• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

The F-Word

KoreyS

Bluelighter
"Man, I'm dreading this stupid speech."

"I know. I hate public speaking. We have it every fucking year. I don't know how I'm going to get my rough copy in."

"Well it's due on Wednesday."

"Don't remind me," I sighed.

Jeremy and I walked this route every day. Our school, Holy Cross, was about a 20 minute walk from home. School ended at 2:40. We could take the bus, but we didn't. I lived just in the middle of John St. hill and Jeremy just had to walk another 2 minutes to his house at the right of the convenience store.

"I'm definitely playing some NFL Blitz when I get in," Jeremy told me enthusiastically. "Did you beat Super Smash Brothers yet?"

"Beat it?" I laughed. "Ages ago. I'm working on annihalating it."

Annihalation was a term I coined where you don't just beat the game, you play 'til you've conquered every last nook and cranny the game has to offer and complete it 100%. Every bonus level. Every hidden character. Every "Easter egg". Everything.

Me and Jeremy were both video game junkies, but I was a little more hardcore. He had a Sony Playstation. I had a Nintendo 64.

This was my favourite time of day. My dad didn't get home from work until 6 o'clock so I had over 3 hours to play video games. Sometimes I listened to music when I played them. My favourite album at the time was Mase's Harlem World. During those 3 hours I didn't have a single care in the world. My room was my own little safe haven to play video games until it was once again time to eat dinner, do my homework, then depart for slumber and get up for another day in Mrs. Cismar's grade 5 class.

"You should call me when you get home and we'll play together over the phone," I told Jeremy.

"Sounds good."

As we arrived at the front lawn to my house, I seperated from him to walk up the small hill towards my front door. Jeremy continued down the sidewalk towards his house.

"Yo, phone me tonight man. You never fuckin' phone me," I called to Jeremy.

Jeremy didn't look back, but threw his hand up as if to say yeah, sure, okay.

I turned from Jeremy and towards the front door and stopped dead in my tracks. My heart dropped in my chest. Sweat formed on my brow.

My dad was home.

He was standing a couple meters in front of me and looked mad as hell. He must have came home from work early. He was close enough to have heard everything I just said. I took a deep breath.

Oh shit. He just heard me say the... the... f-word.

My eyes darted to the ground. I placed my hands in my pockets and paced over towards him slowly, preparing to be scolded. I never swore around my parents. They'd kill me man! Afterall, I was just a kid. People my age didn't swear... Not around adults. My dad's expression grew angrier and angrier until I met with him only a couple feet away.

"Hey, what the hell's with this 'blow me' shit?" my Dad questioned furiously.

"Huh?" I said, taken aback. "Um... I said 'phone me'".

"Oh." My Dad hung his head and scurried off in embarassment.

Last edited: