• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids The evil of Suboxone and the hold it takes

Slayer0344

Bluelighter
The mind of an addict truly is one of cognitive dissonance and disarray, and Suboxone truly encompasses and embodies a drug takes a chokehold around you and you’re life , see below -

Freaking out that I would soon be going into withdrawal I just went crawling around my house looking at any little white dot on the ground hoping it’s Suboxone, I then went down into my garage and did the same and then back upstairs and dug into every single pocket of my clothing hoping id left a pill in there.

Last but not least I pulled my whole car apart including unbolting the seats and found x2 2mg suboxone tablets.

At one point I had so many Suboxone I used to just throw them around my house and car. Doing so has now saved me for a couple of days.

The things we do to stop withdrawal truly is insane.

Suboxone truly is an evil drug just like the rest of them. Don’t be fooled friends

I'm perscribed. Had to get script in the mail every 2wks instead of monthly because I was abusing it. The psychological and physical hold this drug has on me is pretty much the same as when I was on oxys... I've been here plenty of times before: run out, gotta work, sweating, no sleep, the usual and looking for ANY dusting ANY trace, but no. Sometimes I can ask around town but the same hurry and wait game happens of which I swear off everytime.
Has sub kept me safe? Yes, but my motivation to get ahead in life has seriously seemed to be stiffled in the past 3 yrs. So, something's gotta change. I've lived the completely chem free life before and I long for it. Sub IS just a front.

I'm perscribed. Had to get script in the mail every 2wks instead of monthly because I was abusing it. The psychological and physical hold this drug has on me is pretty much the same as when I was on oxys... I've been here plenty of times before: run out, gotta work, sweating, no sleep, the usual and looking for ANY dusting ANY trace, but no. Sometimes I can ask around town but the same hurry and wait game happens of which I swear off everytime.
Has sub kept me safe? Yes, but my motivation to get ahead in life has seriously seemed to be stiffled in the past 3 yrs. So, something's gotta change. I've lived the completely chem free life before and I long for it. Sub IS just a front.
Are you thinking of tapering down the subs, or do you wanna continue to take them?

after a car accident, i was initially prescribed hydrocodone, then prescribed oxycodone and when i ran out of those early my dr. suggested i try suboxone. stupid me, i did not research the medication. it was early on in its popularity. people werent talking about it like they are now. it's been six years now. trying to wean down off it but each month, i fail. the subs have kept me pain free and at age 63 my back needs a painkiller and i wont do surgery. i saw what my Dad went through. so i understand when reading all these posts about the evil of subs. i get it. but i think i'm a lifer. i take 3 8-2mg films a day for pain. anybody else in similar circumstances? tia, happyone

People (including doctors & companies) gotta stop treating Suboxone like a get-well quick drug.

People think buprenorphine is for getting off of opiates, but that's actually not the original intention of maintenance.

Maintenance was originally intended for people who either can't/don't want to quit opioids & need a safe alternative to street drugs.
Bupe & methadone aren't for "getting off opioids".... they ARE opioids. And they should be a last resort for people who think they truly cannot live without an opioid.

Unfortunately, people are getting on suboxone thinking they can just take it for awhile & then one day they won't need it or any opiate anymore.
People should really consider that if they do start maintenance, they need to be okay with it possibly being a life-long thing. Unfortunately, I don't think doctors & such are informing patients of what they're really getting into. Hell I don't think most doctors even really understand how buprenorphine works.

When I got on Suboxone, I already knew I could end up being on it for life. And I was okay with that.

That said, I do think buprenorphine is a shitty drug/opioid. It's not totally useless & I don't think it's necessarily "evil", I think it's just like an other long acting opioid, except shittier & harder to overdose on. What I think is truly evil is not being allowed more options for maintenance, like actual diacetylmorphine, extended release morphine, extended release tramadol, hydromorphine, etc.. etc... All of these options would be VASTLY better than just living on buprenorphine every day.

