• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

The ER is FUCKING USELESS..

Draven26

Bluelighter
What the fuck does a person have to do to get some help up in this bitch!? I fucking injured myself working out and haven't been able to walk for 3 days know. The doctors didn't give a fuck that I had two slipped discs and scoliosis and wouldn't help me out. 6 hours later and only a dumb fucking X-Ray that I had to beg for. And what's the deal with prescription drugs. I am not an opiate addict nor is it my cup of tea but my pain has been a fuckin 9 from a scale 1-10 if I'm being honest and the only thing they said they offer is tylenol or ibuprofen. WTF? Is that what the world has come to? I can get that at the fucking store if that's the case.. why do we even bother with doctors. Why not just call your local drug dealer? Why do pain killers exist if doctors don't prescribe them? The whole healthcare system is fucked man wtf is a mother fucker supposed to do put a bullet in his brain? Fuck! This world's a bitch and I don't see it getting any better!

I can get that at the fucking store if that's the case.. why do we even bother with doctors. Why not just call your local drug dealer? Why do pain killers exist if doctors don't prescribe them? The whole healthcare system is fucked man wtf is a mother fucker supposed to do put a bullet in his brain? Fuck! This world's a bitch and I don't see it getting any better!

Same in Australia and I’ve also come to this conclusion over the last year or so. Our healthcare system WAS good but it’s gone to hell now. I don’t use heroin or any opiates but if things get really desperate I know where to find it at least.

Would say the same for many parts of Europe,. Even in Switzerland where it's maybe as easy as nowhere else to get into opioid maintenance program, the docs don't prescribe the more powerful meds from themselves, and if you are in need of, possibility is you have to check a few doctors or go straight illegal.. I felt so useless with doctors, emergency or not, quite a few times. Usually only thing they do what I couldn't by myself (cause of lacking infrastructure) are things like X-ray, stethoscope (ok, that one'd be easy to get) and similar and end off "prescribing" you non-Rx ibuprofen... and receiving like 160 CHF (+/- equivalent to € or $) fot this visit (excluding X-ray), in ER it can reach 4 digit numbers very fast and usually you wait for 2h+..

For this, I really would like to be my own doctor, having access to all that's required and as long as one wants and is able to do so, take care of his/her own health instead of having to blindlingly trust strangers that just happen to have some diploma.
Well about that, a friend from Eastern Europe [but could work worldwide, at least in EU] is technically Dr. med. just that some assistence years under supervision would be required for full qualification. Just that this person paid for some exams and really doesn't know that much about medicine, and that I can tell without being a Dr.

Have been to Mexiko recently. They have an interesting system of a doctor in every of the bigger pharmacies, where you can get basic consultion for free or cheap and most of the meds are sold without prescription. You don't need to talk with doctor to get meds, it's separated and usually they don't ask questions .. Don't know about painkillers but they had a tramadol TV spot running so I guess at least that one will be readily available too. No health insurance like the exorbitant sums we pay in Europe, just little tax for hospital or hospital insurence. At least the dentist was very professional, dental cleaning (Swiss insurance, depsite being horrendously expensive, does not cover dentists by tradition. People with bad teeth are "themselves to blame") was like 1/6th the cost and there wasn't even waiting time... although they also hand out antibiotics (too w/o prescription) like candy, had a bad stomach from some food -> antibiotics(even though I didn't take them, have only ever taken antibiotics once in my life yet and they give you a combined antibiotic with severe digestive symptoms, psychosis and depression listed as side effects for bad stomach. Yippeh!)+ibu+buscopan. My friend having sore throat -> antibiotics. They sell them in metro stations next to Wick Formula 55 and cremes..
(correct me please if I'm wrong on somewhat here, as always.. :))

