• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

The Government Lost the War on Pot - Washington, Colorado, Alaska, Oregon and DC

Dawglaw

Bluelighter
For my friends in states/provinces/countries that are not yet legal, do not worry, times are quickly a changin.

maybe in Colorado, but I think it is still to early to say on a national level. There are a lot of criticisms of Washington's I-502, which is projected to raise millions off of the new DUI's it plans to generate by putting the level of intoxication so low that most users will be considered too intoxicated to drive even days after discontinuation of use. Also, from what I understand it puts stricter regulations on home grows than medical regulations did and medical club owners are saying they have to go rec(idk how true, but heard it from a few club owners before it had completely passed).

Even in Colorado, the state is being saturated with the money its bringing from pot taxes. Seems like as usual the government has found a way to get out ahead. lol

definitely will be interesting to see how it will pan out in Oregon and Alaska.

Yay! The war is far from over but this country's definitely headed towards sensible cannabis policies at an increasing rate. The momentum is there. Time to take bong rips and start trolling anti pot websites :)

Hopefully once pot is legal, we can work towards legalizing most drugs.

Pot being legal (which it is medicinally here) doesn't personally effect me much.
But it would personally effect me if I could go to a store and legally purchase certain fungi and substances for therapeutic reasons.

Legalizing pot is a step in the right direction, but it should be just the first step, not the end goal.

All I know is if they open up a pot shop in the cheaper parts of the District I'm gonna be moving out of Maryland, stat.

Salutations DawgLaw,

For my friends in states/provinces/countries that are not yet legal, do not worry, times are quickly a changin.

Well i'm located in the province of Québec and last night i just learned about Santé-Cannabis having its operations started in Montreal on Amherst street. Maybe that would sound like victory for medical patients who by definition are being used to prove the existance of good against evil, essentially. Really, being taken hostage by the Harper governement to impose monopolies to society doesn't feel like a victory to me anyway.

Because if/when the medical needs are finally met those voters who presently add democratic weight in our favour may very well plumet and it doesn't take much to get back to the statu-quo again... So in a way i'm quite sorry to observe that in fact medical cannabis users fall within a category taken hostage between the anti-cannabic warriors and us - which is a thought that saddens me deeply.

So, the new Montreal "compassion" center really doesn't seem to be about compassion at all when one takes the context into account, e.g. "weed" grown by profit-seeking industries endorsed by a government focussed on the good vs evil approach. If at least the patient's needs were met, but allow me to doubt even that, on the land of King Haper the 1st.

Good day, have fun!