• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The End of RCs, scared, I have been a daily user

Eyregirl

Bluelighter
Hi all.
I only discovered the joy of RCs about a year and a half ago. Life was a little rubbish to say the least and I discovered eph, made my life feel colourful again. Then they banned that. So I then moved on to MPA which I LOVED. used up to 250mg a day before it was banned. I then resorted to the highly debated Synthacaine, which from one specific vendor I found quite pleasurable.
But then I became interested in 3-fpm and have been using this daily for at least 6 months. Stopped for a tiny while but missed it too much.
It gives me a little sparkle to start the day with, and energy boost in the afternoon and a pleasant end to the day before popping a Benzo of choice.

The rc benzos are not a daily thing but certainly frequent use say 3 of 4 times a week. But daily stim use of anything up to 400mg but normally around 250mg range.

What am I going to do once I run out?
Will I be ill? Will I have withdrawals?
How can I curb any cravings using legal alternatives?

Is this going to be really tough or more a case of mind over matter?
Any thoughts or advice would be hugely appreciated.

I will never regret my time experimenting but I am scared of what the outcome may be.

Thank you all in advance.

I'm find the whole rc thing very interesting I don't know much about them only had an rc benzo once apparently it was an analogue similar most to xanax and it definitely felt like xanax just had longer legs. I'm from the days of old school 90's pressed disco biscuits, the double n tripple stacked Mitsubishi's, real blotter lsd, and real heroin not the fent stuff about. I'm sure the withdrawal you may experience from rc stims will be similar to withdrawal from true ones, depression, malaise, trouble sleeping, but I don't know for sure as the rc world is an entirely different one, a world without a bit of colour sure is depressing I deal with thst feeling quite a bit since stopping most everything. Nowadays I consider myself "sober" compared to the life I used to live for many years, though I'm on Zubsolv, scripted xanax and clonazepam, and have 2 or 3 beers at night with Zolpidem every once in a while, yeah I know the word sober doesn't make sense with what I just described but I have my life back in order and I don't have any compulsion with what I take nowadays. Hope you will feel alright I'd definitely like to hear from people who have good experience with rc's to see what they say about any withdrawal symptoms.

Hi all.
I only discovered the joy of RCs about a year and a half ago. Life was a little rubbish to say the least and I discovered eph, made my life feel colourful again. Then they banned that. So I then moved on to MPA which I LOVED. used up to 250mg a day before it was banned. I then resorted to the highly debated Synthacaine, which from one specific vendor I found quite pleasurable.
But then I became interested in 3-fpm and have been using this daily for at least 6 months. Stopped for a tiny while but missed it too much.
It gives me a little sparkle to start the day with, and energy boost in the afternoon and a pleasant end to the day before popping a Benzo of choice.

The rc benzos are not a daily thing but certainly frequent use say 3 of 4 times a week. But daily stim use of anything up to 400mg but normally around 250mg range.

What am I going to do once I run out?
Will I be ill? Will I have withdrawals?
How can I curb any cravings using legal alternatives?

Is this going to be really tough or more a case of mind over matter?
Any thoughts or advice would be hugely appreciated.

I will never regret my time experimenting but I am scared of what the outcome may be.

Thank you all in advance.
DO NOT DROP BENZO COLD TURKEY! I'm a complete dumbass to suggest dropping any benzo, and under any ordinary circumstance I would have never suggested such. Rapid taper your stimulants from 250 the first day, 150 the second, and 50 the last day. On the fourth day the only thing you should be taking is either Kratom (if you can get it), or smoking a little bud. After 3 days or so you should be jumping over the bad parts. Get lots of rest. I don't like recommending use of CNS depressants due to my own tendency to take more than needed in the heat of a bad moment. For sleep aids I recommend picking up some melatonin (you can't overdose on it) or some benadryl trade like Unisom.

Breaking the habits we love is never as easy as when we started them.

Last edited:
I'm find the whole rc thing very interesting I don't know much about them only had an rc benzo once apparently it was an analogue similar most to xanax and it definitely felt like xanax just had longer legs. I'm from the days of old school 90's pressed disco biscuits, the double n tripple stacked Mitsubishi's, real blotter lsd, and real heroin not the fent stuff about. I'm sure the withdrawal you may experience from rc stims will be similar to withdrawal from true ones, depression, malaise, trouble sleeping, but I don't know for sure as the rc world is an entirely different one, a world without a bit of colour sure is depressing I deal with thst feeling quite a bit since stopping most everything. Nowadays I consider myself "sober" compared to the life I used to live for many years, though I'm on Zubsolv, scripted xanax and clonazepam, and have 2 or 3 beers at night with Zolpidem every once in a while, yeah I know the word sober doesn't make sense with what I just described but I have my life back in order and I don't have any compulsion with what I take nowadays. Hope you will feel alright I'd definitely like to hear from people who have good experience with rc's to see what they say about any withdrawal symptoms.