--

Or, in the mental health department, any one out of the antipsychotics, depending on the individual habits of the doc and your condition, it might be a "weaker" atypical like quetiapine for everything from feeling nervous, having insomnia, nightmares, shift working, anxieties, to real illusions where you'll get a higher dose and/or a more potent one like risperidone, olanzapine etc..
And they go as far as threatening to stop other prescriptions you need if you refuse the antipsychotic. Insurance pays me a box of aripiprazole every month that I collect for now but could also throw them right into some bin. I had a brief psychotic episode, drug and stress induced, and knew it's a -bad- idea to tell doctors about anything psychotic. Still wanted something I could use if, and only if, the symptoms should reappear. So I told them only when the majority of it was already over.. he played understanding and acted very differently, they don't give me zyprexa as an emergency med but either I should take that daily as sort of "preventive measure" which I "should feel nothing of (yea- I will for sure not feel all the blocked dopamine, and maybe I would develop diabetes or whatever)" or another potent one of choice. So I opted for aripiprazol because it's not a full antagonist, just for the case I should get into a situation where I would need to take as prescribed, and there are no fuckin depot injections of it. They wanted to shoot me invega! Straight out invega, of which we have a ton of people suffering long term side effects from. Horrible, when I have been overly sensitive to other antidopaminergics before.

Good luck finding a doc willing to try more specific treatments, or even off-label (in Swiss they generally reject because of "health insurance won't pay" which partially is correct but the doc could, if the med works and there are papers about using that certain med on this certain condition, convince the insurance otherwise and make kind of a primary case which would help others too. They just don't want. Was the same with psychostimulants in the years before adult ADHD grew into a big topic.) like for Ketamine treatment of depression, or even MDMA/psilocybin etc. for PTSD - apparently in the Netherlands that's possible, as somebody told me recently.

Last edited:
The powers that be decided to start getting doctors in trouble for doing their jobs. Welcome to the results of the opioid hysteria. Sorry you're suffering. Truly sickening.
Thank you mate! Yeah it’s the world we live in I guess. I don’t expect it to get any better! If you are wealthy and have connections to drugs or doctors then you are one of the lucky ones I guess

It is so scary and gross they wont help your pain i am so sorry feel better soon <3
Seriously disgusted by the healthcare system. They treat everyone like peasants lol and I dressed nice on purpose just so I wouldn’t be treated like shit because they seem to treat people like shit in San Diego and I’ve lived here all my life but they assume we are all thieves and drug addicts because of the homeless population. Such judge-mental fucks.. acting like they are Gods gift to the world and we owe them something because they are wearing scrubs and went to med school but get pissed off when I help one of their nurses when she’s drawing blood from a patient and she’s having a full blown panic attack. I get it she’s gone to school and I haven’t but I know some shit about medicine because I did want to become a pediatrician so when I’m taking blood samples from a patient and he’s given me the okay and everything goes smoothly please say thank you instead treating me like Dracula and putting a steak right through my heart kicking me out of the ER.. fucking pricks dude people have no respect now days even the cop that was In there shook my hand and thought I was awesome and did a kick ass thing helping that nurse out. I don’t see him arresting me even though I probably broke the law being that I am not certified and I get it.. I could of fucked up on that patient and it would of been over for me.. but I know what I can and cannot do.. and I was not under the influence. And shit I was happy to assist because it distracted me from the crippling pain I’ve been dealing with. But what can ya do? People these days are cold hearted.. it’s just the kind of world we live in nowadays and I sure hope it changes

After all that none sense all my primary doctor does this morning is prescribe me cyclobenzaprine and tells me to rest for two weeks til I recover lol wow

cyclobenzaprine is useless.. hmmm maybe I’ll just pick up a new addiction.. heroin maybe? Fuck it will at least keep things interesting in my dull sober life

You can source opiates that will help with the pain that doesn’t have to be heroin. Why not first try kratom as many others have done?

If not you can always take up the fun hobby of poppy growing ;)

In this day and age, we have to find ways to feed ourselves cuz the system is done taking care of us. If you get creative you can find ways to manage your pain without having to bow down to some fuckhead doctor.

Just had surgery not too long ago and very glad I figured that out myself before going in because they basically said Tylenol, ibuprofen and Gabapentin (which does nothing for me and makes me mean as hell.)

Is this pain chronic or acute?

-GC

This is just horrible. But yes from the comedown on the opioid epidemic it’s not surprising.
Kratom homie would be my go to.

This is just horrible. But yes from the comedown on the opioid epidemic it’s not surprising.
Kratom homie would be my go to.

Yeah I'm just worried that I'm gonna get so fucking pissed one day and give in to the temptation and just get some Heroin to slam and say fuck it. I mean I doubt I'd get addicted and heroin isn't really my go to drug because I can't getting dope sick and that comes with the high. But I've been clean and sober off drugs for a year and I'd hate to find a reason to go back to any drugs but for something like this I know my old meth habit won't help and I ain't touching the dope that's out there now days.. nope! Might just amputate my fucking leg and call it a day lmaooo

I can't even begin to describe the pain but imagine having poor circulation and being freezing cold in one leg and imagine that same leg getting hit over and over again with a baseball bat in the glute/hamstrings/quad area and the feeling of someone slowly trying to tear off that leg.. and that's almost what it feels like every second of the day and much worse.. and I don't know what to fucking do but the stupid flexxeril ain't helping with sleep and I'm losing my God damn mind and I am surprised I've suppressed my tears for this long but I'm just trying to hold it together because I don't want my girlfriend to watch me go through this pain any longer than I have been. I don't know what to do guys/gals.. I'm losing it =/

Can you get a second opinion or go to a pain clinic?

I'm gonna look into some pain clinics. As long as I don't need a referral from my primary doctor because he's been a shitty primary doctor for years now and I might call my insurance on Monday and switch doctors because he's never been able to assist me with anything. Lousy ass doctors these days! I should of finished med school.. I'd have all the tools I need to perform on myself if need be. My fault for being a dumbass and not getting my edumahcation lmaoo

Welcome to the over-policing of medical professionals brought to you by the drug wars and opioid epidemic. Glad to have you.

Mental health is going the same way. When I was having panic attacks and rock bottom depression I got mind-erasing antipsychotics and an antihistamine. After that I turned to the black market.

Kratom has really helped me in the past few years. I know not everyone gets results with it but I do! Definitely worth a shot or another try

After all that none sense all my primary doctor does this morning is prescribe me cyclobenzaprine and tells me to rest for two weeks til I recover lol wow

You should get an ultrasound guided xierisibe injection into the ruptured disc mate.

It takes a day or so to start working and full effect in 4 or 5 days.

I pinched a nerve and burst a couple of discs and that was what they did

It was very good

Valium for muscle spasm.

Yeah pain killers are there for a reason.

Just go back and say pain intolerable, actually don't bother, making your own poppy seed tea or thc oil could work

Thank you for the advise.. but my doctor will laugh in my face if I mention Valium. These doctors I get stuck with in Cali tell me and the other patients straight up that they won't prescribe xanax, valium, klonopin, any opiates, none of that unless you have Cancer and unless your cancer is really bad. Thus why thousands of Americans go to their local drug dealer.. even the elderly have a drug dealer named Tyrone or Sergio.. and I've heard them tell me about it.. it's fucking crazy! You gotta go to your drug dealer or oder drugs off the deep web if you want any of the good shit or if you want a good doctor.. you gotta have the money and the connections. I'm sure if we were celebrities we would have it much easier! That's the reality of it all.. I'm just ready to pass on man life is too much of a bitch and I'm struggling to see the bright side. Only reason why I stick around is because I have a girlfriend and I'm not trying to make any moves that are selfish on my part. I wanna live.. don't get me wrong.. but living has been so much of a pain to make me WANT to live or get me excited about living.. 'tis all! Love ya'll! Goodnight