When it comes to pain relief, doctors usually rotate opioids to keep the effects going. They should really do this for maintenance too. It would save a lot more lives if people could just take the fucking opioid of their choice & know it's clean & accurately dosed.

People (including doctors & companies) gotta stop treating Suboxone like a get-well quick drug.

People think buprenorphine is for getting off of opiates, but that's actually not the original intention of maintenance.

Maintenance was originally intended for people who either can't/don't want to quit opioids & need a safe alternative to street drugs.
Bupe & methadone aren't for "getting off opioids".... they ARE opioids. And they should be a last resort for people who think they truly cannot live without an opioid.

Unfortunately, people are getting on suboxone thinking they can just take it for awhile & then one day they won't need it or any opiate anymore.
People should really consider that if they do start maintenance, they need to be okay with it possibly being a life-long thing. Unfortunately, I don't think doctors & such are informing patients of what they're really getting into. Hell I don't think most doctors even really understand how buprenorphine works.

When I got on Suboxone, I already knew I could end up being on it for life. And I was okay with that.

That said, I do think buprenorphine is a shitty drug/opioid. It's not totally useless & I don't think it's necessarily "evil", I think it's just like an other long acting opioid, except shittier & harder to overdose on. What I think is truly evil is not being allowed more options for maintenance, like actual diacetylmorphine, extended release morphine, extended release tramadol, hydromorphine, etc.. etc... All of these options would be VASTLY better than just living on buprenorphine every day.

When it comes to pain relief, doctors usually rotate opioids to keep the effects going. They should really do this for maintenance too. It would save a lot more lives if people could just take the fucking opioid of their choice & know it's clean & accurately dosed.
you are right; my dr. did not advise me that suboxone could possibly be a life long thing. in fact, my initial script came from a dr. who shortly thereafter was closed down for running a sub pill mill. it is very messed up. then, there i stand needing a script filled and no more dr. so i had to use an on line purveyor of suboxone.
it is a mess out there. no wonder i am depressed.

I like and dislike the substance.
Feels good for a few days then the wd symptoms.
And it kills any kratom effect (for me) for around three days since last dose of bupre.
if I had a strip I'd eat it, though. What's that tell me about myself...?
ha
Been a while. 6 months? Maybe. Same with yay.
I haven't had to spend any monies on a substance in quite some time. Well... cigs.
peace

I mean different people can use it in different ways, depending on their goals. Someone can be on it for the rest of their lives or someone can use it to taper with the eventual goal of abstinence from opioids…both are legitimate imo

Are you thinking of tapering down the subs, or do you wanna continue to take them?
I dream of tapering. I've tried it yet I end up in that unhealthy thought pattern. I've talked to my doc about tapering, but because I've abused it in the past they say no. It's just very frustrating for me. I was wondering if there are any other forums for suboxone related support? I go to AA but get the side eye from the old guys if I speak of any kind of drug. I feel like I'm the only one who cant handle the sub... which I know isnt true but I barely hear anyone.

I hate that every single form of generic suboxone comes with lemon-lime flavors & citric acid.

Regular generic Subutex has no flavors, no citric acid.

I can't understand why they all do this. These are adults taking these meds, I don't need them to be "lemon-lime" flavor. I could ALMOST understand if buprenorphine itself was incredibly terrible tasting, but from my experience, it barely has a taste. And of course Subutex & generic mono-buprenorphine has been stigmatized so much that now doctors are afraid to give it out to anyone but pregnant people.

So what's the true purpose of putting all that shit in there? To destroy people's teeth maybe? Do they think all Suboxone users are big babies who need their medicine to be a fun fruity flavor? Like wtf.

I dream of tapering. I've tried it yet I end up in that unhealthy thought pattern. I've talked to my doc about tapering, but because I've abused it in the past they say no. It's just very frustrating for me. I was wondering if there are any other forums for suboxone related support? I go to AA but get the side eye from the old guys if I speak of any kind of drug. I feel like I'm the only one who cant handle the sub... which I know isnt true but I barely hear anyone.
If it makes you feel any better, I cannot handle subs either.