^ I'm with you man. The healthcare system where I live is absolutely pathetic. I have a severe benzodiazepine dependency, and Thienotriazolodiazepines as well. This doctor was a new in my City, and was prescribing Suboxone, so I jumped at that, cause I have had a severe opioid tolerance since 2005, and then within the last four years, buying fentanyl pills, blowing my money like crazy. I have been on Suboxone before, but with much better doctoring. Jesus, I was on 6mg Alprazolam per day + 4mg Clonazepam per day, and the doc and the pharmacist converted that to 35mg of DIAZEPAM! (Talk about VERY POOR Mental health care in Alberta, Canada). I was even begging this guy to cold turkey me off 24mg of Suboxone (which is way too damn high anyways -- talk about an idiot doctor that doesn't care about helping people, obvsiouly he's just in it for the money.) So anyway, once I got down to 10mg of diazepam I was getting such bad depersonalization, shaking, severe severe insomnia, and just put me back on 2mg Clonazepam BID is not too much to ask for, but he wouldn't budge. And even if you have money, there is no psychiatrist you can see quickly, there is wait times. Lots of people say Canada has free healthcare, yeah, but its waiting lists are atrocious, and it is extremely hard to EVEN see a Psychiatrist here, let alone a family doctor.

Drop those benzos cold turkey. Rapid taper your stimulants from 250 the first day, 150 the second, and 50 the last day. On the fourth day the only thing you should be taking is either Kratom (if you can get it), or smoking a little bud. After 3 days or so you should be jumping over the bad parts. Get lots of rest. I don't like recommending use of CNS depressants due to my own tendency to take more than needed in the heat of a bad moment. For sleep aids I recommend picking up some melatonin (you can't overdose on it) or some benadryl trade like Unisom.

Breaking the habits we love is never as easy as when we started them.

^ WOAH WOAH. Stop. Do not tell patients that are scripted 2 benzos, especially strong potent benzo's like Xanax & Clonazepam to drop them cold turkey? Holy shit man giving that kind of advice can kill someone, VERY easily. With Benzodiazepines & Alcohol - Those are the only 2 drugs that can and WILL kill you in severe withdrawal. Please do not give advice like that again. This is harm reduction practices.

Aww man my friend neighbor to the North that really is a shame to hear bro. Alot of people here in the US talk about how bad the health care system is here, I'll tell you this 2 years ago during the last relapse run I was on I had no insurance at the time and was forced to be admitted to the hospital for 2 weeks, there were many a hospital visit, I was still treated properly bottom line I had to file chapter 7 bankruptcy to clear my credit. Now I have amazing health insurance by Cigna through my employer the screwed up thing is if I didn't have insurance there would be no way in everliving hell I would ever be able to afford buprenorphine treatment for my opioid addiction. Without insurance my bupe doc is 300 a month and my zubsolv is 500 a month, I only pay 35 dollar co pay and that's it...that's America without insurance...no wonder why there are so many who need help who can't get it. Anyway sorry to derail the thread. Back to RC withdrawal symptoms and how to help with it...anyone?!

And yeah Supeudol is on point do not ever cold turkey a Benzo! Cold turk a stimulant all day long but never a Benzo, you can alway go to the ER and get treated for Benzo withdrawal as it can be life threatening. Hope you have health insurance doe!

HOLY SHIT what the fuck was I thinking oh my god I'm sorry. If you abruptly stop a benzo (or even just taper off fast) its a huge change in brain chemsitry. Seizures are common. God that was shitty advice. Idk what the fuck I meant by that. It has to do with some kind of, I think its like GAMA or GABA neurotransmitter in the brain. I hear a Valium taper is good for benzos, but take it VERY slowly. Excercise extreme caution.

Thanks for your reply. Is using benzos 3-4 times a week at low doses still dangerous to stop cold turkey then? I would have tapered anyway.

But my main concern was daily use of stims particually 3-fpm for last 7 months ish. I don't take anything else apart from having a regular ciggie.

How will my body react to not having it in my system anymore?

Thanks again. X

Don't stop the benzos yet. Yes, it is still dangerous.

I cannot accurately tell you what you might feel with the stimulants, but like I said, I recommend a rapid taper. Most likely withdrawls for a few days IME.

How will your body react? Well after the withdrawls are done, your tolerance will gradually lessen. Then you just have the little benzo problem to deal with.

When you decide to taper benzos, do not, and I repeat DO NOT TAKE ANY OPIATES OR ALCOHOL. Do it slowly. Unless you're fond of life threatening seizures.

Thanks I don't use opiates but I do enjoy a drink. Not excessive thought. I'm talking weekend social drinking.

I have worked out the benzos I have left and I am gonna keep some just for cases of several insomnia or anxiety. I am going to focus on diclazipam. I take 4mg when I take it so I am gonna drop that to 3 for the first week or so and other evenings if sleep is difficult rely on good old sedating antihistamines!
After two weeks gonna drop down to 2mg then two weeks after that 1mg. Please bare in mind I don't use benzos every night. Probably 4 out of the 7 nights.
Do you think this is a safe reduction or too fast or slow?

Sorry to double post but I am still very keen to hear from other daily users of stimulants and how to reduce, at what rate and what withdrawals may I experience? Or is it gonna be more about cravings rather than withdrawals when it comes to 3-fpm in particular.

