing" or "This drug cured me" after somebodies first dose of meth or heroin. The possibility of therapeutic benefit exists. The same as meth and heroin, MXE made an addict of many unsuspecting people.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/580334-Methoxetamine-Subthread-Addiction

Sorry for the long post, but I have a lot to say when anyone draws too strong of a correlation between MXE and heroin addiction.

I was already an addict when MXE came along. Some might say that if you are born with certain genetic markers to predispose addictive tendencies then you will probably be some sort of addict your whole life. So I have come to terms with that in myself. In one sense I simply modulated my addiction with MXE, but through its multifaceted power coupled with my desire to change, it turned me into a better person- a person I love and want to live with. Heroin corrupted my Source energy channels. MXE untangled and re-amplified them.

The timing was perfect- I first tried MXE in 2011 when neck-deep in a battle with heroin addiction. I was living a life that was the antithesis of everything I stood for, and that is why I couldnt love myself anymore. It damaged my life force and life trajectory in a way that only MXE was able to reverse. When coming off heroin, MXE boosted my life force to help fight the lethargy and depression whuch helped me stay on the right path. The anesthetic effect helped the pain I had been self medicating with opiates. The psychedelic dissociative aspect helped me see my life trajectory clearly and how I could change it. It helped me see what the right path was, what was really important to me. The experiences connected me to a visceral and epic sense of fate and what I must do in this world. I saw what Real Source Energy is and how to cultivate it into form with intention. All of this brought my spirit up from the depths of sludge to higher than it had ever been. This transformation included many immediate effects but even more long term effects. It can leave a positive impression long after it leaves the system, and with continued use it can lead to many changes through intentional tuning.

I still go back to it when I need a refresh on my perspective and to get a boost in my Source Cultivation capacity. I had 175 mg over this past weekend, but other than that I am in a 2 or 3 week off cycle. Probably aligning with Christmas to start my on cycle again and stop after new years eve. That will be a great week!

MXE really is not for everyone, I would say the majority of people wouldnt want it in their lives, but for some people it is just the ticket they were looking for.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this! I can relate to all this strongly. It is a 'teaching molecule' as others have said before. The capacity for empathy is very high in this state, so not surprising you were able to tune into the pain of the Earth, and that is magical, experiencing things that would be impossible in the default paradigm. And that is also why it is so difficult to explain. Its like trying to explain 3 dimensional space to a 'flatlander', something that exists in only 2 dimensions. Or like trying to explain the color green to someone who is blind. All you can really use is metaphors and other clever tricks of abstraction to connect the experience to concepts the brain can grasp. It is important to do this in order to integrate the experience. Otherwise it will remain as a weird blip in your memory that fades into insignificance over time.

word. <3