• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos The GABA(A) Receptor Complex and Benzodiazepines

Nalaxone has no effect except blocking opioid receptors; Flumazenil is similar in regard to benzodiazepines

Get your point, your being a bit hyper technical though. And benzodiazepines DO have different effects; yes, 5 or 10 Xanax bars and ~100mg Valium will have benzo solid effects(unless you have a high tolerance)

Honestly, alprazolam is always fast acting and calming, and clonazepam helps my jerks and Lorazepam is neutral(and have high tolerance)

And most benzos don’t have relevant metabolites(Tranxene is almost completely converted presystemically to Nordazepam, and a couple of others, Librium think)

Onset, Tmax, Lipophillicty and actual DURATION OF ACTION are at top; T1/2, and metabolism (and yes, metabolites) are second.

And of course, dose ranges, like SDU(Standard Dosage Unit) and maybe typical doses.

Thanks for clarification and help

I think it's a great idea. Have you tried looking for any review articles that have compiled a lot of binding affinity data? I'm not sure if anyone has done something like that, but it's probably worth a look.

One concern I have is that different experimental conditions can yield very different affinities. That's might make it difficult or even impossible to accurately compare binding data across the board. But organizing the biochemical data would be a great start IMO

Exactly! Opioids yield slightly different binding affinities... Hiwever less concerned, Morphine had 4.5 binding affinity, vs ~20 for oxycodone, and they are *roughly* equipotent intravenously(Morphine is better though!)

Thanks though, any help appreciated

And glad you’re supportive :)

Find any articles, tell me

Hey, you have my total blessing and encouragement.

I didn't mean any commentary as criticism. I do think it's good to be "hyper-technical" if you're going for a good chart to pin to the top of the forum.

See my in-depth response in your other benzo thread, Lorne.

But this brings up an interesting point, since z-drugs are effectively semi-selective benzos, and you believe different benzos have "dramatically different effects", why couldn't the z-drugs make a person more likely to sleep-walk?

Sorry if I'm derailing, OP.
The consensus seems to be to try out the gabapentin in the daytime, and that it probably isn't the best sleep-aid.

... Never said dramatically different effects, READ MY POSTS.(although, Clonazolam is in a league of its own, though it is RC)

Please do not put words in my mouth.

No disrespect

Lorne??? said:
And benzodiazepines can have markedly different effects

I promise you I'm not trying to start some flame war. You're right, you said "markedly". I meant it not-snarkily, and think it's a good question; maybe you should include Z-drugs in your research, if you haven't already?

^ Sorry man,

Already including Z drugs, and would like to include Etizolam, though info is scant;(although studies indicate it is better for treating anxiety long term, of course they say nordazepam/Tranxene(Clorazepate) is, presumably because it is a partial agonist/does not have the full range of action)

Yeah, benzodiazepines are going to often be used recreationally, though many on this site want taper advice, or have anxiety or PTSD, panic attacks(Type 2 of the respiratory subtype is debilitating)

It's a task; you know what you are talking about(seem to :) ) any input appreciated

And the more popular/halfway usesful RC's(Clonazolam!) Again, difficult...
Check that converter on other page, it is the most thorough found so far, even if some info is questionable/wrong

(Clonazepam rapidly absorbed, Alprazolam Moderate absorption?)

No ? zone

(Flame if that didn't display)

Edit: Mentioned Temazepam because it’s effects overall do not match
Up w/ A3 affinity; (at equipotent/clinical doses; not just anticonvulsant effects, though muscle relaxant, etc.

Last edited: