• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery The Escape

tired of crap

Bluelighter
Escape makes the unreal seem beautiful and the reality of life seem unnecessary

Looking back, Ive noticed addictive/compulsive tendencies even before I even started using substances.
Within the past decade Ive struggled namely with alcohol, nicotine, marijuana and video games (of all things lol)

Ive been meaning to start another thread since I relapsed on alcohol and cigarettes >2 years ago (pot and video games I seem to have under relative control or perhaps its just in comparison lol) but I never really got around to it.

Lsst year (maybe 2?) I switched from cigarettes to vaping. A week here or there, maybe a month off but otherwise Ive been consuming way too much ejuice (if you will).... But now Ive got 3 days of. Alcohol is next but for now Im drunk.

Journalling has always been helpful for me but I havent even been receptive to my feelings/thoughts/emotions in a long time. Im hoping this will be a way for me keep track of my progress

Anyways, I will be back

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading my first post was kinda painful lol.. I was definitely drunk... though I havent drank in nearly 4 months I cant promise I wont make any of those spelling/grammar/syntax errors again lol

So no booze for 4 months, no nicotine in about the same (2 weeks longer).
I was hoping my depression/anhedonia/anxiety would just magically dissipate but alas it still lingers like fog in the low lands. Suppose I shouldnt down play the fact that there has been significant improvements.

.Im doing more than I have in years (since I started drinking again) and I feel much better. Ive got to remember "life aint a track meet, its a marathon" (haha no Jerry I dont need it linked "properly" but thank you... PS love the name, once I got it lol)... but sometimes it feels like there so much more that I want to do but just cant be bothered to tend to.

Anyways, there's more but I feel like thats it with this post for now lol

I will leave you with this though:
"I've been waiting a while
Feeding the lions
Clearing the path
As I light the fire"

Love some drum & bass - hope all is well man. Keep it up. Check out The 1975 - Loads of Crisps on YouTube!

One of my favorite recent tunes