Thanks for your reply. Is using benzos 3-4 times a week at low doses still dangerous to stop cold turkey then? I would have tapered anyway.

But my main concern was daily use of stims particually 3-fpm for last 7 months ish. I don't take anything else apart from having a regular ciggie.

How will my body react to not having it in my system anymore?

Thanks again. X

Regarding the cessation of daily stimulant use which I have certainly been through with high purity amphetamines/methylamphetamines having been a daily user of both over long periods I can say that yes it is safe to cease abruptly or cold turkey your use, or you can taper your use - tapering from any drug of dependence is wise because it makes the transition to sobriety much easier physically and more importantly mentally/psychologically.

You are going to feel fatigued mainly ime, you'll want to sleep a lot and I suggest you eat healthily
while your appetite returns with a vengeance and it certainly will. The biggest hurdle to overcome are the cravings that often come with being a hard drug user especially an IV stimulant user or smoker and so on.....the ROA doesn't really matter, either way you are used to feeling euphoria and obviously you are giving that up if you are to cease use so you are going to need to direct your passion or become passionate or maybe even obsessive over a non drug related hobby or project to channel those cravings which only pass with abstinence and more importantly time. It will pass with time.

So in short, you are going to want sleep, nutrients and something else to do. You will find support on these boards but keep in mind this place could also act as a trigger for relapse, Sober Living may be a place to relegate yourself or maybe you would benefit more if you didn't surf the net especially drug sites and instead get outside and into something else. Food for thought.

Thank you so much. Your advice has been really helpful.
I have already invested in some herbal and vitamin supplements to help with the onslaught of fatigue and also a natural mood booster until I have ballance back out.
Thank you again so much. It was exactly the kind of advice I was after!
Have a good day.

Awh don't worry you're going through all this.

You should hopefully be fine with cessation of 3-FPN or any stimulant. Having only consumed benzos once I'm not the best to advise you on this apart from to mention to never stop benzos cold turkey after daily use. I don't know what to suggest for someone taking them 3-4 times a week n so I will leave that.

However, I'm a 3-FPM addict n today is day one of recovery for me. Stim addiction is psychological although n a few others that I have discussed cessation of 3-FPM with, have noted some physical flu-like (opiate WD) symptoms but on a more of a mild scale. You are more than likely to have a 'come down' which is more than likely to consist of feeling lethargic, hungry n mood swings. Aim to get vitamins into your body 3 can deplete them as well as possibly not eating n drinking sufficiently during use.

So look at drinking / eating things like; milk, salmon, watsr, spinach, bananas, keel, apples, almonds, chicken, turkey n so forth. Try to eat LIGHT snacks. You're body will most likely crave a lot lf food but eating little n often will give you energy whereas eating large meaks will tore you out (especial if you've gome a while without food.

Always here if you ever need anyome to talk to you can do this. I having seen you in EADD in awhile which is a shame as we have a thread discussing the ban n also fot 3-FPM. There's some amazing people there n we could have all helped you prepare (I mean as in psychologically gear yourself up, so to speak). You're still welcome. Also how about documenting your journey through this? You may feel extremely tired to do this at tones but it may help you somehow.

Take xare n wishing you all the luck in thecworld <3

Evey

PS: would you be willing to come post in our 3-FPM thread in EADD? There are many members going through the same thing n the moderators are ace if you needed owt? We'd love to have you in our community as we, so many of us, are dropping RCs right now <3

Last edited:
^That post is really sweet, very supportive. Sounds like a great thread especially if many of you are having to quit your RC's which is not so great in some senses but at least you have each other, you'll get through this. ?

Stimulant "withdrawal" for me (really its like an extended crash) consisted of fitful sleep where I tossed and turned almost like in a delirium. Followed by being passed out for like 2 days only to wake STArVInG. Before actually crashing/sleeping if I stopped taking stimulants ( particularly with high dose IV cocaine) I would find that some part on my body had to be in constant movement. Be it shaking my leg, tapping a finger, whatever. On some bad runs when I stopped but before im crashed I looked like I was about to jump out of my skin (other people's observations) and I was very shaky. This was when I had a pretty bad daily habit, and the first shot basically took the shakes AWAY, much like a drink does for an alcoholic.

Stimulant wd/ crash is also mentally draining/ depressing. However, it's nothing like opiate or benzo wd. It is mostly mental, and cravings are absurd, but the bit of physical isn't like other drugs. It is indeed psychological. But if you can get thru a week or two that craving really lessens.

Since we are on topic of bezo withdrawal. I recently have been self medicating 4-5 days a week for last 4 weeks 2-3mg etizolam a day. I find it amazing for anxiety/sleep/mood lift. I also am prescribed adderall for ADD which the etizolam synergies amazingly with for this feeling I can only describe as completely content and happy. Anyways long story short I have about 4-5 days before I start my new job and really want to cut the thiendiazapine(sp?) out before first day so I don't begin to rely on this drug to perform(cutting out adderall to short term). Would it be safe at those dosages to cold turkey it? And would it be realistic to assume most of major withdraw will be gone in 4-5 days given realitively short usage so far? Thanks for any help blue lighters!